Don Bradman CRICKET 14 Batting/Bowling/Fielding Controls (Updated)

Westindies

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
to play matches in BAC, first we should atleast try to master the nets or else all matches will be a low scoring game :D :D
so its going to be kind of career mode for us :yes :p

rezwannavid

School Cricketer
Who cares about bolwing? :p Its going to be taken care by the autoplay.Batting controls look good :)

Actually with the new style of Bowling, now people will not get bored of doing bowling! So the bowling does matter! Batting is not all in cricket! Nor only the bowling! Cricket 7, AC09 and IC2010 had boring bowling and one-way bowling, so If you keep bowling there no runs will be conceded! With the new techniques, now you have to bowl good deliveries every ball and have to make variable in the bowling! And now the AI is also smart then the previous games! Hope that the bowling plays its part! :)

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Actually with the new style of Bowling, now people will not get bored of doing bowling! So the bowling does matter! Batting is not all in cricket! Nor only the bowling! Cricket 7, AC09 and IC2010 had boring bowling and one-way bowling, so If you keep bowling there no runs will be conceded! With the new techniques, now you have to bowl good deliveries every ball and have to make variable in the bowling! And now the AI is also smart then the previous games! Hope that the bowling plays its part! :)

Maybe,let it come,we need to see it,i can say only with the experience from the past games because i have not missed a single game since Melbourne House Cricket 97.I did play small games before that but they had no bowling option :p

angad

Chairman of Consent

Also good luck bowling every single ball on the rough in this game!! It was super duper easy to bowl each and every delivery exactly where you wanted to in the previous games. In this game if the rough is outside the leg stump, you just might end up bowling a juicy full toss on the legs if you dont time the release right...which will cost you runs. Similarly, the batsman would need to concentrate very hard as even he would not be sure where the ball will land till it actually lands there (well almost)!! This is what we call 'Balance'...and the best part is that this balance comes naturally due to the gameplay mechanics instead of needing to nerf or over-power the different aspects of gameplay!!

Haynes123

Club Captain
at last it seems we will have a cricket that you cannot master in 1 day, it will take a long time to master and really test you skills.

wrick3000

Club Captain
Yes....They are not there!! The game is only playable using a controller!

Hahaha..... That was damn funny.....

----------

do you know about the keyboard (PC) controls?

On a serious note. If BIG ANT CRICKET 2014 implements their Controls to Keyboard (not happening though). Do you really think that you can even ball a good delivery or even hit a six?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Since Mike is watching these forums...I hope he can answer how we can use the crease when bowling. Is it based on the direction we pull the RAS back, i.e. pull it back towards the left and you go wide on the crease.....pull it back towards the right and you bowl close to the stumps???

----------

Also, for fast bowlers, whether you pitch short or full depends on the timing of moving the RAS forward.......but how does it work for the spinners since now the RAS is assigned to choosing the delivery types?

wrick3000

Club Captain
Also, for fast bowlers, whether you pitch short or full depends on the timing of moving the RAS forward.......but how does it work for the spinners since now the RAS is assigned to choosing the delivery types?

I don't understand this part.
Short or Full is predetermined when you start your run up as a fast bowler. The direction in which we will bowl is determined by the way we push the RAS up.
So I think you wanted to ask if the direction is determined by pushing the RAS up then how is that gonna work for Spinners. Right?

angad

Chairman of Consent
I don't understand this part.
Short or Full is predetermined when you start your run up as a fast bowler. The direction in which we will bowl is determined by the way we push the RAS up.
So I think you wanted to ask if the direction is determined by pushing the RAS up then how is that gonna work for Spinners. Right?

At the start of the runup you just choose the target length 'area', i.e. short, good, full. The exact length (I should have said the actual spot where the ball will land) of the ball (within the target length area) is determined by the timing of moving the RAS forward, right?

Now, for spin bowling, we again choose the target length area before the runup. However, since RAS is now linked to the type of delivery, what will determine the exact spot at which the ball will be bowled?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think that will be still determined by LAS. This is how it probably goes

LAS flicked up determines the line..hold it in position and press y,b,a to determine lengths and bowler will start running. Then rotate LAS to determine spin while he is running. Then the bowler gets into his delivery stride. Flick the LAS to time the release and move the right stick to determine different types of delivery like quicker ones, drifting etc.

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
I think that will be still determined by LAS. This is how it probably goes

LAS flicked up determines the line..hold it in position and press y,b,a to determine lengths. Then rotate LAS to determine spin. Then the bowler gets into his delivery stride. Flick the LAS to time the release and move the right stick to determine different types of delivery like quicker ones, drifting etc.

With those controls one would fall into coma after completing just one delivery :p

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Lol, all i did was added an extra LAS flick. Rest is all what mikey confirmed. You should read HIS post again as that will give you an better idea as he goes step by step there.

Users who are viewing this thread