Solved Don’t seem to get LBW decisions

Savz27

School Cricketer
Has anyone else struggled with LBW. I seem to get the odd Yorker that looks plum but it still doesn’t give me it

bptuner

School Cricketer
Just a side note, its much more difficult to get the 3 lbw red's when you have low confidence. Its almost impossible to inswing a yorker without going down leg if your bowler has red confidence, but when its green, you can throw a "standard" delivery and it'll go dead straight onto middle stump.

Other than that, as @tarrantino said, make sure you actually appeal: (batsmen don't automatically walk when edged or hit lbw, don't overdo the appeals though, otherwise the umpires wont give you a wicket on anything other than edges)
D pad up to appeal

If you feel particularly hard done by and playing in a format with no reviews, you can always go to the pause menu, under "Match Review", select "Big Eye". This is basically what DRS would provide and you can see if the ball bounced over (number 1 issue with not being given lbw, which is fine, only shorter bowlers or a really well worn ball will hit the stumps on a good length with any consistency)

Then you know you have a biased umpire!

Last edited:

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Also on a harder pitch the good pitched ball might be to high for lbw. You might have to go fuller for the height. However I even found that on my first Ashes Test that became too high on day 4.

Savz27

School Cricketer
Brilliant,

Thanks for all the responses. When you are appealing do you do this straight after connection with the pad?? Also is this possible in career mode whilst you are still not at county level??

D

Dutch

Brilliant,

Thanks for all the responses. When you are appealing do you do this straight after connection with the pad?? Also is this possible in career mode whilst you are still not at county level??
Yes appeal once you feel there is a reason to...you can actually appeal whenever you want even on balls that are clearly not valid! You should be able to appeal right from the start of your career.

D

Dutch

If you are playing career it will rake a while to build up your skill points.

Users who are viewing this thread