Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If nobody is going to play AC 13 on console and no real marketing was done for the Steam release, then why is everyone so worried about AC 13, affecting DBC14 sales?

Last edited:

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If nobody is going to play AC 13 on console and no real marketing was done for the Steam release, then why is everyone so worried about AC 13, affecting DBC14 sales?

Retailers who buy the game now have the misconception that a cricket game=cash grab and won't sell well. Especially a game without licensing. So they ask for cheaper price, bigant don't want that, so there's an odd couple of days coming up I think

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
Retailers who buy the game now have the misconception that a cricket game=cash grab and won't sell well. Especially a game without licensing. So they ask for cheaper price, bigant don't want that, so there's an odd couple of days coming up I think

Okay. What about all of the other bad cricket titles that sold pretty well? If AC13 doesnt even release on console, why would it bother a retailer? It will still be the first cricket game in a while on console. Also why would licenses be an issue to a retailer if cricket acadamy is explained to them?

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I reckon as long as Ross can put forward a very convincing pitch, retailers might cave now. From the looks of things AC13 isn't gonna release on consoles, so it's an open market now for DBC14.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In the Apocalypse games video @0:48 the ball comes to his hand like a magnet effect...Is this also the same like difficult on to get it spot on like you said for the shoes going under the ground??

And @1:04 the ball automatically jumps from one hand to another before throwing....Feels like a bug to me...

Last edited:

Mohsin ibrar

School Cricketer
How many of you want to change the cemra angle to boardcast hit thanks if you want ... personally i dont want because defalt camera look awsome reply guys ..

dadarocks

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Saw the playsession videos - here's my (very late) first impression.

To me personally, this'd be a very good first version of the game, and I'd like the following features in the next iteration [I'm putting it here as I might not be able to log in from pc for a few days]. (Forget a dlc including more stadiums, I think that's a bit too hard - to incorporate a new stadium after the game comes out. Adboard updats'll be good in this regard.)

* A detailed stadium creator. (Only BigAnt will know hot to do that. Who thought they'll come up with such a good player creator?)

* Improvements with regard to player animations - batsman walking off after a play and miss, fielder pushing batsman while running, etc can be improved.

* Errors in hotspot, edge physics, etc as in one of those videos.

* Ability to make a Career mode setup/circuit for a player. Here I expect setting up the domestic calender for a country, in various levels, and our career player can play as he reaches them.

All the best to the BigAnt team... :thumbs

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I watched the BAS world premiere and shit, its fricken unbelievable

volley191

School Cricketer
Guys, Are there any videos showing Pull shots and cut shots?? cause most of the videos I have seen are showing mainly cover drives,straight and on drives,even scoops and reverse sweeps.. Would be really helpful if anyone could tell which video shows pull shot or cut shot or late cut or sweep or something.. Thanks :)

kasabian21

International Coach
There's a great flick off the pads to a full toss in one of the videos...not sure which one. I'll try and locate it.

srk121

International Coach
Guys, Are there any videos showing Pull shots and cut shots?? cause most of the videos I have seen are showing mainly cover drives,straight and on drives,even scoops and reverse sweeps.. Would be really helpful if anyone could tell which video shows pull shot or cut shot or late cut or sweep or something.. Thanks :)

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Extra Footage Part 1 - YouTube

Here you go.. there is an amazing flick shot

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^Yep, looks so similar to how Ricky Ponting would play his flick shots. Also in the same video you will see a very good looking pull shot (which somehow reminds me of Shaun Marsh's style of playing the pull shot)!

Users who are viewing this thread