Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand looks a interesting team in ICC10. I'll start a save with them today and post my progress.

Are you referring to my save?

If you are that's in ICC 2, which is pretty much ICC 1999.

----------

I ended up drawing the final test to tie the test series with Australia 1 - 1.

After losing the first game of the tri-series to Australia, we smashed South Africa by seven wickets, South Africa then beat Australia, so we're all tied on one win a piece.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wasn't actually referring to your save. It seems that New Zealand team in ICC can lose to Bangladesh but can win against Australia. :p

Num

Club Cricketer
How difficult is it to play as New Zealand in ICC10? Do you lose effectively every match or can you make decent progress with the team?

Chewie

BCCI President
I haven't made too much progress and I'm in 2019 or something. Still hover around 6th or 7th on the rankings

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't made too much progress and I'm in 2019 or something. Still hover around 6th or 7th on the rankings

And isn't New Zealand generally rated higher in your save. :p

In most ICC's New Zealand are rubbish, because none of our batsmen have high FC averages like the South Africans and subcontinent players do.

Chewie

BCCI President
Nah I'm not using my save

----------

As in I'm not using the save game I made because I found that a bit too unrealistic :p

jacobfelix

International Coach
2042 season : Playing as Surrey

Whew! Amazing run chase on the last day with an hour and 20 minutes to go.

On a batsman friendly pitch, I was lucky to win the toss and post a mammoth 549 courtesy S.Bacher's highest FC score - 271.

Hants too responded well. In fact, at one stage they were 284/2 & then they lost wickets at regular intervals to be bowled out for 365. With a little over 4 sessions remaining in the match & with a 184 lead, I gave a follow-on only to see Hants again bat well.

Here again on the 4th day, they were 263/4...some quick wkts they slipped to 286/8....some half hour before tea. But a frustrating 49 run partnership for the 9 wkt not only enabled them to take that lead to 150 but also a hope of forcing a draw. But luckily with an hour and a half remaining my pacemen struck and they got bowled out. ( Probably if they had batted for another 20 odd minutes I would have had to settle for a draw )

A target of 152 in about 1 hr and 20 minutes...probably 20-21 overs...typical T20 situation. Chasing a R.R of 7.5 on a last day's track can be tricky...but I decided to go for it & come to a decision mid-way...My openers gave one of the best starts which they havent given even in a T20 match :D - 71 for the first wicket in 7 overs !!! My job was half done. But it was at this stage Harrington started to get wkts and I lost 5 by the time I reached score of 135 ... but with each batsmen going at a strike rate of 100 and even 140+, I achieved it with 20 minutes to spare.

25675ly.jpg

Surrey - 2nd Innings

261gtg4.jpg

2wlzpec.jpg

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
I lost to them on easy mode once :/

jacobfelix

International Coach
Thrilling one run win :cheers

[Playing as Surrey]

In my 2043 season, here was a CC match where fortunes fluctuated on both sides before finally my team won by a run in a rain-hit match.

Electing to bat, my openers put on 112 for the opening wicket and looked to post a big total. But then my team slipped to 260 allout.

Then had Notts at 188/6 before a 88 run stand for the 7th wkt helped them to 294 allout.

Facing a deficit of 34, my openers again started well to make 62 for the first wicket. But wickets at regular intervals hampered my progress of setting a good total to be bowled out for 239.

The Run Chase

So, chasing a target of 206 in just a little over 2 sessions on the last day, Notts received early blows to be 22/2. Then a 3rd wicket stand of 89 gave me hints that the match was slipping away.

Notts Collapse

But dramas did happen with about half hour to go for tea, I brought on allrounder Curtis into the attack and he knocked Popplewell off. Then my another allrounder leggie Chester joined in by taking 2 more wkts. In came spinner Fessey and trapped Seaman in the penultimate over before tea. 6 down. Notts went to tea at 131/6 with batsman Bishop & Cranshaw still at the crease.

Notts back in the game

After tea, I brought my main bowlers back....only to see 35 runs come off the first 8 overs itself. Again I brought in Chester and he went through Bishop - 178/7. A ray of hope. But here again, a flurry of runs as Notts moved to 200/7. This 22 run stand for the 8th wkt, with No. 9 Ryder himself scoring 16 off those frustrated me & with 6 required to win, I thought it was all over..

Panic under pressure

Six to win. 3 wkts in hand. Cranshaw did the unbelievable as he lofted Palmer straight into the deep and into the throat of Curtis. 200/8.

Next over, Ryder swept a four. 204/8. In trying to repeat the sweep, a soft catch to Palmer at close-in. 204/9. :eek:

With 2 to win. 1 for Tie. 61 minutes to go. Fingers crossed. :D I continued with Palmer and with the 5th ball he cleaned up Milligan to signal a thrilling one run win. :cheers:cheers

Notts failed run chase

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
lol, I was nearly on my way to losing to the Netherlands.

I made 291/7 from our 40 overs, thanks to some good all-round batting, and I thought that they would never be able to chase that down.

Scorecard:

Mitchell 25 (20)
Norris 8 (13)
Ambrose 64 (59) - Been the inform batsman in OD's this season
Stafford 41 (34)
Blundell 60 (53) - Got run out as well
Adler 11 (10)
Wheeldon 22* (18)
Snow 25 (12) - Coming in for Clare, did a great job
Pears 33* (23) - Best OD batting performance :p
Southee DNB
Rankin DNB

Things went downhill from there, as Borren smashed 81 off 49 balls while de Grooth scored 44 off 33 as they were well on track to win at 3/143 after about 16 overs. Mitchell completely ripped through them though with 4/26 while Pears took 3/41 and Snow took 2/52, as we bowled them out for 176, winning by 115 runs.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Wow, awesome win in a rain stricken match. Even 5 hours of rain wasn't enough to stop me from winning in a nailbiter.

Made 356/7 dec. in our first innings, Adler scoring 193 given the chance to open the batting, our next best score 38. They made 300 all out in reply, Pears taking 4 wickets in his second spell to take 4/41, while Mitchell took 3/50.

There was about 4 sessions remaining at this time. I made 186/4 dec. Park scoring 75* and Stafford making 67 setting them about 240 to win in just under 2 sessions.

Southee got the early breakthrough but Carberry and Pietersen got them back in the game with a 63 run partnership, before Mitchell took the wickets of both of them in his first over. Southee then struck first over after tea, so we needed another 6 wickets to win. Southee went on to take another 2 wickets to finish with 3/35, while Pears took 3/36 and Mitchell 3/38 as we bowled them out for 195 with about 5-7 overs left in the session. Hom finished 66*, but he ran out of partners.

Well my FC batting records are pretty weird. Combined, I have scored 16 centuries and 12 half centuries, 2 being Clare and Southee. Great conversion rate :p

PrimeOdysseus

School Cricketer
I was bored, just wanted to see If I can get 10th Ranking on both ODI and Test matches and still get coaching job :D

I guess time to climb back up. :)

Attachments

• lowest world rating -1.png
    lowest world rating -1.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 19
  • lowest world rating -2.png
    lowest world rating -2.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 12

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Very close match here. Won with 3 overs remaining. Taylor completely ripped through their order with 6/80. A few real stand out performances in this match. Mitchell's pair of centuries, Snow's 8/81 with the new ball (Yeah, what about that Chewie :p) and Taylors 6 wickets.

worcsves.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread