Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There was beta testing before launch. And beta versions of patches are being tested too. It was the exact same case for DBC14 as well.

But don't let facts and reality get in the way of a consistently negative narrative.
Can you quote where I said beta testing did not happen pre-release?

But don't let facts get in the way of a consistently boring crusade of personal attacks on me

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Can you quote where I said beta testing did not happen pre-release?

But don't let facts get in the way of a consistently boring crusade of personal attacks on me

If I'm attacking anything, it's the content of the posts.

Care to explain the meaning behind your original post then? Because simply posting a statement followed by a lazy 'lol' doesn't provide much context or meaning to your post. What is the point you're actually trying to make?

D

Deleted member 46200

There was beta testing before launch. And beta versions of patches are being tested too. It was the exact same case for DBC14 as well.

But don't let facts and reality get in the way of a consistently negative narrative.
This is common sense, no product is released without testing but the release date is set in stone by the publisher and if the game is good to go will be released sometimes with problems...? Oops, the wrath be upon me now!!! However, there is working progress towards these problems and we have had three patches to rectify certain issues but have created more issues, sadly. I have stated before this is a long term project and need to look at the release schedule of patches for DBC 14. Patience is a virtue that most... NO!!! People don't have.

Just say no to aggressive posting!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
This is common sense, no product is released without testing but the release date is set in stone by the publisher and if the game is good to go will be released sometimes with problems...?

This is very much on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes it's non negotiable (for various reasons) and sometimes it's more so. These days (IMO) it's only important for vanity reasons (which lead to commercial ones) to even announce a game until it's ready to pop.

Bluebagger

International Coach
If I'm attacking anything, it's the content of the posts.

Care to explain the meaning behind your original post then? Because simply posting a statement followed by a lazy 'lol' doesn't provide much context or meaning to your post. What is the point you're actually trying to make?
Why do I have to explain anything? It's not problem that you continually follow me around harassing me, taking petty digs at my posts contents and bringing irrelevant things in to the discussion that I haven't mentioned.

D

Deleted member 46200

This is very much on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes it's non negotiable (for various reasons) and sometimes it's more so. These days (IMO) it's only important for vanity reasons (which lead to commercial ones) to even announce a game until it's ready to pop.
I have heard, from unofficial sources, that publishers hold developers to ransom. So ergo, it isn't the developers fault...? How true this is I don't know but when time is money who knows.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Why do I have to explain anything? It's not problem that you continually follow me around harassing me, taking petty digs at my posts contents and bringing irrelevant things in to the discussion that I haven't mentioned.

'Continually'. That'd be true if I had replied to any of your 20+ posts in the last week. Stop playing the victim and try addressing the content instead of the individual.

Here is the opportunity to engage in an actual conversation and explain your posts so people, including myself, don't misconstrue them. What, pray tell, point are you trying to make with 'Beta testing AFTER launch lol'. Because I don't think it is unreasonable for one to assume you're trying to make a snarky comment insinuating beta testing should have happened before the launch.

Bluebagger

International Coach
'Continually'. That'd be true if I had replied to any of your 20+ posts in the last week. Stop playing the victim and try addressing the content instead of the individual.

Here is the opportunity to engage in an actual conversation and explain your posts so people, including myself, don't misconstrue them. What, pray tell, point are you trying to make with 'Beta testing AFTER launch lol'. Because I don't think it is unreasonable for one to assume you're trying to make a snarky comment insinuating beta testing should have happened before the launch.
Yes continually is an accurate statement as I can go back and quote multiple posts you've made taking unwarranted shots at me in recent times, would you like that? You were shut down pretty well the other day regarding the patch :)

I don't have to explain any post I make I don't see anybody else being demanded to explain their posts so why should I explain mine? Stop singling me out I post within the rules you've got no business with me.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes continually is an accurate statement as I can go back and quote multiple posts you've made taking unwarranted shots at me in recent times, would you like that? You were shut down pretty well the other day regarding the patch :)

I don't have to explain any post I make I don't see anybody else being demanded to explain their posts so why should I explain mine? Stop singling me out I post within the rules you've got no business with me.

Beta testing AFTER launch lol

6. Posting Standards
You agree to not spam the forums with posts that have no value such as a succession of smilies, blank posts, etc. Posts should be well thought out, relevant to the subject matter and of good quality.

Eh. Debatable. Given the post was of low quality and seemingly not very well thought out, that's why I was trying to open up a dialogue and figure out what you meant. But no worries if you don't want to.

D

Deleted member 46200

Is this going anywhere? I'm not the matriarch but surely you both can agree to disagree I've seen (and read) much worse on here so let's all be friends and stop bashing those keyboards. Shall I post some puppies so we can all go Ahhh!!! That's cute (the puppies).

Love peas and vegetable rights!

Bluebagger

International Coach
6. Posting Standards
You agree to not spam the forums with posts that have no value such as a succession of smilies, blank posts, etc. Posts should be well thought out, relevant to the subject matter and of good quality.

Eh. Debatable. Given the post was of low quality and seemingly not very well thought out, that's why I was trying to open up a dialogue and figure out what you meant. But no worries if you don't want to.
No I don't want to. If you don't like it then ban or leave me alone.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I have heard, from unofficial sources, that publishers hold developers to ransom. So ergo, it isn't the developers fault...? How true this is I don't know but when time is money who knows.

Sometimes they do, yes. And I'm happy to be your official source on that. For reasons completely necessary AND sometimes unnecessary.

If you're making a football game and it's a World Cup year, then you better be ready for July.
If the Publisher needs to make fiscal year, you better be ready in <<local equivalent>>.
If you are making the game of <<film>> then it needs to be ready for <<release date>>

And many, many other examples.

I would always advise developers to forget about publishers these days TBH. Totally unneeded now.

gunit123

County Cricketer
Anyone kind enough to share any info on whether you can simulate co op games vs AI online with the testing?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

No shot against you is unwarranted because you're the lowest common denominator.[DOUBLEPOST=1492341955][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone kind enough to share any info on whether you can simulate co op games vs AI online with the testing?

I'm not aware of that being touched

Users who are viewing this thread