rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone done it yet, had 10 dot balls but then did a no ball

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Some games they do, some games they don't. I've had games where they destroy me and games where they leave or defend everything, even when the target is very close in the last over.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Some games they do, some games they don't. I've had games where they destroy me and games where they leave or defend everything, even when the target is very close in the last over.

Yeah AWTA. It just takes a few no/bad balls towards the end and they pretty much always double there score in the last over.

Helicon

School Cricketer

The AI is not optimised for 3 game matches obviously, but it seems to make a big difference to the computer's agressiveness depending on whether you're bowling or batting first. If you make them bat first it's quite easy to restrict them to a very low score in the first 2 overs, then they get a bit more agressive in the last it seems to me. If they bat second and you've set a high-ish total, they seem to try to play big shots more quickly, this is when I've got a few wickets, mostly caught (not behind) off expansive drives or hooks.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Challenge number 2: Restrict Australia to as little runs as possible, using only Swann/Panesar.

Challenge 3 could be using Cook/Strauss :D

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Managed to get Phil Hughes dragging on off Flintoff, and it wasn't a no ball! :D Stopping the bar in the right place is absolutely critical to having a chance, and even then there's no guarantee it won't get smashed for four. Just wish the length for a good ball wasn't a half volley.....

I've not been able to keep the Aussies under 14 since I posted earlier.

zedar

School Cricketer
Whats your best batting/bowling performance in the demo?

Mine is:
Batting - 54/1
Bowling - 5/2
Both on hard difficulty as England.

Last edited:

Satish555

Club Captain
hold on....49/0 in 3 overs ?? :eek: :confused:

although its very difficult to hit a six, i realise that players with greater skill levels like ponting can do it quite easily. so i just lose a wicket up early and let ponting in early so he can hammer the bowlers. the perfec spot in his timing bar is greater compared to others and its much easie. iver played the demo like 40 times and am able to score 40 in 3 overs consistently.

but i find the bowling hard. i cant understand how u can restrict them to 5. one time i got hammered for 50 runs.

Users who are viewing this thread