Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea I know... in 2015 (or whenever I'm in) he does have great FC stats though. Averages 38 odd with the bat and 27 with the ball. Scored a century on debut as well.

jacobfelix

International Coach
2041 season : Playing as Surrey

I am coming to the end of my 2041 season and this is the Best Match so far. On the first day itself my team was hopelessly placed and coming from that situation to win in the end is simply amazing...that too against current CC title holders Derbyshire. :D

Electing to bat, on a rain hit first day, I crashed to 64/6 :eek: before my opener A.Hollinghurst and Indian offie D.Sriram put on a 112 for the 7th wkt. Even my pacemen Penman-Stubbs contributed 20 each to end up on a respectable 246.

Derby's were off to a great start with 79/0 before offie Sriram and paceman J.Short struck at regular intervals to have them bowled out for 208 before lunch of Day 3.

My team had a good start and were 85/0 ...but there again...3 quick wkts....97/3 ... and batsmen Chester-Dobson had to push around for a good total to defend. They put on a 111 for the 4th wkt. With about 45 minutes left for Day 3 to end, I put the rest of the batsman on aggression and with the score going upto 275.....I dont know, what came over me :D as I gave a Bold Declaration at the end of the day which meant Derbys had to get 314 on Day 4.

On Day 4, wkts fell at regular intervals in the first session and they were 111/5 - a ball after lunch and I thought I had the match under control. But Jacklin & keeper Bentley brought them back into the game with a 97 run stand before the latter got bowled out. And within 10 runs they lost 2 more wkts to slip to 218/8 & again I thought the game was pretty much mine.

But Jacklin had other ideas :D as he put on 76 for the 9th wkt with Lee to take the total to 294/8. :eek: With about 7 overs remaining..... I was getting tensed in front of the computer. :p But Stubbs, who had just been hit for a six by Jacklin, switched over to round the wkt & cleaned him up. :cheers

With 15 runs to get & 3 overs remaining, all results could have happened. But Lee who tried to off drive a ball from Stubbs got a leading edge only for Penman to take the catch on the long off boundary. Wow! Here was a match which fluctuated to both sides at regular intervals before I ended up victorious. And it is these sort of matches that make us loyal to the game & stick to it. :p

[ Another thing to be noted here is, Derbyshire conceeded 31 extras during my first innings and 29 during my second....which eventually looked costly. ]

Cc.jpg

Derbyshire's failed run chase on last day

dscr.jpg

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
@ Chewie - Is that Neil Wagner playing for South Africa? :lol

Yea it's quite annoying :p If he had been playing for us I wouldn't be ranked 8th in the world still :p

jacobfelix

International Coach
From the past 2-3 seasons, I am finding it tough to defeat Notts in my game...either I end up with a loss or a draw....Even this time, in my 2041 season, Notts had my team under control at 231/6. I thought a 270-280 would be final score.

But my wk J.Olney & Indian offie D.Sriram put on 258 unbroken partnership for the 7 wkt & steered my team to a great total. Fun is, both had 2 lives....Very Very costly drops.....

In fact, had I put on another 5 runs and declared then this partnership would have entered the Historical records...it was only after the match I came to know about it.... :noway

Already devastated :p by that partnership, Notts crushed to an innings defeat

rec_ship.jpg

jacobfelix

International Coach
2042 season : Playing as Surrey

Poor Leics....:p With the match clearly headed for a draw after both teams scored 500+ runs in their first innings, the opposition, after batting for 2 sessions on Day 4, brought about their own demise :D by giving a bold declaration at tea, leaving my team Surrey to score 215 in about 32-33 overs.

Seeing that their bowling attack is very poor, I set the batsmen on aggressive after 5-6 overs and they responded in great style by chasing down the target with 13 minutes to spare.

Openers S.Bacher scored 50(61) ; A.Hollinghurst 64(42)
S.Yapp scored a quickfire 40 off 28 balls and my finisher A.Chester gave the finishing touches with a smashing 46 off only 21 balls.

So much for the AI's stupid bold declaration. :p

294kjrs.jpg

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
How far are you going to go? :facepalm

I can get barely anywhere in all of my saves. Did have a good one with Pakistan on ICC 3 but then look at my current saves in ICC 10.

Australia - 2010 (Don't play it really at all)
Bangladesh - 2016 (Probably my best save)
South Africa - 2012 (Don't play it that often
Australia - 2010 (With Tassie players, just started it.)
Durham - 2014 (Play it when I'm bored, mainly for Dobson's stunning abilities)
South Australia - 2016 (The save I get totally dominated although I'm doing alright this season)
Tasmania - 2010 (Started not long ago and got bored pretty easily)
Worcestershire - 2012 (My story save so I play it pretty often)
New Zealand - 2010 (Just started it yesterday)

Chewie

BCCI President
In some of the older games I used to play it so much. I'd get to around 2030 or so

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Actually, sorry. In ICC 09, I had a Nottinghamshire save in 2042 but I skip all the games. I still dominate big time though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The furthest I've got playing is like 4/5 seasons, and skipping it's like 10 seasons.

For the county saves I normally just stop once I get a great team, which normally only takes like 4/5 seasons if you start with a half decent team.

With international saves I normally only play a season or two.

6ry4nj

International Coach
2042 season : Playing as Surrey
Openers S.Bacher scored 50(61)

Bacher? So the Brits are still poaching Saffers after all those years:p? Or is he the last of the Kolpaks (he'd have to be in his 60s)? :p

I also notice you have a bowler named Lahore. It's not a name I'm familiar with. I know the game's not great at regen names. I suppose it's meant to be a British-born Indian name.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Bacher? So the Brits are still poaching Saffers after all those years:p? Or is he the last of the Kolpaks (he'd have to be in his 60s)? :p

I also notice you have a bowler named Lahore. It's not a name I'm familiar with. I know the game's not great at regen names. I suppose it's meant to be a British-born Indian name.

Both are my overseas players for this season. Steve Bacher is SouthAfrican opener. And as for S.Lahore...surprise...surprise...he's Indian fast bowler :D...in fact, In Pakistan team there is a No. 3 batsman called T.Kumar :D

The game is also not great with Indian regen's regions. for ex, some w.k S.Mudgal, D.Singh is from Karnataka. Some K.Dravid is from UttarPradesh :D Hirwani is from TamilNadu ; W.Gavaskar is from Vidarba :D...also I notice, as the seasons go by, the Asian regens dont have a first name...only initials....far better I think....would have been ridiculous had names been Alan Dravid ; Geoffrey Tendulkar ; Mike Afridi...:D

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
aussiewin.png

We lost the 1st test by 46 runs, so this win sets up a thrilling final test.

The line-up I've used for the first two tests has been:

Horne
Bell
Fleming
McMillan
Sinclair
Astle
Parore
Tait - Medium pace bowling AR (Not actually a regen)
Shelley - Off spinner (Regen)
Vettori
Sewell - Left arm pace bowler (Not actually a regen)

Considering the uselessness of our pace bowlers, the two spin Shelley/Vettori, two pace Tait/Sewell, and two part-time Astle/McMillan attack has been working a treat.

Our batting's still very fragile though, which I guess is only realistic.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
New Zealand looks a interesting team in ICC10. I'll start a save with them today and post my progress.

Users who are viewing this thread