Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

I have endless sympathy for the developers that worked hard to get this out. They really are not to blame and there are a couple of people there that I would offer employment too.

I have no sympathy at all for the a$$holes in management at TrickStar that tried to kill our game.

Thanks ross. just finished packing all the stuff and on my way to the office. :thumbs

I have endless sympathy for the developers that worked hard to get this out. They really are not to blame and there are a couple of people there that I would offer employment too.

I have no sympathy at all for the a$$holes in management at TrickStar that tried to kill our game.

Would the developers have much of a say with regards to the release of the game? Surely they wouldn't want to release this garbage.

Has their comedic game brought a smile to your face or mixed emotions?

We will see what the retailers think of this.

I think chief is mention in the credits!
One of the Shouting players ..
Ross is right this heaps shame on the
Ashes it's self , 505 are desperate to cheat us of
Our money.
Trickstar and 505 games will lose plenty of money
Paying for all the official ashes stuff .Call the police there is a case for fraud by trickstar ..

I think chief is mention in the credits!
One of the Shouting players ..
Ross is right this heaps shame on the
Ashes it's self , 505 are desperate to cheat us of
Our money.
Trickstar and 505 games will lose plenty of money
Paying for all the official ashes stuff .Call the police there is a case for fraud by trickstar ..

I do not see Jamie in the credits in the build I have apart from "player shouts".

I don't think Chief will shed a single tear...

Surely if 505 see the response the game is getting then they will cancel the idea of a boxed version, although in saying that i wouldn't at all be surprised if they release it because some poor fools will buy it unawares of the tripe they are getting.

The "Ashes" brand deserves better. AC09 is majestic by comparison. It has replays...

So sad I am at work and I can't join in on the reviews of Ashes 13. Anywhere that has decent screenshots, either good or bad (whichever way you see it)?

The "Ashes" brand deserves better. AC09 is majestic by comparison. It has replays...

Replays were not what the fans wanted, they were "overrated".

Yes, Ashes certainly deserves better.

I have it. I knew as soon as I played it I didn't need to say anything... it's not a close call or a debate. We all know what has happened here, the Ashes brand is worthless with regard to video games, a sad day.

Another set of people that have been ripped off is anyone here on PC that thought they were getting a credit, they did not.

Chief didn't get a credit either which he may see as a blessing, not sure.

A good middle finger to the retailers who were wanting a discount on DBC14 I would say ;)

Replays were not what the fans wanted, they were "overrated".

Yes, Ashes certainly deserves better.

Ross how about Manual appealing system in Ashes Cricket...Did you check it.....Its crazy

Replays were not what the fans wanted, they were "overrated"..

Seriously though... Who designs a cricket game that doesn't incorporate replays, when it's THE MOST replay-abhorrant sport on the planet. Rugby you get replays of bench-changes these days, but especially in Ashes Cricket you get replays for every little thing... They even do the 'visual emotive theatre' stuff with the super-slow-mo camera, which I thought would be the next 'thing' to show up in a cricket game, highlighting the great shots, wickets (etc) in some sort of slow-mo theatre mode... but to not have ANY replays at all... mind boggling. Gameplay is messed up, sure... we knew that would probably be the case... but the camera view presentation, the cut-scene stuff is barely there, wicket celebrations... it's a MESS.

It's an absolute joke. It's actually WORSE than I thought it was going to be and I've been following it for over a year... It's disgracefully bad. No WONDER you were concerned...

Seriously though... Who designs a cricket game that doesn't incorporate replays, when it's THE MOST replay-abhorrant sport on the planet. Rugby you get replays of bench-changes these days, but especially in Ashes Cricket you get replays for every little thing... They even do the 'visual emotive theatre' stuff with the super-slow-mo camera, which I thought would be the next 'thing' to show up in a cricket game, highlighting the great shots, wickets (etc) in some sort of slow-mo theatre mode... but to not have ANY replays at all... mind boggling. Gameplay is messed up, sure... we knew that would probably be the case... but the camera view presentation, the cut-scene stuff is barely there, wicket celebrations... it's a MESS.

It's an absolute joke. It's actually WORSE than I thought it was going to be and I've been following it for over a year... It's disgracefully bad. No WONDER you were concerned...

You only have to listen to the crowd in the Melbourne play session videos to understand how important replays are.... the is he, he is, he isn't, he is, oh no he's not out moments are priceless and happened right from the get-go.

You will no doubt remember "A pox on all our houses" - After today, try telling *anyone* that you have a good cricket game to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread