Dhoni ready for Test captaincy: Kirsten

Jit

International Cricketer
Well Dhoni can't even bat at Test level. If he proves me wrong with a decent average this series, showing that he has changed, then I will be happy with him being test captain.

Agree and if he becomes the captain then more pressure on him to preform. I think if Kumble retries give someone who is experienced like Sehwag.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sehwag will be more ideal Captain for test matches. Dhoni cant even gaurantee his place in Test matches.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Sehwag will be more ideal Captain for test matches. Dhoni cant even gaurantee his place in Test matches.

I agree,because there was Dinesh Karthick,who was in test side earlier,who opened the innings,also Dhoni hasent prived so far in test format (which is really tough to prove,if u are an aggressive player,even Yuvi hasent got place in test team,he has been in Indian sdie for almost 8 years now),test cricket is diffrent altogether than ODI/T20.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There will be a problem with Sehwag as captain. It could lead to problems between him and Dhoni. Ideally, two captain theory works well when the test captain doesnt play in the ODI and T20's. But Sehwag plays in all three formats and Dhoni also plays in all three formats. So if you need to have a different captain for tests, look for someone who plays only tests. Apart from Kumble and Dravid, no one else plays only tests (not counting Ganguly who is retiring).

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
...and VVS Laxman isn't really captain material.

sanjit1206

School Cricketer
dhoni as a captain

i dont think dhoni as better captain in test,i'll vote for VIRU

nikhil_99

International Coach
While young cricketers need to be given a chance to succeed, veterans must be given a chance to fail, and Kumble has not failed. He is a tough customer, as Ricky Ponting will agree, and in cricket as in most things it is usually wise to follow the dictum: don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You guys wanted Dhoni to score, and he has DONE IT. He scored 92 and 65 on a wicket where the Aussies struggled with the bat. He set the aggressive platform from which india could crush Australia.

he should be our next captain with sehwag as vice captain

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
This proves one thing.

Aggressiveness = Success i.e, Ganguly, Dhoni

Defensiveness = Failure i.e, Dravid.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
This proves one thing.

Aggressiveness = Success i.e, Ganguly, Dhoni

Defensiveness = Failure i.e, Dravid.
What are you talking about, Dravid has had a more successful career than Ganguly or Dhoni could dream of, with the bat in Tests.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Dravid was a fine captain. Only in the end of his career (ie World Cup) did he struggle.

I think Dhoni is ready, but he shouldn't get rid of the Terrific Three (;)) yet. If he pulls for youth in the test team i'll be mad.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
What are you talking about, Dravid has had a more successful career than Ganguly or Dhoni could dream of, with the bat in Tests.

I meant captaincy wise. Dhoni and Ganguly seem more aggressive in the captaincy department, Whereas Dravid is boring and defensive...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I meant captaincy wise. Dhoni and Ganguly seem more aggressive in the captaincy department, Whereas Dravid is boring and defensive...

Fair enough, but Dravid was by no means a poor captain.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I agree, Not a poor captain by any means. But I think he could have been a lot more successful had he'd been more aggressive in Field Settings and having more faith in his bowlers at times...

nikhil_99

International Coach
Lets give some time to Dhoni,in last 1 yr he hasent scored much in test cricket,till then let him settle down,Kuble might retire in 1 yr or so.

Users who are viewing this thread