Ecclestone's Everton (Fm07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pre-Match.jpg

EvertonVWigan.png

Welcome to the JJB stadium for Everton Vs Wigan. It's sure to be a packed stadium here for this hotly anticipated match as a team tipped for relegation faces a team who have money behind them. Everton are once again favourites with the bookies, at odds of 4/5 with Wigan at 3/1. The teams have been announced by the 2 managers and we can take a look at them now.

Match2Teams.png

The home side Wigan go with a familiar 4-4-2 formation, with Denny Landzaat and Kevin Kilbane, formally of Everton, on the wings. Wigan will be pleased to see left back Leighton Baines at the club. There was large speculation that he could be leaving the club, with a move to either Tottenham or Everton seemingly on the cards. Another former Everton player, David Unsworth has the captains armband for Wigan today and he will be hoping that his new side can get one over on his former side. Everton are unchanged from their last game, with Elano and Babel taking those wide roles. Phil Neville keeps his place, as Manuel Fernandes is still yet to regain full fitness. Ivan Klasnic is alone up top once more, in what is set to be Everton's formation for the length of the season. This looks set to be a thrilling encounter here at the JJB, so lets get to the action.

plympilgrim

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
this is nice work, would it be possible for the commentary if you did the two teams a different colour, and maybe do the "goal" lines in bold?? i think this will add to the presentation

keep it up

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
this is nice work, would it be possible for the commentary if you did the two teams a different colour, and maybe do the "goal" lines in bold?? i think this will add to the presentation

keep it up

Cheers. Thanks for the advice. Check tommorow for the next update, the game has been played. I will take your advice into consideration. ;)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
MatchReport.png

EvertonVWiganResult.png

Match Report

3min- Heskey misses easy chance for Wigan
18min- Cracking run and shot from Camara- Great save from Howard
23min- Spectacular Half Volley from Guardado- well saved by Kirkland
32min- Klasnic beats Unsworth and fires a shot that is well saved by Kirkland

HALF TIME

47min- Klasnic clean through on goal, fires over the bar
58min- Good shot from Kilbane is well saved
62min- Klasnic replaced by Johnson
72min- Babel headers a corner towards goal- well saved
82min- Another shot saved by Kirkland, this time from Elano
85min- Cahill chance well saved
90min- Elano fires wide

FULL TIME

EvertonvWiganOverview.png

Summary: Another dissapointing draw for the Toffees in a game they dominated. The chances were there and its just a matter of converting them. The new lads, Klasnic, Elano, Babel and Guardado are still getting used to the league and will improve when they are settled. It was a fantastic performance from Wigan Keeper Chris Kirkland, who saved Wigan from a large defeat. I'm sure Everton will improve, but with Arsenal at home next, it could be a dissapointing start to a promising season.

OrderDX

International Cricketer
i felt you would win that one but i have a feeling you won't expect to beat arsenal but you will beat them lol

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pre-Match.jpg

EvertonVArsenal.png

We return to Goodison Park for Everton's third game of the season, and on paper, their hardest game so far. Everton havent started well, with 2 draws in 2 relatively easy matches. Everton fans would be happy with a similar result today though. Arsenal have also failed to get off to a good start, having lost their first game of the season to Portsmouth, this is only their 2nd game of the season. The odds make Arsenal 4/7 favourites, with Everton close at 4/1. It's set to be a thrilling game. The managers have announced the squads, so lets take a look:

Match3Teams.png

Everton are unchanged once more, with Fernandes still not match fit according to manager Dan Manley. This means that Klasnic keeps his lone striker position, with Elano, Cahill and Babel backing him up. Rafinha, Yobo and Terry make up the back 3 once more, but they are set to be under much more pressure in this game. Arsenal go with a simple 4-4-2 formation with a very strong team. Djourou partners Toure in centre defence in what looks a very strong defence, with Lehmann between the sticks. Robin Van Persie and Thierry Henry line-up together up front, and will hope for support from the 2 wingers Rosicky and Hleb. It's set to be a thrilling encounter, and will show us how well the Everton team are gelling. Everton fans will be hoping for an improved performance.

plympilgrim

International Coach
i duno i fancy a 2 - 0 everton win :p

when fernandes is fit who do you anticipate he will replace.

great presentation by the way. if you keep this up it will be an extremely great story in both presentation and read.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Manuel Fernandes will replace Phil Neville. I also have another transfer to announce after the Arsenal game. According to FM Genie Scout he has the potential to be as good as Ronaldinho. Who could it be ? if anyone guesses it right they'll get reps and get a hug from Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread