Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hah, nice one :thumbs

Played a similar game recently. Lost the toss and the WI put me on a a dodgy pitch, with overcast conditions. All out for 137.

Thankfully, the conditions remain the same and I get them on 96/5 by stumps on Day 1. Gayle plays a cracker though, and they eventually finish on 198 all out. Just after lunch.

Things start smoothly, close the lead without a wicket falling. But then a major collapse happens, and I finish on 217 all out. WI need just 157 to win. Things start smoothly - 56/4 at one stage. But then a 80-odd partnership between Chanderpaul and Bravo threatens to close the game. Out of no where, Chanderpaul goes for a big haul and gets caught at mid-wicket. Next over, Bravo takes a bouncer to the head and has to walk off. Wickets start to fall again, but so do the runs left. Take the last wicket with WI still needing 2 runs.

What a win :D

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Argh!! :mad

What a piss take. I only needed 1 run from my second innings to win the match. Got about 1 and a half session to do it in. But guess what? The rain comes in, hard. Umpires decide no play can be resumed and the match is declared a draw.

89729d1319139146-discuss-all-your-great-wins-losses-draws-here-piss-take.png

Attachments

• piss take.png
    piss take.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 100

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : 2046 season

hmm....Nice comeback from my team here. After being bowled out for just 160 and conceeding a 104 run lead, I thought it would be difficult to stage a comeback against a quality bowling side. But with lots of time remaining in the match, my batsmen rose to the occassion :D...1 double & 2 centuries [ including one from skipper Dobson (100*) ]

Set them a target of 440 on the final day. Thought it was heading for a draw as only 2 wkts fell in the first session. But my bowlers McBain & Fessey used the deteriorating conditions well and bowled them out with 68 minutes still left.

jacobfelix

International Coach
What a disaster. :noway After starting off my 2047 season with 2 wins each in the CC & CT, crashed to my lowest total in 41 seasons. Needing 232 to win in more than 4 sessions, the Worcs seamers ripped through my batting lineup as my team crashed to 64 allout. :noway

Looks like the boys were too complacent. This defeat serves them right. :mad :D

vorgaphe

Club Cricketer
Best draw of my life today. (I was England)
Started of with a sub-par score on a batting paradise, managing only 252. Then India put on a good opening partnership looking like posting 400 plus before I bring on a part time spinner who picks up three quick wickets (Moss). We then tear into their long tale which is full of debutants reducing their lead to only 36 runs. We then struck back with a good 309 in our second innings confident that we could possibly get something out of this. India start well again at get to the point where they only need 50 runs to win with 4 wickets still in hand with two set batsmen at the crease. Before Copperfield took a double wicket maiden and turned the game on its head. We took one more wicket before getting to the point where they needed 5 to win with one wicket in hand. They scored a 4 before their last batsmen got out making it a tie. :D

vorgaphe

----------

Greatesttie.png picture by vorgaphe - Photobucket

jacobfelix

International Coach
Icc 2006 : 2047 season

Rare Occurance :

Look at the score. :lol Here was a match where both teams were bowled out for the same score in both innings ( 238 & 233 )...Quite a rare occurance.

Summary :

After getting a 5 run first innings lead my team started off well to make 68 for no loss when their bowlers started striking at regular intervals to have my team at 125/6. At this stage, my keeper & bowlers somehow pushed the score around to be allout for 238 again.

Needing 244 to win in a little over 3 sessions, Essex slumped to 40/3 by the end of Day 3.

But on Day 4, their overnight batsmen Pretorius-Agee put on 72 for the 4th wkt & brought them back into the game. But 2 wkts within 2 runs & they slipped to 114/5. But again a 62 partnership between Treanor-Moriarty gave them some hope when Lee got rid of Moriarty(35) to have them at 176/6. 9 runs later my spinner Zia got rid of their paceman Prosser. 185/7.

Here a sudden quick partnership of 39 moved the score onto 224. With only 20 to win ; 3 of their wkts in hand & my spinners not able to get wickets.....in a last throw of dice, I brought back my fiery paceman Harry Lee and he didnt disappoint. First he bowled out Treanor. 224/8. 5 runs later he went through Coates who had made a quick 31. 229/9.

With 15 required to win & with a wkt in hand...the last pair took 4 singles...before Lee got the edge of No. 11 Bryne. :clap

A match where fortunes fluctated for both sides before my team won by just 10 runs. A tight game indeed! :cheers

Crucial Aspect :

Essex went in without their keeper. So their opener Stott kept wickets and overall he conceeded 59 byes which really was costly & crucial.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Have to say that this is probably the tightest and best win of my career. Batted first and after a good 75 run opening stand between Rahim (he bats well opening :p) and Iqbal, we soon fell to 3/107, Rahim, Iqbal and Naz all out for 25, 54 and 10 respectively. Fazal soon followed for 14 before Nazimuddin and Reza both batted well with Hom to get us to 6/234, Nazi with 8 off 30 and Reza with 19 off 54. Hom brought up his century before India took the new ball and got him out straight away. The final 4 wickets only brought 11 runs though which was pretty disappointing as we were bowled out for 245.

We were really doing well with the ball having them at 5/84. Kohli and Ananthpadmanabhan (WTF!!!) put on a 117 run partnership though to get India out of trouble before Shuvo and Haque took the big wickets in quick succession as they were out for 74 and 52 respectively. We should have had the wickets shortly after but Chawla and Kulkarni put on a 90 run partnership before Haque and Shuvo finally dismissed the tail to bowl them out for 312, and they had a 67 run lead.

We lost Iqbal and Naz early but Rahim and Hom put on a strong partnership before Rahim went for 44. Hom couldn't make it two centuries in a match as he was dismissed for 87. Fazal and Nazimuddin added crucial runs in a 56 run partnership as Fazal made 63, Nazimuddin 31. Reza, Shuvo and Mahmud made starts to get us to a decent total of 295 but it was going to be hard to defend that.

India needed 229 runs to win from 5 sessions with rain expected Day 5 but it should have still been an easy win for them. Rahane and Jedhe really put our chances of winning next to zero with a slow 74 run partnership so we could only hope for a draw with rain on Day 5 as they batted slowly. Jubair struck 3 times in quick succession though to have them 3/91 from 44 overs. Mukund and Kohli again rebuilded while rain came down for a little over a while in Session 1 and again in Session 2 on Day 5. Jubair finally got the breakthrough, getting Mukund out before taking the wicket of Pathak next ball. Shuvo then struck in the next over and they were in a bit of trouble at 6/203. Jubair struck twice more over the next few overs and they needed 16 runs in the final session with 2 wickets in hand. The rain came down again though as they had about half an hour (ending up to be 9 overs) to secure a result. They seemed to have the result in the bag when they needed 4 runs to win with still 2 wickets in hand and 3 overs. A maiden from Shuvo though put us back in a chance of taking a draw though before Jubair bowled a wicket maiden and they needed 4 runs to win off 1 over with 1 wicket remaining. Chawla was on strike on 16*. Shuvo bowled 4 dot balls in a row though and the game was really there for the taking for either side. He edged the next ball straight through to Fazal at slip in his second test match and he made no mistake with the catch, as we won by 3 runs with only one ball remaining.

indvban.jpg

ind2x.jpg

6ry4nj

International Coach
Ananthpadmanabhan

They didn't make this up. Cricinfo has a KN Ananthapadmanabhan who played for Kerala from 1988 to 2005. Btw, KN stands for Karumanaseri Narayanaiyer...

Sometimes it's lucky that ICC doesn't have a given name generator!?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Haha, they should though. I get bored of having single letter names and I can't be bothered editing every name so they all do.

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC 06 : 2047 season - Playing as Surrey

On first sight this may look as though an easiest win ( by 8 wkts ) but I had to fight hard :D for that win. Already having lost to Hants in our previous CC encounter, I was a bit apprehensive going into this match & true to that, by end of Day 2, I had conceeded a 102 run lead & was on the backfoot.

But on Day 3, my bowlers struck at regular intervals to bowl them out for 169 before tea. Needing 272 to win in a little over 4 sessions...it was tough ask, especially against their pace quartet. But openers McDonald-Gow themselves put on 199 for the first wkt which made it look an easy win in the end.

Yet again, the AI goofed up with the Man of the Match award

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Speaking of ICC stuffing up MOTM awards, just started a save with Notts in ICC10 and in my second CT game, Hashim Amla scored 99* off 59 balls to get us to a 5 wicket win. Instead, the MOTM award goes to Michael Carberry who scored 103 off 110 balls. Yeah, he may have scored a century but he faced twice a many balls, got out and was on the losing side, 3 of the most important things when deciding a MOTM award.

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC06 : 2047 season

This match was seemingly headed for a draw what with rain,bad light stoppages....and by the time I declared with a 12 run lead it was end of Day 3.

Poor Worcs :lol....All they had to do was...bat a couple of sessions on Day 4 & settle for a draw. But in a dramatic 4th day....Worcs lost 9 wkts itself :lol in the first session to slip to 98/9 & got bowled out after lunch....Poor Anderson....All his hard work in the first 4 sessions of the match was ruined in a session of bad batting on Day 4. :D

Anyway, Revenge is sweet :clap....In my previous CC encounter against Worcs, they had my team bowled out for 64, chasing 232 ( see Page 67 of this thread )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread