Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ICC2006 : 2048 season - Playing as Surrey

Pro-League game :

Sometimes the AI in this game is so stupid :mad....this match is the best example :rolleyes wherein Notts should have won it quite convincingly but they snatched a one run defeat.

Electing to bat, my team Surrey recovered from 46/3 to reach 212/5.

Notts started their runchase with a bang courtesy Ewing and put on 92 for the first wkt in just 19 overs and then when their second wicket fell at 169 in 33 overs...all they needed was 44 in the last 7 with 8 wkts in hand.

Instead of finishing the match.... at this stage with the required RR at about 6 per over.... I think, suddenly the AI dropped its aggression. :rolleyes With a slightly spreadout field, boundaries dried up & they made it 18 of the last 2 overs & 11 of the last :rolleyes......& to snatch a 1 run defeat :rolleyes.....Who cares :D....I held my nerve :p to snatch a win from jaws of defeat.....

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably the best powerplay performance in a T20 for me.

attachment.php

And then the 200 runs opening stand in the same inning! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 97

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And 236/0 it is after 20 overs! Wow! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 93

jacobfelix

International Coach
2048 season :

Pro-League game - Another one run win :rolleyes

Just a couple of posts back I had mentioned about the AI's stupidity....Here's another one....Back to back pro-League games wherein my team snatch a 1 run win from a possible defeat. :D

Chasing my 241, Durham were 41/1 in 10 overs. Next 7 overs, Farr-Hollinghurst blasted 67 to take the score onto 108/1 in 17 overs. But they dropped aggression level from hereon.

But still, they were well on course at 154/1 at the end of the 26th over. Though they lost Hollinghurst in the first ball of the 27th over, they made sure that the asking rate was always around 6 an over. Their setbacks came when they had a double blow in the 34th & then in the 37th over. [ 221/6 in 37 overs ]

With all batsmen gone, it was upto the bowlers to get 21 runs from the last 3. Nine runs came from Smith's over. Six came from Fry's over which meant 6 from the last over.

Allrounder Smith had been expensive. So in a last throw of dice, I handed over the bowling to my skipper Dobson - a part time spinner.....the single saving field worked immensely, as they could take only 4 singles off the first 5 balls.

In fact, they required a single off the last ball to tie the game.....I moved the fielders still further in to put pressure :D on 35 year old paceman Castle who just pushed it to backward squareleg fielder and stood there like an idiot :p to wrap up a thrilling 1 run win for me.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC 2006 : 2048 season

CHALLENGE TROPHY FINAL

Another thriller....and that too the Challenge Trophy final :thumbs...If this thing continues, I am going to die of a massive heart attack :p by the time this season ends. So many close games.

Being put into bat, my team Surrey were off to a superlative start at the 30 over mark with 155 on the board for 3 wkts. But slipped to 198 for 6 by the 37th. Somehow, allrounder R.Fry along with the tail pushed it to 256/9 in the allotted 50 overs. The last wkt partnership of 13 certainly looks crucial now.

However, Lancs started off the chase pretty well by putting on 71 for the opening wkt in 18.1 overs. But the next 19 overs set them on course for a win as they moved onto 175/2 by the end of 37 overs with Pakistani opener T.Bari blazing away to a century. With 82 required from 13 overs, suddenly Bari slowed down and so did new batsman C.Liddell ( 6 off 21 ). Next 5 overs yielded only 20 runs as they made it -

62 from 8 [ Liddell fell ]
52 from 7
44 from 6
35 from 5
31 from 4 [ Green & Swann fell to Smith]
27 from 3 :thumbs
16 from 2 :eek:
And finally, 10 off the last over with 5 wkts in hand.

Certainly, I was a nervous wreck :p in all these overs.

Allrounder Smith conceeded a single each of the first 2 balls.
Then Zia flicked the 3rd one around for a couple.
With six required off 3, Smith cleaned up Zia.
5th ball Lang survived an lbw shout...but who cares....this was a dot ball.
With 6 needed off the last ball, :D Lang pushed it only for a single to signal my 6th consecutive Challenge Trophy triumph :thumbs as Bari watched all this drama from the other end. :p

Poor T.Bari. Was unbeaten on 140 off 149. The rest ruined it completely.

Last edited:

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Had a great win on ICC2011. Playing my 1st season as Worcestershire, I came up against Kent in a Challenge Trophy Group A clash. I called correctly at the toss and decided to have a bat. Going along nicely until the 30th over where I decided to up my batsmens attack in order to get quick runs before the innings ended, but ended up losing a quick flury of wickets and finish on 198 all out of 38.3 overs.
In Kent's reply, I picked up wickets early at consistent intervals, having them 100/5 after 25 overs. I then claimed another 2 wickets in 2 overs from Alan Richardson and Damien Wright who both went onto finish with 3 wickets each. After that, I got a little confident and threw the ball to Moeen Ali and Vikram Solanki for some spin. Big mistake, they both got tonked all over the place and suddenly Kent need 16 of the last 3 overs with 3 wickets left. So in the 38th over, I bring back Richard Jones. It imediately pays off as he claims a wicket and only goes for 3 runs so 13 of 12 needed. Matt Mason in the 39th over claims another wicket but goes for 7 runs, it's 6 off 6! The last over is a tense one, with me needing either a wicket or a tight over to wrap up the win:

39.1: Played and Missed
39.2: 1 run
39.3: Dropped Catch!!!(Could've killed my keeper at this point!)
39.4: 2 runs (3 needed to win, 2 to tie)
39.5: 1 run (2 to win, 1 to tie)
39.6: Clean Bowled.

I won the match by 1 run. Incredible game. Easily the best i've had on ICC so far :)

DR_DEATH

School Cricketer
This fixture is from my Queensland game in 2030.
We qualify for 4day final, which is a 5day match, a distant second behind NSW so we head into the match as underdogs.

We are asked to bowl and surprise everyone my skittling the much vaunted NSW batting list for a mere 96. We then respond with a solid 326 all out - a lead of 230. Have a look at what happened next. Some saying about cricket being a funny game springs to mind.

Attachments

• pwned.JPG
    pwned.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 20

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006 : 2050 season

Pro-League game

Pooh....First Pro-League game of this season and that too against current champs Durham & Probably this has got to be my WORST EVER defeats in the history of me playing this game. :p

Being put into bat on a bowler friendly track, heavy cloud cover...Indian seamer N.Jain ripped through my batting as he got all the first 6 wkts to have my team at 30/6 & later the rest of them cleaned up the tail. :(

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Had an incredible online game with me (Delhi) vs this guy who I absolutely thrashed. Sorry if you are that guy and happen to be on PC. Sehwag scored a century in only 34 balls (That was for you Yudi :p).

hNT3u.jpg

My batting
IWX5k.jpg

His batting
NHEZ8.png

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How on earth did you manage to score 274 in 20 overs? Thats well over 10 p/over!!!

His bowlers weren't the best and he had aggressive fields until about the 10th over when he asked me for tips for bowling better. After he lost a wicket early he gave up his chase and played defensive (even though he said his batsmen were on the third level of aggression). And the best I scored before this in online was 202-7 that same day.

Heggarty

School Cricketer
This is my craziest ever win. (I still play ICC06)

Just to set the scene I am playing as Zimbabwe, have lost the last 10 or so tests. I am playing England, they make 513 in the first innings and I make 278, meaning I have to follow on. I do ok in the second innings and make 345. England only need 111 to win, and they are 0-41. I get 3 wickets and now have them 3-83, then I dunno something crazy happened and my bowlers just started getting wickets. We got the next 6 (england had a retired hurt batsmen) for just 25 runs. Honestly never had a weirder and more exciting win.

Attachments

• zim1.jpg
    zim1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 30
  • zim3.jpg
    zim3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Thought I managed to lose this for all money but Katich pulled it off, batting out 330 balls, and 399 minutes, and protecting Siddle and Hilfenhaus from a lot of the strike, selflessly playing for the team and not caring about his century, and it paid off as the series remained level going into the third test.

Hussey's having a very impressive ashes, scoring 5 and 94 in the first test and 119 and 76 in the second.

AUSvENG_zpscbf70d66.png

AUSvENG2ndTest_zps77c80daf.png

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ben Hilfenhaus pulls off an incredible over, taking 3 wickets to seal a 3 run win. Hilfenhaus' 3/46 and Hauritz's 3/49 allowed Australia to tie the series at 3-3, after being 2-0 and 3-1 down. Butterworth and Watson were impressive with 0/38 (10) and 2/57 (9) respectively. Harris was expensive with 1/40 (6) but took the big wicket of Prior. Johnson however was disappointing, with 0/32 from 3.

Our batting wasn't the best but 3 partnerships helped, Watson (59) and Klinger (38) putting on 98 for the opening stand, Clarke (48) and Dussey (24) with 69 for the 4th wicket partnership and an unbeaten partnership of 74 from Butterworth (38*) and Johnson (36*), including 53 runs off the last 7 overs. It will be a thrilling finale.

AUSvENG6thODI_zps5580c0bf.png

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
We threw this Test away. We needed only like 80 runs in the last session with 9 wickets in hand, and the middle order just capitulated. In the end my number 11 hit a 4 off the last ball to tie the scores.

Zimwtf_zps39a76e90.png

Following that Test we played out two back-to-back one wicket thrillers, and Hondo who hit the 4 in the Test to tie the scores hit the winning runs in the last over in both matches.

ZimCloseWins_zps456f3a78.png

Users who are viewing this thread