DBC 17 Batting

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah same - forgot to add the batsman camera. I used to use pro mode but BA have screwed if up and made the camera jittery.

I tried using it in DBC 14 and got motion sickness. Couldn't take that constant movement while running.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I've now put in plenty of time batting - in fact that's the only thing I've done in the game so far - and here are my batting tips...

1. If you play on Custom dificulty level, tweak ALL the Gameplay Modifier sliders and revert them to the values you want (e.g., if the Ball Marker is set to 40, change it to 41 and then revert it to 40) and save. Sliders' behavior reverts to the default values sometimes when you start a new match or resume a saved one. Do this to ensure you have a consistent batting experience based on your slider settings else batting may seem too easy or difficult.

2. Good length deliveries (green) are the most dangerous in the game, especially the ones outside off stump - the ones which appear as half moon. Leave them if you are playing Tests or odis. You should only play the full circled green deliveries as they are on stumps. Half moon green colored deliveries (length deliveries outside off) are the ones that you end up edging the most.

3. You will see stamina and confidence increase anywhere from 1% to 3% everytime you leave the ball so leave the ball often. This will help you play longer innings. You can check your Stamina/Confidence levels by pressing up on d-pad.

4. Avoid the cut shot (3'0 clock on RS) as the weird animation will get you bowled or LBW often. Against pacers go with the late cut shot instead (RS between 3'0 clock and 6'0 clock).

5. Do not play late cut (RS between 3'0 clock and 6'0 clock) against spinners as the spinner will take miraculous catches off well timed shots diving nearly to Gully! For spinners avoid straight driving in the V as well coz spinners stop everything and are even better fielders than they were in DBC 14. For the most part I rely on off drive and glance/flick to Square Leg against spinners. I struggle with the sweep shot but if it works for you, that's another shot you can use.

6. Back foot shots, especially the drives, have been nerfed in DBC 17 so play them exclusively against short deliveries (red colored ones). Playing off the back foot against length and slightly short of length deliveries (green colored deliveries) is risky.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Oh man! After you get grip of how batting works and with the combination of custom batting difficulty, this is really amazing !! Great work BA.. once the 360° batting is fixed, it will be much better..
There is a gem of game waiting to be unearthed and thankfully shovel is in the right hands at BA studios. It is just a matter of time. I hope the focus of third patch is batting.

tangledbrave

School Cricketer
There is a gem of game waiting to be unearthed and thankfully shovel is in the right hands at BA studios. It is just a matter of time. I hope the focus of third patch is batting.
Agreed! Just had a top edge going for pull and one more wicket fending short ball flying to back leg position.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've now put in plenty of time batting - in fact that's the only thing I've done in the game so far - and here are my batting tips...

1. If you play on Custom dificulty level, tweak ALL the Gameplay Modifier sliders and revert them to the values you want (e.g., if the Ball Marker is set to 40, change it to 41 and then revert it to 40) and save. Sliders' behavior reverts to the default values sometimes when you start a new match or resume a saved one. Do this to ensure you have a consistent batting experience based on your slider settings else batting may seem too easy or difficult.

2. Good length deliveries (green) are the most dangerous in the game, especially the ones outside off stump - the ones which appear as half moon. Leave them if you are playing Tests or odis. You should only play the full circled green deliveries as they are on stumps. Half moon green colored deliveries (length deliveries outside off) are the ones that you end up edging the most.

3. You will see stamina and confidence increase anywhere from 1% to 3% everytime you leave the ball so leave the ball often. This will help you play longer innings. You can check your Stamina/Confidence levels by pressing up on d-pad.

4. Avoid the cut shot (3'0 clock on RS) as the weird animation will get you bowled or LBW often. Against pacers go with the late cut shot instead (RS between 3'0 clock and 6'0 clock).

5. Do not play late cut (RS between 3'0 clock and 6'0 clock) against spinners as the spinner will take miraculous catches off well timed shots diving nearly to Gully! For spinners avoid straight driving in the V as well coz spinners stop everything and are even better fielders than they were in DBC 14. For the most part I rely on off drive and glance/flick to Square Leg against spinners. I struggle with the sweep shot but if it works for you, that's another shot you can use.

6. Back foot shots, especially the drives, have been nerfed in DBC 17 so play them exclusively against short deliveries (red colored ones). Playing off the back foot against length and slightly short of length deliveries (green colored deliveries) is risky.

Mate , I dont see the Stamina / Confidence meters when I press up while batting in Custom or Online .

What am I doing wrong ?

kasabian21

International Coach
Pro mode for batting and batting far for running works a treat for me. No issues.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Mate , I dont see the Stamina / Confidence meters when I press up while batting in Custom or Online .

What am I doing wrong ?

I've only played Casual matches yet with default and custom difficulty and the stamina/confidence hud pops up at the bottom of the screen when I press up on the d-pad. If it doesn't in online games or in custom matches, report it as a bug and tag Matt or HBK.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Oh man! After you get grip of how batting works and with the combination of custom batting difficulty, this is really amazing !! Great work BA.. once the 360° batting is fixed, it will be much better..

For sure. I can imagine the fun to be had once you can hit shots all over the 360 degree arc.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've only played Casual matches yet with default and custom difficulty and the stamina/confidence hud pops up at the bottom of the screen when I press up on the d-pad. If it doesn't in online games or in custom matches, report it as a bug and tag Matt or HBK.

Here`s what I get when I press up whilst Batting in an online Game :

20161224_154519.jpg

EDIT : Just as I looked at my own Pic , there all the Stamina and Confidence stuff is right at the Bottom , where I obviously didnt notice them . :lol:lol:facepalm:lol

I was just looking at the Pop Up Window , hoping its there !

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Just had a an idea regarding batting, and that is- what if the coloured rings around the ball (the red, green, yellow, and dark blue) were a a few shades lighter when you first come in to bat, and they grew brighter and more visible as you spent more time at the crease and your confidence grew?

Anyways...

Really enjoying batting in this game atm, so much depth to it, been trying out a few different tactics to particular balls that have been causing me grief! Positive results, but I wont spoil it for you guys and gals, finding out different tactics yourself is the best part! :).

Chriscou

School Cricketer
So have had the game since release and I'm loving the batting as well as the bowling so surprised how many are disappointed with the batting.

Maybe it's because I wasn't that good at dbc14 - in the end I stopped playing dbc14 as I couldn't get good enough to not premeditate and it was just be a matter of time before I got out once I tried to do more than just block. So for me dbc17 batting is much more fun....I have time to attack the balls I want to attack and start to think like I would in real life.

There are some issues as have been reported, like spinners being a bit too sharp in fielding off their own bowling and 1 or 2 shots hard to pull off but otherwise all good for me....

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have some issues in batting with timing etc..
If you have them all perfect but the ball still doesn't go to the boundry!!.
I agree with a lot of the past posts around shot selections that were in DBC14.
Real help needed is hitting 6's and aggressive shots as i always get caught out!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I have some issues in batting with timing etc..
If you have them all perfect but the ball still doesn't go to the boundry!!.
I agree with a lot of the past posts around shot selections that were in DBC14.
Real help needed is hitting 6's and aggressive shots as i always get caught out!!

IMO the feedback system while batting isn't working the way it should. I get 3 greens (perfect) for shot, footwork & timing and the ball barely dribbles to mid off whereas in some cases a "Poor Shot" (Red) races to the boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread