Not open for further replies.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sourav Ganguly hero as Mumbai win.....​

Sourav Ganguly.png
Sourav Ganguly made a brilliant century and Mumbai won

On a good batting pitch. Mumbai Indians won the toss and elected to bat first. Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar came to bat with a strategy in the mind. Sachin Tendulkar was playing slowly and basically had intension of taking singles rather than taking risks and getting out. On other hand Sourav Ganguly was smashing every bowler all around the park. A partnership got build and Mumbai Indians lost their first wicket in 17th over. Sachin Tendulkar got out after playing slow innings of 34. But his intension was to support Ganguly and he succeeded in it. Ganguly after two overs reached his very well made century. By a great innings from him Mumbai Indians were able to make a score of 173 for 4. A good total. Kings XI Punjab got off to a good start as well. McCullum played few big strokes but got out in the 5th over. Murali Vijay got out for a low score though. But Matthew Hayden played a good knock of 45. Yuvraj Singh smashed few big strokes to bring Kings XI Punjab back into the game. Scott Styris too smashed few boundaries but still Kings XI Punjab lost but by just 10 runs. Man of the match award was given as expected to Sourav Ganguly for his brilliant knock of 115.

Scorecard_1.png
Scorecard_2.png

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Chennai Super Kings outclass Royal Challengers Bangalore​

Yusuf Pathan.png
Yusuf Pathan continued his good form as he made a match winning 66 runs

Chennai Super Kings won the toss and elected to bowl first. The pitch had grass and was a tough one to bat on. Bangalore got off to a steady start. 89 in 15 overs. Surprisingly Warner played slowly and Smith played his normal innings. Warner departed at the end of 14th over and after that no one really from Bangalore middle order played a good innings to take Bangalore to a good total. Royal Challengers Bangalore were just able to make 130 in their 20 overs. Chennai lost Kallis early and Dhoni decided to bat a bit up the order, as he came to bat at 1st down. Dhoni was just rotating the strike and Yusuf Pathan was playing his normal innings. As usual Pathan was smashing bad balls away for fours and sixes. Chennai won easily in the 16th over. Yusuf Pathan continued his dream run in the DLF IPL Season 3. As he went to the pavilion not out for 66 and even the captain MS Dhoni went not out for 46.

Scorecard_1.png
Scorecard_2.png

Aditya

ICC Board Member
It was finally time for our match. Our next match was versus Rajasthan Royals. Whole team was happy after winning the previous match versus Kolkata Knight Riders. We were practicing well in the nets. Sehwag found his form back. Which is a good thing for the whole team. I was sitting in my room and thought to have a look at the website. One of my mates in Delhi Daredevils side told me that the feature of Raise your voice was removed because it was causing few problems in the site and the members were not taking much interest in it as well. So in place of that a new feature was announced which was related to our coach Whatmore. The feature was called Words on the team from the Coach. In this feature Whatmore needed to write about the team. For ex players, practice, matches and other stuff. Whatmore already posted about the team in the new feature let's see what he wrote.

69917d1273408924-delhi-daredevils-journey-dlf-ipl-3-match-28-up.png

Delhi Daredevils
Words on the team from the Coach

I was asked for being the coach of Delhi Daredevils side for DLF IPL Season 3 and I happily accepted the offer. Delhi Daredevils side is very strong. They have some very good players who always try to improve which is always a good thing for a team. All the boys are hard working and always listen to me. Whenever I say anything to them about their improvements in batting or in bowling they always listen to me and improve the things I tell them. Our batsmen?s need to bat more sensibly though. Our bowling has been good but we need our batsmen?s to perform, I mean to convert their starts into big innings. The young guy, Aditya is hard working in nets but he needs to perform. Apart from his 47 he hasn?t really performed well. He has got starts but he needs to convert his starts into big innings. Sehwag was a worrying factor as well, as he makes a big difference to our team. He was out of form but in last match he has performed and whole team hopes that now he will continue his good form. From the last match we have learned that we cannot underestimate any team. We won the last match because of our good bowling. Our bowlers were very good in the last match but I want my team batsmen?s to perform as well. We may have to do few changes in the next match in our batting line up. Aditya needs to perform in the next match to cement (sort of) his place in the Delhi Daredevils side as an opener. Our overseas players, especially batsmen?s need to perform. Our next match is versus Rajasthan Royals and we cannot underestimate them. They have some very good players, especially batsmen?s so our bowlers will need to bowl very well. Wish us good luck guys, hope we will win our next match versus Rajasthan Royals.

Dav Whatmore

Bottom.png

That's all he wrote. As he mentioned I need to make runs for my side to make a place for myself in the side. I am getting starts but I need to convert my starts into big innings. Can I do it versus Rajasthan Royals? Only time will tell.... After few minutes whole team was called from their rooms because we needed to leave for the stadium, Kotla Cricket Stadium. We went in our buses and we reached Kotla Stadium in about half an hour. We went in the dressing rooms and spend some time in chatting with each other about the match. After few minutes Whatmore said that now we can practice in the ground and we went to the ground. Only 4 could have practiced at a time, So Gayle, Sehwag, Pietersen and Raina were practicing. After few minutes finally I got to practice. :D Nehra was just about to bowl to me but Whatmore said no. No Aditya you won't practice against a fast bowler you will practice against a spinner ex Haurtiz. Hauritz then bowled to me. I decided that whatever happens I won't lose my wicket. I was defending pretty well and Whatmore was looking happy. Hauritz bowled a flighted delivery and I went on back foot and smashed it on straight. Whatmore said that's right, that's right! That's the way to play the spinners, Aditya. You need to quickly get onto back foot; I guess you are learning well. I said thanks coach. :) I practiced for few more minutes and the good thing was that I didn't lose my wicket. I played safely, smashed few strokes. Whatmore said that's a good thing that you didn't lose your wicket. But the real test is yet to start. How you practice does not matter, you have to play well in the match that matters. :) I said right coach. :) After batting practice I did fielding practice for a while and then it was really close for the toss. But before that the team was announced. Our team was as follows:
Delhi Daredevils squad for match 29
A.Aditya
V.Sehwag
C.Gayle(c)
K.Pietersen
A.Flintoff
V.Kohli
S.Raina
I.Pathan
N.Hauritz
A.Nehra
R.P.Singh​

After the squad was announced, Gayle went to the ground for the toss let's see what happend at the toss.

We won the toss and elected to bowl first. The pitch was not really good for batting so we decided to bowl first and try to restrict Rajasthan Royals to a fine first innings score which we can chase. Whatmore said see guys we need to win this match. We need to continue our winning run. We can?t underestimate any side. Rajasthan Royals have some very good players. Let's try and beat them and continue our winning run. Everyone of the team said yes and we started getting ready for the match. What will happen in the match? Will I perform? Or I will again get a start and loose my wicket? I have to wait for my batting to come though let' wait and we will see what happened in the match....

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Gayle should have opened the side, but you got an opportunity to bat as an opener, Good Luck for this match, and the presentation look's excellent.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
excellent presentation dude, I loved reading this, but at some spaces it becomes a little weird.

Despite that A really good presentation.:hpraise

Aditya

ICC Board Member
excellent presentation dude, I loved reading this, but at some spaces it becomes a little weird.

Despite that A really good presentation.:hpraise

Cheers mate. I am trying to make this story as much intersting as I can. But sometimes it gets a bit unrealistic/weird. But I always try to improve it, I will try and improve the flaws which are there in the story. :)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Cheers mate. I am trying to make this story as much intersting as I can. But sometimes it gets a bit unrealistic/weird. But I always try to improve it, I will try and improve the flaws which are there in the story. :)

Good luck bro.:)'

Waiting for the match, I've a feeling that you'll score big.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Match 29
At Kotla Cricket Stadium

Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals

Chris Gayle.png
Chris Gayle continued his good form with the bat as he made a match winning 51

So, Rajasthan Royals came to bat after loosing the toss. We were ready for the match. The bowlers were confident to restrict them to a score which we can chase. Rajasthan Royals got off to a very poor start. They were 47 for 7. I and my side were obviously very happy. RP Singh who was not sure to be picked in the match because of his poor performance with the bowl in the previous matches but in this match he proved that he is in good form with the bowl. We thought that now Rajasthan Royals will get all out for a score around 70 to 80. But Abhishek Nayar played a very good innings of 56 which helped Rajasthan to reach to a respective total. He got out in the last bowl of the over. Nayar made a well played 56 and Rajasthan Royals final score was 123.

I went back to the pavilion and my coach Whatmore said to me. See Aditya, you should not worry about your place in the side. Try to make some runs but for that you will need to stay at the pitch for a fair time. If you do so you will obviously score runs. I said yes coach. He gave me few tips about playing on back foot quickly so that I remember them and try that on the field. Then Sehwag and I got ready to go onto the field to play. Sehwag said be chill Aditya. Don?t worry much or else you will loose your wicket. For the first 5 overs let?s set a run rate of 6.00 runs per over. In the 6th over we will play few strokes. If you or I get out early. Then you or me who will be at the pitch will at least try to make 30 runs. As the pitch not really good to bat on let?s set a target of 40.

We went to the field and match started. We got off to a poor start. With loosing Sehwag for just 2. I and Gayle then decided to play slow and steadily and build a partnership. I and Gayle made a good partnership and got ourselves back in the match after loosing an early wicket. Nayar came to bowl and I decided to play few big strokes. I did that and soon Smith brought Nanda into the bowling attack and I lost my wicket. But till then we were very close to win the match. When I went to the pavilion everyone clapped for me.. Whatmore said well played Aditya. Finally a good innings from you under pressure. Continue that and it will be easy for the whole team to win the matches and do something special in this years IPL. :) I said sure coach. :)

Pietersen went to bat next but was just able to make 10 Flintoff played a good innings of 16. Gayle played really well for his 51. Which helped us to win the match in 18.3 overs. A good win for us. I finally was able to play a good innings but still I needed to play few more good innings. We have a break of a week now and whole team will try and improve to be much stronger. Man of the match award was given to Chris Gayle for his well made 51

Scorecard_1.png
Scorecard_2.png

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Shopping.....:banana2​

So, after playing some important and most importantly winning those important matches it was time for shopping. :D The team staff decided to have a break and do some shopping. I didn't really wanted buy many thing but just two games, IC'10 and ICC'10. :) My roommate Ishant Sharma had a ps3 so we both decided to buy a cd of IC'10 for psp and ICC'10 for computer/laptops. I didn't had plan of buying any other thing but Kohli forced me so I bought a pair of Adidas shoes. :D

348464ps_500h.jpg

7513ffebe950a0f8beb7cad5ece5bab6121_1CricketCaptain_PC_2D_257x362.jpg

Adidas-Howzat-II-shoes.jpg

Every player of the team bought something and after few minutes we went back to our hotel. Atmosphere in the team was good. We all were happy with our wins. As we had no practice the day after our last match so we all decided to go for shopping. Surprisingly one person came to me and asked for an autograph. I said sure. My fan said to me that he likes my batting and bowling a lot, specially my batting. He said that I am a great example for the young players who find it hard to prove themselves at national level, that too in IPL. He wished me best of luck and went away, my first autograph to anyone. :) We went for shopping and after coming back I and Ishant played IC'10 and ICC'10. :D We enjoyed our time. We got rest after playing few crucial matches and we were obviously tired. But a break after few hectic days is always great. :yes Last night we had a party at disco as well. Everything was present at the disco. Especially the drinks were good. :spy We partied till 3.00 am and then came back to our hotels. Now we have 1 week break and then our next match is versus Royal Challengers Bangalore. They are tough opponent. After 1 day break we will start practicing again. We want to continue our win record, hopefully we will. :)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Deccan Chargers crush Kolkata Knight Riders​

Luke Wright.png
Luke Wright played brilliantly for his 89

Deccan Chargers won the toss and elected to bat first. Deccan Chargers had option of either giving a chance to Marsh to open or bring back Wright. They felt that bringing Wright back into the team as opener will be better because Wright can bowl as well. Adam Gilchrist was not really hitting boundaries and was mainly rotating the strike. But Wright had some other plans. Wright from the very first bowl had strategy of playing attacking cricket. Glenn Mcgrath didn't allow Wright to smash him for boundaries. So, Pollard was paying the penalty for it. Pollard proved to be very expensive because Wright was targeting him when he felt to hit boundaries in the starting overs. Later in the innings Cairns and Kartik bowled very well but on other hand Warne and Ajmal proved to be expensive. Wright played brilliantly but sadly missed out on a century and got out for 89 at the end of the 19th over. Deccan Chargers managed to make 11 runs in the last over and Deccan Chargers final score was 175. Gilchrist played till the end of the innings and made 78 runs of 65 balls. Kolkata Knight Rider?s openers struggled to make quick runs but they build a good opening partnership. 91 runs in 14.4 overs and then Kolkata lost their 1st wicket. Then again as usual in this IPL Session it was a poor performance from Kolkata Knight Rider?s middle order as Kolkata Knight Riders were just able to make 132. Man of the match award was given to as expected Luke Wright.

Scorecard_1.png
Scorecard_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread