1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Discussion in 'Cricket Captain Forum' started by langerrox, Jan 6, 2006.

1. jacobfelix International Coach

jacobfelix
    National Team:
    India
    Domestic Team:
    Karnataka,RCB
    ICC2006 : 2050 season

Pro-League game

Pooh....First Pro-League game of this season and that too against current champs Durham & Probably this has got to be my WORST EVER defeats in the history of me playing this game. :p

Being put into bat on a bowler friendly track, heavy cloud cover...Indian seamer N.Jain ripped through my batting as he got all the first 6 wkts to have my team at 30/6 & later the rest of them cleaned up the tail. :(

[​IMG]

2. 1iram1 Club Captain

1iram1
    National Team:
    Bangladesh
    Had an incredible online game with me (Delhi) vs this guy who I absolutely thrashed. Sorry if you are that guy and happen to be on PC. Sehwag scored a century in only 34 balls (That was for you Yudi :p).

[​IMG]

My batting
    [​IMG]

His batting
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Watson33 Club Cricketer

Watson33
    National Team:
    England
    Domestic Team:
    Worcestershire
    How on earth did you manage to score 274 in 20 overs? Thats well over 10 p/over!!!

4. 1iram1 Club Captain

1iram1
    National Team:
    Bangladesh
    His bowlers weren't the best and he had aggressive fields until about the 10th over when he asked me for tips for bowling better. After he lost a wicket early he gave up his chase and played defensive (even though he said his batsmen were on the third level of aggression). And the best I scored before this in online was 202-7 that same day.

5. Heggarty School Cricketer

National Team:
    zimbabwe
    This is my craziest ever win. (I still play ICC06)

Just to set the scene I am playing as Zimbabwe, have lost the last 10 or so tests. I am playing England, they make 513 in the first innings and I make 278, meaning I have to follow on. I do ok in the second innings and make 345. England only need 111 to win, and they are 0-41. I get 3 wickets and now have them 3-83, then I dunno something crazy happened and my bowlers just started getting wickets. We got the next 6 (england had a retired hurt batsmen) for just 25 runs. Honestly never had a weirder and more exciting win.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. hedger_14 Chairman of Selectors

hedger_14
    AKA:
    Brendon
    National Team:
    South Africa, Netherlands
    Domestic Team:
    Man Utd, NSW & Manly
    Thought I managed to lose this for all money but Katich pulled it off, batting out 330 balls, and 399 minutes, and protecting Siddle and Hilfenhaus from a lot of the strike, selflessly playing for the team and not caring about his century, and it paid off as the series remained level going into the third test.

Hussey's having a very impressive ashes, scoring 5 and 94 in the first test and 119 and 76 in the second.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hedger_14 Chairman of Selectors

hedger_14
    AKA:
    Brendon
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Man Utd, NSW & Manly
    Ben Hilfenhaus pulls off an incredible over, taking 3 wickets to seal a 3 run win. Hilfenhaus' 3/46 and Hauritz's 3/49 allowed Australia to tie the series at 3-3, after being 2-0 and 3-1 down. Butterworth and Watson were impressive with 0/38 (10) and 2/57 (9) respectively. Harris was expensive with 1/40 (6) but took the big wicket of Prior. Johnson however was disappointing, with 0/32 from 3.

Our batting wasn't the best but 3 partnerships helped, Watson (59) and Klinger (38) putting on 98 for the opening stand, Clarke (48) and Dussey (24) with 69 for the 4th wicket partnership and an unbeaten partnership of 74 from Butterworth (38*) and Johnson (36*), including 53 runs off the last 7 overs. It will be a thrilling finale.

[​IMG]

8. CG123 Chairman of Selectors

CG123
    AKA:
    Callum
    National Team:
    New Zealand
    Domestic Team:
    Auckland Aces
    We threw this Test away. We needed only like 80 runs in the last session with 9 wickets in hand, and the middle order just capitulated. In the end my number 11 hit a 4 off the last ball to tie the scores.

[​IMG]

Following that Test we played out two back-to-back one wicket thrillers, and Hondo who hit the 4 in the Test to tie the scores hit the winning runs in the last over in both matches.

[​IMG]

9. Aislabie Custodian of the MCC Snuffbox

Aislabie
    PlanetCricket Award Winner Ireland
    So I've been playing ICC 2012 as Lancashire, who have a fearsome bowling line-up that includes Anderson, Chapple, Hogg, Mahmood, Shahzad, Keedy, Kerrigan and Parry. Naturally, I tried to include all of them in the same team, and a few of them are competent enough with the bat to constitute a respectable batting order.

Code:
    Cambridge UCCE v Lancashire
    University Match - 6 Apr 2012

Lancashire - 1st Innings
    ----------------------------------------------
    P Horton        b Adam                    18
    J Benning       c Perham b Coleman        56
    A Shahzad       lbw b Coleman             268
    G Cross         b Adam                    15
    K Hogg          c Swann b Adam            0
    G Chapple       lbw b Coleman             29
    S Mahmood       lbw b Perham              49
    S Parry         lbw b Coleman             90
    G Keedy         not out                   12
    S Kerrigan      b Knowles                 5
    J Anderson      not out                   7
    Extras: (nb15,w4,lb2)                     21
    TOTAL: (9 wkts, 148 overs)                570

O       M       R       W
    H Adam          40      3       142     3
    T Perham        35      1       151     1
    C Coleman       36      3       141     4
    M Donald        24      3       90      0
    G Friend        9       0       37      0
    J Knowles       4       1       7       1
    Fall of Wickets:
    1-31  2-131  3-153  4-153  5-238  
    6-328  7-545  8-546  9-556  

Match Drawn
    Man of the match: A Shahzad

As you can see, Ajmal Shahzad has been the stand-out with the bat out of that bunch, and he's been decent with the ball too. Saj Mahmood turned out to be pretty chronic, though, so he got dropped pretty soon after this Uni game. Anderson was the next worst of my seamers, but England wanted him too, conveniently enough.

10. Aislabie Custodian of the MCC Snuffbox

Aislabie
    So I was playing ICC as Bangladesh, and I've found that the best way to select a side for them is to just pick the 11 best batsmen and use the spinners accordingly. This usually means Shakib and Mahmudullah bowling near-enough unchanged through the game, which is an impressive workload coupled with their duties at numbers three and four in the batting order. On this occasion, seven Bangladeshi batsmen passed fifty: Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Mehrab Hossain, Mohammad Ashraful, and - of course - Shakib Al Hasan.

With an innings of 346 not out, from 671 deliveries, including 41 fours and three sixes, followed by bowling figures of 38.5-5-91-6 and 48.4-11-98-6, I think this one might go down as Shakib's Match.

Temp.png

Side-note: The SA-Zimbabwe game was a low-scoring thriller as well.

11. Aislabie Custodian of the MCC Snuffbox

Aislabie
    Two successive(ish) games as Sussex in a recent save.

First off was this remarkable one-dayer, dominated by Graham Onions:
    ICC1.png

Then, a few minutes later, I pick a side that's pretty heavy on all-rounders and this happens:
    ICC2.png
    The ninth wicket partnership was worth 332.

Also, Joe Gatting is immense for me in this save.

12. hedger_14 Chairman of Selectors

hedger_14
    AKA:
    Brendon
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Man Utd, NSW & Manly
    Not sure what's going on. I got bored so decided.... to pick a team full of Hossain's. Thought my bowling would be okay and my batting would be terrible, then somehow my batsmen score more than what the Bangladesh team had ever done over the past year.... Although two centuries from Farhad Hossain (along with 2/92 and 4/74 with the ball) certainly helped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Bilal Sultan School Cricketer

I don't know if this counts coz I have no screenshots to prove it, but a couple of years back I was playing ICC III, and in a world cup game I think, Australia needed 4 off the final over and were 6 down. I was defending around 230 maybe, so Afridi's 0-35 in 5 was expensive but all other bowlers were bowled out, so I gave him a shot and he got 4 wickets in 4 balls!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    I'm playing cricket captain 2016 now with Leicestershire and we have won a couple of games after conceding a first innings lead of more than 100 runs
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    I'll post screenies of the next win:D

14. Aislabie Custodian of the MCC Snuffbox

Aislabie
    upload_2017-2-20_22-4-10.png

So I recently bit the bullet and bought Cricket Captain 2016. One of the players who keeps on giving for me domestically (I'm playing as Chevrolet Warriors, aka Port Elizabeth) is Bjorn Fortuin. Naturally, my first act as national team captain was to give him his Test debut. When batting, he came in at number eight with the side in a decent position and proceeded to flay Test cricket's fourth-fastest 200 while putting on a South African record seventh-wicket partnership of 363 with Temba Bavuma. This also propelled South Africa to their highest ever Test score.

He then also added to this innings match figures of 50-9-149-9, meaning that the difference between his Test batting average and Test bowling average is 220. No prizes for guessing who got Man of the Match.

Currently, after just one Test, Fortuin is ranked above Joe Burns with the bat and above Mohammed Shami with the ball thanks to CC2016's rankings formula. Remarkable scenes.

15. Aislabie Custodian of the MCC Snuffbox

Aislabie
    It doesn't look as if there's anyone around here anymore, but if there is I'd like to share Zubair de Bruyn's 536-ball century as a contender for slowest-ever.

upload_2018-11-8_21-56-30.png

The reason we play like this is because when we're so hopelessly outmatched by our opposition, it's often more effective to set our stall out for the draw.