Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Started playing the nets only last night. Did not think it woild be so much fun just having a bat in the nets. Loved the menu layout. The batting mechanism was a little tough when I started with me getting bowled on the first bowl, but later on once I got used to it, it was truly amazing. It felt so real. I used the close to the batsman camera as I felt that gave me a realistic look. The effort taken and hard work put in by Big Ant is very praiseworthy. This game will bring about a complete revolution in the cricket gaming world. Hats off to you Big Ant team. Take a bow. :)

Absolutely brilliant update!! Love the little " urn " and the new bats/ sponsors. This Missis has strict instructions for tomoro to get the Xbox controller for windows or the adapter so i can use my current xbox controller, cant wait to get it the nets!!!!

This is amazing.

I love the fact there is a big difference between playing a fast bowler and playing a medium pacer.

I love the fact there is a big difference between playing seam and swing, and a massive difference again playing spin.

I love the fact you're controlling the batsman and bat separately, giving you far more control than ever before.

I love the fact that you have to choose foot placement, shot placement, and shot power, and do it all in the short period of time between the ball being released and arriving, just like real life.

Let alone balancing that in future with the field, confidence, fatigue, running between wickets, and state of the game score.

Win.

I just noticed...

My last name just got included in the commentary list....

WIN!!

Just saw this on the Facebook site.

Really good stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Its ok if this game is not releasing this year because you have given us Cricket Academy with nets. I absolutely love it. I can now imagine what the game will be like. Thanks Big Ant. :thumbs

Just saw this on the Facebook site.

Really good stuff

Yes. Not sure if you have played it yet. But do play with a headphone or earphone. I am telling you, the sound of nicking is fantastic. And the bat hitting the ball, depending on your timing and where the ball hits your bat sounds quite different. Pretty amazing.

About the physics, i blocked a full ball with deadly accurate timing, except it was an inside edge that hit my pad and then knocked off the bell. Similar thing with an outside edge, where it knocked the bells off on its way to the wicketkeeper.

Biggs, good review. Personally i do not like the new filter/detail added. Every players looks pretty bad now. I am not sure whether i should change any of them or not. All depends on how the current version shows up in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started counting how many of my shots would likely result in a wicket. The results weren't pretty.

Absolutely labouring in my attempts to get the controller set up. Anyone got a guide to getting a ps3 controller working?

I have it "just about" working. Blocked 12 in a row, try and play a shot.....bowled :D

Use motionjoy. Download from the internet and they have the tutorial to set your ps3 controller up. Best would be to use the "360 controller profile" on motionjoy that makes your ps3 controller look like an 360 controller to your pc and CA.

Oh I've played it Israr - just nice to see a compilation of different nicks

And another tip for those with PS3 controllers using motion joy, if it still isn't working - RESET YOUR COMPUTER. It worked for Israr and myself straight after resetting

Yeah I had motionjoy but was struggling to get it going.

Fixed it right up now (pretty sure a restart was key to that) got myself a nice 58 before having a big swing at one and missing it completely.

I was in a great rhythm too. Will have to curb those instincts when I get the game.

Not sure what you guys did...but uploading teams is waaaay quicker now :thumbs

So far I'm finding fast-medium the easiest to play

Just knocked a stump at the other end out of the ground. Loving it

I don't know whether its because of my experience with MLB the Show but close batsman is really working for me

Users who are viewing this thread