England In India - October 2011/12

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England are not untouchable at home and they will only have one plan - bouncers.

What?

England will use the bouncer occasionally when they're struggling to get a wicket but in English conditions England will be looking to pitch it up for the swing.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What?

England will use the bouncer occasionally when they're struggling to get a wicket but in English conditions England will be looking to pitch it up for the swing.

We will see and we haven't done bad in last two tours there. ;)

Struggled in ODI though.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We should do well in the tests if the Fab Three are still there (especially Tendulkar). He is getting better and better and he will be the key. I think Pujara should be part of the side more permanently by then because he recently had good success captaining the A side in England and scored big runs.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Completely hypothetical scenario here but if England win in the Ashes then go onto win this series we'd have catapulted ourselves right up to the top rung alongside S.A and India.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
It may be early, but i am quite hopeful that India will do well. Playing in England brings the best out of Rahul Dravid and I would love to see him score plenty and retire on a high after this series. By then he should get his test avg back up to mid 50s :)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dravid is really struggling these days. If he fails in Kiwi series he will be under pump. Though he loves playing Kiwis.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
^Whatever his form may be, we can't just put him out on an Engand's tour, he's awesome in England and is really a need.

Pujara had success there with the young A-side and being the highest run-getter, he might be there with a permanent spot I suppose.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well sometimes you have to take harsh decisions. Remember we had Dravid and Ganguly both new comers establishing themselves in England tour.

That time we only had Sachin as main batsmen and he is still around. :p

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Well sometimes you have to take harsh decisions. Remember we had Dravid and Ganguly both new comers establishing themselves in England tour.

there is a difference though. for dravid and ganguly, test cricket was the ultimate. those days we actually had 5 match test series . :p

they prepared themselves mentally and corrected their techniques to survive in the test arena.today, the youngsters dont care as much as they should.they are happy playing T20, IPL etc getting all the money and fame.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Pujara and Rahane have not been in IPL limelight.

And I think Kohli will be good test player. Has good technique and can play short ball.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Pujara and Rahane have not been in IPL limelight.

True, both these players aren't a regular part of their teams.
And Virat Kohli will surely make a good test player, he has shown the guts in ODIs, but he will be more suited for the test matches.

Either 2 of the 3 atleast should go on the tour.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I would love to see Virat Pujara and Rahane play in the test scenario well. Pujara is really best suited to control the innings when a wicket falls early :)

Rahane is really looking great in the Domestic Competitions and other matches. Kohli will have to wait I guess for another year or so to get a spot. Raina if he could get his temperament right against playing short deliveries he would have been the best batsman in form right now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess we should take Rahane or Kohli to either SA or England. Raina and Pujara have been given that exposure and Raina has established himself, and Pujara has shown the signs. If one or two more players are blooded, then our bench strength when the Big three retire will be strong enough.

P

pcfan123

Completely hypothetical scenario here but if England win in the Ashes then go onto win this series we'd have catapulted ourselves right up to the top rung alongside S.A and India.

We will be number 1 then and suddenly the ICC ranking will mean the world to us :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread