Dismissal types

shaun1992

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone found that most of your dismissals taken are caught in the field? I've not bowled or got anyone out LBW yet. I play on legend difficulty. Is it that? Or am I just rubbish? Haha

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had a few caught behinds (by wk), bowleds, LBWs, runouts and caught in outfield. Haven't had a catch in slips or a catch to a close-in fielder (silly point etc.) but that's about it.

Sammuthegreat

School Cricketer
Had two catches in the slips (well, one at gully), a load caught behind by the keeper, a fair few clean bowled and a few lbw and caught & bowled. But probably 75% caught in the deep.

RobinHood

Club Cricketer
Interestingly today I got bowled but nothing happened. Nobody appealed or celebrated, and it went down as a dot ball. Wasn't a no-ball either. Funny though.

I keep getting caught chipping it to square leg.

shaun1992

School Cricketer
I'm on about when I'm bowling ... And what level difficulty you going on? Legend? ... I've had on caught by WK, off spinner. The rest all caught in deep. Frustrating really. But wonder if it's because I've not perfected my line and length yet.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It seems to wide-spread for that. I'm bowling outswing and getting a load of play and misses but the edges to the keeper aren't carrying (1/5) and I've had none to or through slip.

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
I've had Caught, LBW, Bowled, Stumped and run-out.

shaun1992

School Cricketer
Also , regarding stumpings .. Are they automated or is there a way you can stump them manually?

Karan Rehani

School Cricketer
Also , regarding stumpings .. Are they automated or is there a way you can stump them manually?

They are automated...
Not quite sure if that's the case if you're playing as a wicket-keeper batsman in career mode.
Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Offie

School Cricketer
As an offie I get a lot caught mid on/off but then I use offspin balanced 2 usually in FC so it lends itself to that.

Get a lot of bowled's too, especially if I flight it up. Reasonably few lbw's but then as the ball doesn't turn visibly it's difficult to get lbw's, as I'm used to pitching it on or outside of off.

Liampollard28

School Cricketer
I often bowl or get people lbw. As a wrist spinner bowling the slider bowl heaps of people

kasabian21

International Coach
I've had: bowled (both cleanly and played on), caught by WK, caught in slips, caught in the outfield, caught and bowled, caught at short-leg, lbw, stumped and run out.

Cross seam is best for edges from my experiences, although I'm crap at bowling with seam bowlers so I stick to spin.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
90% of my wickets in career mode have been either LBW or bowled. I've had only 1 caught in the cordon and only a handful in the deep. I've also had about 3 c&b's.

CallyT

School Cricketer
I bowl with finger spin and would say my wickets are evenly spread between LBW, Bowled and then lastly catches. I had a cracker earlier this evening with an edge to what would be probably 2nd or 3rd slip.

Users who are viewing this thread