Daniel Vettori Hints At Ball Tampering

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its got more to do with the wicket. Most of wickets in England have been dry to encourage strokeplay but teams with skills can use the wicket to scrub the ball early.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Did Gul get reverse swing today against Ireland?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It's just really interesting because I haven't seen anyone else do it here. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything but he must really know how to use reverse swing. It can't be a accident.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
It's just really interesting because I haven't seen anyone else do it here. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything but he must really know how to use reverse swing. It can't be a accident.

According to geoff lawson even NZ bowlers got some reverse swing during Pakistan innings. This is not the first time Gul has done reverse swing..as many others have said, he has the perfect action for it and he's just good at it. If you get bowled out for 99 it does not mean the other team was cheating. Even the umpires and referee said there was nothing wrong with the ball or anything.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
The ball didn't really do much in the air today.all the movement was off the pitch.i think umer gul is a fine exponent of swing bowling but, not sure about his ability to reverse swing the ball with out one of his team mates tampering it.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
The ball didn't really do much in the air today.all the movement was off the pitch.i think umer gul is a fine exponent of swing bowling but, not sure about his ability to reverse swing the ball with out one of his team mates tampering it.

why don't you go whine to the match referee about that like Vettori? Even referee and umpires dismissed his claim.

irottev

School Cricketer
Ball tampering and Pakistan at the Oval. What is it with that. This is twice.

irottev

School Cricketer
Lets be fair. Vettori was well within his rights to inquire about it. I've not seen swing the whole tournament. Does seem strange that only 1 bowler in the competition can do it. It's been blown out of proportion as usual.

irottev

School Cricketer
Well the theory on swing is that when one side gets scuffed up considerably and the other side is shiny. It does go against the theory when the ball reverses after 12 overs, if it WAS reverse. I've never seen a while ball swing after 12 overs in cricket before myself. It was a fair point to make.

irottev

School Cricketer
Oh and for the record, i'm not saying Vettori is right, or he was right in mentioning it, but when you're asked about it at a press conference what are you supposed to say? Are you supposed to lie? Are you stupposed to ignore the fact that you've never seen a ball swing after 12 overs?

It was probably just a freak situation where everything was right and it just happened for some unexplainable reason. Lets move on. Fact is, we played him terribly and instead of spending time talking about it they should get in the nets and learn to face it.

Users who are viewing this thread