Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well not my best win but still a pleasing win. After a 142 run opening stand, we looked out of it but my opening batsman who hadn't taken a wicket before this season, Matthew Wood (took 3/41 and 1/45 in the first FC match) came on and took 4/51 from his 8 overs while Phil O'Toole, my youth bowler bowled pretty well as well dismissing van Jaarsveld for a duck in his spell of 1/47 from 8 overs. Paul Franks then came on to clean up the lower order to have them bowled out for 230, with Jones and Mahmood adding some crucial runs for Kent.

Wood who had been largely inconsistent with the bat this season, with a century and fifty in 7 FC innings along with a 44 along with a couple of starts, and a couple of starts in OD this season with a 40 and 25 was dismissed early for 1. Wickets then fell at regular intervals as Hales continued to lose partners, Amla (23), Wagh (12), Edwards (27), Read (16) and Franks (0) as we fell to 6/130 and in deep trouble. Our youth bowler, Phil O'Toole joined him at the crease who had shown glimpses of quality with the bat before hand with a 15* in the previous FC match and another 17 in FC cricket and a 16 in OD cricket. The two put on a decent 37 run partnership before Alex Hales was dismissed for 64 and at 7/167 and without a known batsman, we thought it was all over. The RRR was not overly high though and O'Toole and Adams continued at a decent rate before it looked like it was getting out of hand, before we managed 19 in 2 overs (34th and 35th) to get back on track. 17 runs came off the next 3 overs, giving us 5 to win off the last 2 overs and we managed to do that with two balls to spare, O'Toole finishing 47* (53) after having scored only about 2 of the last 12 runs while Adams finished 34* off 44 deliveries.

kentvnotts.jpg

nottsr.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I've got to say. Incredible comeback. After being rolled for 155 in reply to their 242, and then Durham scoring 346 in their second innings, thought I had no chance. But first of all, Matthew Wood!! 9 wickets in the match for an opening batsman who hadn't bowled before this season, backing up 4 wickets in the OD match. Bowling match form only 85% :/ How good is this guy :p

Anyway, chasing 434 in 4 sessions was a tough ask, especially when you fall to 2/45. But Mark Wagh just batted and batted, putting on a 74 run partnership with Amla before Amla fell for 54 and then he made 100 run partnerships with Brown (43/100 runs), Read (37/101) before putting on an unbeaten 114 run patnership with Franks to get us over the line, Wagh finishing 202*, farming the strike a bit at the end to get there :p while Franks finished 39* as he won by 5 wickets with about half a session to spare.

Got to work on my first innings performances though, only 7 batting points in 4 matches, only Lancashire in last place with less than that with 6 while the next worst is 11. And we have tied least bowling points with 11 although that's only one less than normal, although 5/8 other teams have played more than 4 games, with Essex having played 6.

greatwini.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well Kent will have learnt not to declare with 90 minutes remaining with 200 runs to win :p

Decided to go all out and it came off, Wood hitting a tremendous 94 off 55 balls while Brown and Wagh batted superbly as well to get us over the line with an over and 4 balls to spare. Kent must be tired of throwing away matches against us after that OD match earlier :p

greatchase.jpg

kentvnotts.jpg

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I just had this remarkable victory. I sent England in and they made 306 for 4 off their 50 overs, which included a 232 run opening partnership. In that 306 Lowther and Vettori bowled their 20 overs of spin for 79 runs between them, while my pace bowlers took an absolute hammering with all four of them operating at over 7.2 runs an over.

In the chase we were in pretty good shape at 122 for 1, with Oram and McCullum both having posted quickfire half centuries, but we then fell apart stumbling to 144 for 5 and 237 for 7. At that stage Lowther was joined at the wicket by Vettori (the two bowling heroes), and Lowther 83 off 64 and Vettori 35 off 23 took us home with seven balls to spare.

In 44 Tests Weekes (26 years old) astonishingly still averages over 60, but his runs per match has just dropped below 100 for the first time in his career. The next best current Test batsman is Jacob Oram, who in 67 Tests averages 54.

In 68 ODIs Lowther (25 years old) remarkably averages 50 with the bat and 20 with the ball. He's inside the top seven in both ODI batting and ODI bowling, and ninth in Test bowling. His Test batting has been pretty disappointing though.

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : 2047 season : Playing as Surrey

Superlative Innings from Charles Ewing :cheers

Pro-League game. In fact, this is not regarding a great win :D but a Great innings.

This was an inconsequential game for me as already I am assured of a title with 7 wins from 7 games. In the last game, set Notts a target of 265 from 40 overs.

Right from the beginning it was opener Ewing getting the runs with the other batsmen struggling for runs and getting out. At 133/8 in 26 overs, with Ewing on some 80 or so....he went hammer and tongs at my bowling to finish at 163 n.o.... :eek:

Surely if the top order had stayed with him...maybe they could have scaled the target.....Only 67 runs from the other end..... :rolleyes

[ Incidentally, Ewing goes for England duty ]

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
In fact, I dont know how the AI does it....when Notts were 133/8, this guy Ewing kept most of the strike and did most of the scoring....I had a spreadout field for him...he used to take either 2 or 4 of the first 4 balls...then a single off the 5th or 6th....This way he scored about 83 :D in that last 97 runs.....

As I told , I dont know how the AI does it....if we try that[blocking tail] our batsman will give 4-5 dot balls :D and then a single...

And with that guy hitting like anything....under pressure, I even forgot to bring the fielders in :D....for the 5th or 6th ball to prevent a single... :rolleyes

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
fried chicken yeah!! :D

After an endless display of batting failures, I just completed the biggest and most successful chase in history!! Set a total of 560 on a crumbling pitch. Just 4 sessions and a bit to chase it in. Finished with 40 mins and 6 wickets to spare.

recordchase.jpg

recordscorecard.jpg

partnership.jpg

younus.jpg

afridi.jpg

Last edited:

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
I just had this remarkable victory. I sent England in and they made 306 for 4 off their 50 overs, which included a 232 run opening partnership. In that 306 Lowther and Vettori bowled their 20 overs of spin for 79 runs between them, while my pace bowlers took an absolute hammering with all four of them operating at over 7.2 runs an over.

In the chase we were in pretty good shape at 122 for 1, with Oram and McCullum both having posted quickfire half centuries, but we then fell apart stumbling to 144 for 5 and 237 for 7. At that stage Lowther was joined at the wicket by Vettori (the two bowling heroes), and Lowther 83 off 64 and Vettori 35 off 23 took us home with seven balls to spare.

In 44 Tests Weekes (26 years old) astonishingly still averages over 60, but his runs per match has just dropped below 100 for the first time in his career. The next best current Test batsman is Jacob Oram, who in 67 Tests averages 54.

In 68 ODIs Lowther (25 years old) remarkably averages 50 with the bat and 20 with the ball. He's inside the top seven in both ODI batting and ODI bowling, and ninth in Test bowling. His Test batting has been pretty disappointing though.
I do not mean to sound like a dick but it is hard to label any of that remarkable when playing on easy difficulty.

After an endless display of batting failures, I just completed the biggest and most successful chase in history!! Set a total of 560 on a crumbling pitch. Just 4 sessions and a bit to chase it in. Finished with 40 mins and 6 wickets to spare.
That is a sick chase well done.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I do not mean to sound like a dick but it is hard to label any of that remarkable when playing on easy difficulty.

Fair enough. But tbh I think most people would agree with me in saying that playing New Zealand on normal is a waste of time more than anything if you're just looking to have a bit of fun, because it takes years and years before you can be competitive.

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
This is utter madness, possibly the greatest tie ever. I obv got cleaned up first time around and then they only a single needed from the last over and he bowls a maiden :eek:

EDIT: Just noticed that from the image you cannot tell if I am batting or bowling - I am most definitely bowling :P

Attachments

• maiden_last_over to_tie.JPG
    maiden_last_over to_tie.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 37

lancashire666

International Coach
This is utter madness, possibly the greatest tie ever. I obv got cleaned up first time around and then they only a single needed from the last over and he bowls a maiden :eek:

EDIT: Just noticed that from the image you cannot tell if I am batting or bowling - I am most definitely bowling :P

There wasnt even a stroke offered on the last ball :p

That looks a little suspect, maybe the ICC should launch an investigation :spy

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
There wasnt even a stroke offered on the last ball :p

That looks a little suspect, maybe the ICC should launch an investigation :spy
Yea it is seriously messed up aye. For the last over I used full agression, full length & outside off with the most aggressive offside default field.

jacobfelix

International Coach
2048 season : Playing as Surrey

On first look it might look an easy win. But it was not to be as considering the fact that the match was clearly headed for a draw because of bad light & rain stoppages.

By the end of Day3, my team had got a slender 13 run lead. All Somerset had to do on Day4 was bat sensibly for 2 sessions and probably match would have headed for a draw. But my bowlers did extremely well, as from 91/1 they slipped to 172 allout....some 45 minutes before tea.

159 target in about 40 overs. Easy I thought. But when my team slipped to 21/3 and then to 49/4 :eek: .....I even entertained thoughts of closing down the shutters. :D But somewhat with 2 of my last recognized aggressive batsman at the crease...I decided to chase that remaining 110 in the last hour. And true to that...P.Steed-J.Treanor did the exceptional by scaling down the target with 8 balls to spare !!! [However if anyone of these had got out I would have closed shop...but these guys went on & on ]

Happy with this win as it came against Somerset who are the title holders as well as they are the team at the top of the table with 5 wins from 5 games this season. And out of 7 games this was only my 3rd win this season.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Sri Lanka vs England: When we bowled Sri Lanka out for 272, I was probably a bit cocky thinking we were going to thump them. I preceded to get all out for 248, trailing by 24 runs. Sangakkara, Vandort and Samaraweera came out guns blazing, and we eventually got them all out for 345, Adil Rashid effecting a batting collapse finishing with 6/99. 369 required in under 4 sessions. Not too hard, even with 4 of my top six being defensive batsmen. Strauss came out swinging while Cook played a controlled innings. Cook got out and in came Pietersen who went pretty quickly. In came a young gun Kevin Hodgson, who played an extremely controlled innings. Strauss got out for 104 and it was 3/180. Then Hodgson (56) and Fry (49) got out in quick succession for it to be 5/257, still needing 113 runs for victory. When Mustard got out at 6/312, and Rashid pretty quickly as well, we started to panic. Plunkett stayed in with Flintoff (68 off 161), but when Freddie got out, we were 8/366. Two true tailenders in, 4 runs left. Plunkett left at 9/367. With two singles at the end of the over, Anderson batting, Murali bowling, 1 run needed, 1 wicket needed. 1st ball...Anderson bowled. A tie. This is probably my best game.

Attachments

• SL vs ENG tie 1.png
    SL vs ENG tie 1.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 9
  • SL vs ENG tie 2.png
    SL vs ENG tie 2.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread