Post Line-ups Elite League: Australia VIII | Round 2 - Not the way you want to start off..

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
It's funny how the pressure of a big game can make modest totals look monumental and it proved to be a bit too much for us to handle.

We bowled well but Mike Hussey unleashed a brutal counter-attacking innings to take them to what looked like a par total at that stage.He had an answer to everything we threw at him and even Swann couldn't do much.
We did back ourselves to chase the target down but the first-ball dismissal of our MVP Hashim Amla irreparably dented our confidence and it was all one-way traffic from there on.

Congratulations to West Coast who looked the team to beat right from the beginning,thanks to the awesome squad Fenil assembled and yet another feather in the cap for The Author on the completion of a well managed and fun league.

Last edited:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Wow! That was a close one. A match worthy of a final. After the first innings' score, I thought we were down but our bowlers bowled their heart out to bring us back in the game against a solid Melbourne who were "playing an extra batsman". Mike was led the team from the front while Wade's partnership with Johnson was very crucial as it helped us swell our score which proved to be the difference between the two sides in the end.

Good job The Author for making this league a very interesting affair.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Well done Huss, what an innings, unlucky to miss out on a ton. Bollinger too continuing his great form. Great to have the trophy, both the awards.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Player of the Season Gold Michael Hussey 465 runs @ 66.4 Silver Marcus North 299 runs @ 49.8 14 wickets @ 24.1 Bronze Doug Bollinger 3 runs @ 3.0 21 wickets @ 16.5 Golden Bat: Michael Hussey Golden Ball: Doug Bollinger
Just shows how dominant we are ;)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Because of my so-called "real life", I'm planning to hand this league over to Prithvi for the coming seasons. As a result, the start of the next season will probably depend on the finish timme of the World Club Championship.

Congrats to all involved for making that a great season, and a good one to manage.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think I'll run this parallel to Club World Cup. The matches of Club World Cup will be only on week ends due to PCCS not being so user friendly;).

Confirm your participation guys. Adelaide needs a manager though:).

This time, we will have a fairly bigger season than what we actually had:).

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2vxq1cx.jpg

Transfer window is open. You are allowed to make maximum of ten transfers, and 2 of them are mandatory transfers (i.e, you SHOULD do two transfers, which has been put instead of delisting players followed by a draft). Also, you are supposed to do atleast one transfer in both OS and local (which stands mandatory). The transfer window ends on 16th of this month.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Mandatory trades, eh?

Voges <---> Phil Hughes

Dilshan <----> Paul Collingwood

Paul Collingwood <-----> Dilshan

Phil Hughes <-----> Adam Voges

:D

Users who are viewing this thread