Do You Support EA?

Do You Support EA?

• Total voters

nickypoo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When the screenshots and press info was released i liked the sound and look of both games and i was planning to buy them both, despite my disappointment with c2004 which had more bugs than c2002. However when i saw the video for EA, it starts off with the same commentry from Richie Benaud, which was disappointing. However the stadium looks great. Players walk on to the pitch. They look good a bit abnormal with size. The first ball, Pefectly normal delivery should have been an easy take for the keeper. He misses it completely a bug from c2004 still there. What kind of first impression is that and its a bug we can't fix with this excellent team of modders here. Compared to codies starts off with nice graphics great commentry, coin toss, the works. The first ball, CPU bowler bowls good line and length great batsman animation. Realism stands out. At that point I realised EA was the same old story and I lost confidence and realised it was the same old story from c2004 and the latest video didnt show any different. I will only support EA if and when they manage to make a good cricket game not before or not after, maybe if they give us a demo or a video that shows they have done.

Hero

Club Captain
If they implemented all new feature with some sense then this game can beat Brian Lara in many department but still awful commentry will be there.

nickypoo said:
When the screenshots and press info was released i liked the sound and look of both games and i was planning to buy them both, despite my disappointment with c2004 which had more bugs than c2002. However when i saw the video for EA, it starts off with the same commentry from Richie Benaud, which was disappointing. However the stadium looks great. Players walk on to the pitch. They look good a bit abnormal with size. The first ball, Pefectly normal delivery should have been an easy take for the keeper. He misses it completely a bug from c2004 still there. What kind of first impression is that and its a bug we can't fix with this excellent team of modders here. Compared to codies starts off with nice graphics great commentry, coin toss, the works. The first ball, CPU bowler bowls good line and length great batsman animation. Realism stands out. At that point I realised EA was the same old story and I lost confidence and realised it was the same old story from c2004 and the latest video didnt show any different. I will only support EA if and when they manage to make a good cricket game not before or not after, maybe if they give us a demo or a video that shows they have done.

I am eye to eye with you in some departments such as sound etc.But my eyes are seeing some distinct improvements in this game over 2005.As far as first ball bye is concerned if you see it in slow motion then you will see akward bounce of ball which rises so high that it goes over the head of wicket keeper.The running of fielders and batsman is seems to be really improved as now they are not more running in slow motions but only bowler running is slow.

With the inclusion of manual appealing plus dive button adds something to it.Stadiums are looking excellent.If the ai of this game is improved I think people will really enjoy this game.

I think the best strategy for Ea games should be that

Hope for best and prepare for worst.

Ledme

Club Cricketer
short answer...NO! not for cricket games.

i respect them in some departments of their games ie mvp. But really they are just trying to make a profit out of the least possible effort. This is how it looks to me. They created the fifa game engine and modified it and slapped it on to rugby 2004 to make rugby 2005 (which wasn't really much different gameplay wise). Then the lazy buggers took the same graphics engine and dumped it onto cricket 2004. From what i can see EA are either completly ignorant or don't have a clue as to what cricket gamers really want. Good AI and gameplay and no bugs. Cricket 2005 looks like a **** poor atempt to make some easy $$$ off big time suckers or people who think, mabe they will get it right third time, sure they've lied to us on the past cricket game maybe they've changed. Wake up and smell the coffee!!

even though this post is clearly negative and i can say now i am not wasting money on this game, i hope for the "people" who buy this "game" that EA prove me wrong and the end product is half decent.

Asjad

Club Cricketer
well said friend, but to be honest the way things are going, at least i don't see any improvement made on it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread