Engineering,Medical or something else?

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What you have preferred and what you would like to prefer? Engineering,Medical(Doctor) or some thing else.

I myself choose Pre-Engineering after I completed my 10th grade.
Reason was that I was too poor in diagrams:p
But the main reason is that I always study on concept and in Biology you have to learn more then developing concept other reason was that I am much good and active in maths then Bio.

Thankfully I completed my 12th grade with good grades and now doing Electric Engineering though my aim was always to become a pilot but this year I missed the due date.:facepalm

I wan to know what PC members have in their mind to be in future and those who are in professional study or had done it what are their past experiences.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Neither fortunately! I share a flat with 2 doctors and I'm quite happy not working ridiculous hours including nights.
Don't even get me started on engineers ;)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So what else you are doing post here.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
me would prefer Engineering precisely for the same reasons sendyaari has posted.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I am in 10th. I will be doing engenering as i want to join Merchant Navy or maybe Indian Navy.
I just love carreer related to challenge and adverse condition.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I'm looking to go into Aerospace Engineering, It's a 3 or 4 year course and job prospects are promising. Plus, I also get to fulfill my lifelong dream which is to settle down in the US somewhere as the demand for these types of jobs is there.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm looking to go into Aerospace Engineering, It's a 3 or 4 year course and job prospects are promising. Plus, I also get to fulfill my lifelong dream which is to settle down in the US somewhere as the demand for these types of jobs is there.

Good luck with that one mate, sounds like a job that will be challenging, interesting and will pay well to boot!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Engineering was not my cup of tea. I always wanted to do something related to computers that did not involved designing/creating computers. Thats why I went into Computer Science. Eventually ended up doing MIS (Management Information Systems).

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Actor / Writer / Director.

have always been fascinated by films,stories and how they are made.
started my journey 8 months ago....given myself another 4-5 years for directing
my first feature. a bit over ambitious and optimistic but will give it all.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Actor / Writer / Director.

have always been fascinated by films,stories and how they are made.
started my journey 8 months ago....given myself another 4-5 years for directing
my first feature. a bit over ambitious and optimistic but will give it all.

In India as an actor/writer/director? Need to have the right connections (not the 'couch' one:p). Also, you have enough backup in place, right?

All the best....

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
In India as an actor/writer/director? Need to have the right connections (not the 'couch' one:p). Also, you have enough backup in place, right?

All the best....

thanx.....
absolutely no connections though. :(
most of my family members are all Phd / IITians lol....
i guess you can imagine how they would've reacted after i told them
about my future plans. :p

and no backup too. crazy i know...but thats how i am.

Highlander999

ICC President
Neither fortunately! I share a flat with 2 doctors and I'm quite happy not working ridiculous hours including nights.
Don't even get me started on engineers ;)

Got my eye on the potential new gf, and she is a medicine student ;) At least she'll earn a fortune :laugh

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm shooting for Medicine. Here in the US we have to complete an undergrad in college first, and i'm thinking Biomedical Engineering. That way, if I don't get into med school I still have a solid degree rather than a Biology degree which you can't really do much with, apart from completing a PhD and teaching, which isn't my thing.

If I don't get into Med School, i'll complete my MBA after college and join Corporate America. It sounds a lot cooler than just being a doctor, but the ability to impact someone's life so greatly, the ability to heal and inspire - it attracts me so much.

Users who are viewing this thread