Da Vinci Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

moza1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
DJ Ager said:
The whole STORY is lame and incites religious hatred

Who cares, religions incite hate all the time.

Christians/Catholics are such Hypocrites.
They Say all other religions are bad or wrong but then when someone makes a movie about their religion that they dont like, they cant take it.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
moza1 said:
Who cares, religions incite hate all the time.

Christians/Catholics are such Hypocrites.
They Say all other religions are bad or wrong but then when someone makes a movie about their religion that they dont like, they cant take it.
Please leave these subjects away from the forum.

Ritwik

co-founder
Personally, I can't understand all the fuss about Angels and Demons. It was more melodramatic and unbelievable than the average low budget 'bollywood' flick. The Da Vinci Code was far superior, because the plot was vastly more interesting and Brown's style is also more evolved, he is able to hold the story together unlike in A&D.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The Da Vinci Code is one of the best books I've read.It's a very fast moving thrilling story.

The movie is banned(for now) in India :(

So Sad.
Christians are just a minority in here.India is a Hindu & a Muslim country.
But still those little number of christians have forced the govt not to release the film.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
bharat said:
The Da Vinci Code is one of the best books I've read.It's a very fast moving thrilling story.

The movie is banned(for now) in India :(

So Sad.
But still those little number of christians have forced the govt not to release the film.
Two warnings in the thread and still someone has to come along and spoil it for people.

Topic Closed.

Ritwik

co-founder

The movie is banned(for now) in India

So Sad.

The film has not been banned. It has been cleared after much hassle that left a very bad taste in the mouth. Although I condemn the brash behaviour of elements within the Indian Catholic community, I feel that it is very unjust for you to call India "a hindu and muslim country". Catholics must be praised for the fact that the situation did not spiral out of control, which has happened in the past when "sentiments" of Hindus and muslims were concerned. Just to clarify, I am dead against censorship - and I am writing an article against it, which will hopefully be published very soon.

Sorry Andrew, but I just had to put that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread