Answers to Questions to EA Sports Producer Andrew Wilson: Part 3

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ZoraxDoom said:
I also agree with them not including D/L, I mean RSA neede 22 of 1 ball 'cause of that.
That wasn't Duckworth/Lewis, that was a thoroughly dis-credited rain rule. In that situation, I seem to recall that D/L would have given a target of 11 runs of 7 balls.

Bala

International Coach
For a change Andrew Wilson's Face is not peering out at us. Thats the best part of the interview..... :D

anmolkapoor

School Cricketer
Good job there people

I must say those were pretty good questions . Bravo to all of you out there . Well the answers to most of them were plain DENIAL but yeah nice Qs this time around . I would certainly like to ask him about the yorker IMPLEMENTATION this time coz I really REALLY hated when I used to bowl right in the block hole almost everytime and the batsmen always used to hit me for a six , ALMOST EVERYTIME . I mean really we expect some TIMBER to be disturbed , we want STUMPS broken at times just like Ian Botham broke them when he bowled out Brian Mcmillan in 1992 World Cup , I mean that was a sight . Aaaah well , we keep on saying it , I said this for Cricket 2002 as well , the sweep was way better than a lofted shot of a yorker.
He has mad it clear , EA has made it clear , nothing can happen now , we'll have to wait for the release of the game and probably we can expect our good patchers and creative members to provide us with all the goodies YET AGAIN!

fanirama

Club Captain
Good questions and good answers.

Don't care about D/L. ( I for one don't understand it and don't care about it. )
The way I see it - this game may be missing D/L which is a realistic thing in cricket but could happen in like 1 of 20 games played, however, it has the advance shot which is a realistic cricket shot and is used in like 19/20 or even 20/20 games in real life.

For me, I'm happy that EA chose to produce this game every 1-2 years and kept cricket gaming alive when it could've died 5-6 years ago and people could've still been playing a 6 year old game today not know what could've been.

"So when evaluating which title to buy?we have always stuck by our consumers?now it is their turn to stick by us".

Totally agree. I enjoyed EA Cricket 2004 and I will support EA Cricket 2005 and stand by it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think his concluding statement was extremely corny. They have stuck by their consumers by giving them a game every two years. They have not stuck by their customers--by off-loading the game as soon as it has been released. Some support, at least, is expected. Like in CWC99 where they released two patches after they messed up the initial game.

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
zimrahil said:
I HAVE ALWAYS ENDEAVOURED TO BE HONEST AND DIRECT IN ALL INTERVIEWS THAT I HAVE DONE. AT TIMES, THINGS GET CUT AT THE LAST MINUTE DUE TO TIME CONTRAINTS OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. I ANSWER DIRECTLY EACH AND EVERY TIME?IT IS YOUR CHOICE WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE.
This last sentence shows how bloody arrogant he is. It is OUR fault for believing all the crap that he himself told us before. Nice one.

International Coach
maybe ea will surprise us this time and lets be honest they are the only complany which has come up with cricket games consistently and maybe codemnasters is the one which is taking us for a ride this time.

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
The Bugs

Where there are games there are bugs so dont expect that game without bugs, but even there are bugs i will like to play it. other bugs are not so bad but one bug that is when a player knows how to play shots can hit every ball for a six and four. Is that BUG fixed in 2005 or not i have lot of problems due to this is cricket 2004 ?

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
zimrahil said:
No other company has shown such commitment to the sport of Cricket. So when evaluating which title to buy?we have always stuck by our consumers?now it is their turn to stick by us. [/COLOR]

:crying :crying :crying
so emotional

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
One thing that I would like to share is that we as a team build the best game possible given time, resources and technology. The development team have worked huge days, (many of them 7 days a week), throughout the entire development cycle as a result of the passion they have for the product and their desire to ship the best cricket game ever. I am very proud of what they have been able to achieve. I would challenge anyone to ?walk a mile in their shoes?. At the end of the day, while some issues have been present in years gone by, (as with all games), EA is the only company that has consistently brought Cricket games to the market over the last 8 or so years?even when it did not always make great business sense. When the community said that they liked Brian Lara/Shane Warne Cricket, we did a deal with the man who designed, produced and tuned the game. When the community said that they wanted a game that looked and felt at the same quality level as FIFA, we undertook a complete technology overhaul at great expense. No other company has shown such commitment to the sport of Cricket. So when evaluating which title to buy?we have always stuck by our consumers?now it is their turn to stick by us. [/QUOTE]

Yeah thats great, but at the end of the day Cricket 2004 was released with major bugs which meant the game was unplayable. Some of the bugs was so obvious there is no way they wouldnt have known about them but still released the game anyway took our money and then that was it didnt release any patches nothing. I dont really think that is showing much committment to us, only thing it shows is they chucked out any old crap to make a bit of cash. I still dont get how you work 7 days a week for many hours each day and not fix one of the most obvious errors the runout bug.

Personnally I couldnt careless how many hours the developers worked at producing the game, at the end of the day Im only concerend with the quality of the final product which I spend my hard earned cash on (which I happen to work long hours to get) and Cricket 2004 out of the box was unplayable.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
andrew_nixon said:
That wasn't Duckworth/Lewis, that was a thoroughly dis-credited rain rule. In that situation, I seem to recall that D/L would have given a target of 11 runs of 7 balls.
hmm....he must have been confused like I was...

nikhil_99

International Coach
man.............amazing game play................graphics.what else u need more........these guyz have done a good job by makin us play real cricket on a pc. dudes' if u have guts plz try to plz with me online...and "lets see who wins"...coz......................." THE CHAMP IS HERE"

Users who are viewing this thread