Answers to Questions to EA Sports Producer Andrew Wilson: Part 2

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
sohummisra said:
And to some of the other negative posts regarding EA, I think you should think outside of your biased vision for a few seconds. EA is not a dumb company. They have leading games in most of the popular sports in the world. They realize the competition from BLIC is heating up. They realize that C2004 had many problems. They will not feed us a sub-standard product, as this is their last chance to claim their market share. And if they do, then long live Codemasters.
You can bet your life I will be quoting you when we finally do find out how badly Cricket 2005 sucks. And I am not saying IF, I am saying WHEN we find out. :)

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
No EA Sports is not a dumb company if they feel that codemasters is becoming too much of a threat they wont bother trying to make their game better they will simply dig deeper into their wallets and buy exclusive rights to ICC,ACB etc,etc meaning if anyone else wants to make a game it will have to be with fake team names and player names etc thus eliminating the competition.

They have already done that with
Nascar
NFL
FIFA
and with NBA and NHL instead of buying exclusive rights they just paid there only competition to come join them.

Rollo

School Cricketer
Whilst everyone is praising codemasters and damning EA, has anyone ever played any of their recent games? I refer to the horrors that they produced in the shape of club football (slow and unstable), EIF (9 weeks for a microscopic patch to allow the game to work on XBOX Live) and LMA Manager (promised online content failed to materialise (apart from premium content we had to pay for)).

I reserve judgement on BLIC but their recent history has not been entirely unblemished.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
BLIC is being made by Swordfish Studios, while Codemaster's other recent releases have been made by different developers.

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
Club football was the worst game i ever paid money for.... i played it once for 15 mins and have never played it again :S

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
club football was a big disaster as for lma i dunno wat happened as it was one of the best around but smhow they managed to screw it

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have enjoyed playing Club Football and LMA Manager is one of the most popular football management games on the market. But this isn't LMA or Club Football, this is BLIC and it's a totally different game. Back on topic please.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
Hero said:
I am eye to eye with you as I think Cricket2005 will be much better than 2004.Let,s wait .

If by any chance C2005 is going to be like C2004, the Id bet my life BLIC will take the market share for cricket games. And i aint hating on EA or C2005, I just want a decent game which i can enjoy. I really hope both of these come out to be far better in their own rights than we all have given credit to them, and we can enjoy both games. But my gut feeling is still with Blic ... and not cuz of the whole list of EA's bad cricket games, but cuz the last game Blic put out, is still my favorite gameplay wise but definitely the graphics are too old now :p

Last edited:

zreh

Club Cricketer
sweet! liscensed(sp?) kits!
hopefully when we create a player they will let you choose the type of bat, pads, gloves, helmets etc...

Users who are viewing this thread