England In India - October 2011/12

P

pcfan123

Will be interesting to see how Gambhir goes in England, he could save his career or drive the final nail into his coffin.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Knowing the Indian selectors, I don't think much will affect Gambhir's place in the side even if he has a shite series.

P

pcfan123

Yea but it will confirm the suspicions of those who think he is a sub continent bully and crap in proper conditions

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
He actually has a good technique. I won't be surprised if he performs well. But, he should be able to cope with the swing early on which might well be threatening.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trent Bridge and Edgbaston tests should be helpful for the seamers. The Oval should be good for the likes of Broad, Finn.

subversive

Club Cricketer
Viru & Raina been shown the exit door to Test Cricket (If at all not viru, definitely raina)
Dravid retiring from test cricket on a high
MSD feeling the heat for inconsistent performances with the bat

LOL at even thinking about Sehwag getting shown the door. With the form he's been in the last couple of years he isn't going anywhere, even if he gets 5 consecutive ducks on the England tour.

As far as his average being just 39.50 in England, you have to consider that all the tests he's played there were in 2002. He's way better now than he was back then.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag won't go anywhere. As you rightly said,even with 5 ducks he will stay. However, if he gets 5 ducks, expect him to thrash the opposition in the next match right after that. He would probably thrash 500 then :yes

Knowing the Indian selectors, I don't think much will affect Gambhir's place in the side even if he has a shite series.

As the team vice-captain, do not expect him to be shown the door unless we crash out in the first round of the World Cup.

Yea but it will confirm the suspicions of those who think he is a sub continent bully and crap in proper conditions

Should I remind you of his purple patch in Australia ODIs CB Series in 2008.

P

pcfan123

plus I am talking about Test cricket, I couldn't care less what people do in other forms.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The issue is about Gambhir performing on non-subcontinental wickets. Plus, if he has shown his mettle in ODIs,there is every reason for him to repeat the performance in Tests too.

Performance against NZL- Test Matches

He has shown real character in NZL and he will carry that form in other nations as well.

P

pcfan123

That wicket in Napier was the flattest in the world and as for this argument

if he has shown his mettle in ODIs,there is every reason for him to repeat the performance in Tests too.

Well that is just retarded.

I'm a Gambhir fan myself, but he has yet to prove himself in difficult Test batting conditions overseas

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
He has shown real character in NZL and he will carry that form in other nations as well.

New Zealand are New Zealand though. A sheep could get a gig in their bowling line up at the moment.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Look at the way he played out there. The wicket was flat,but to stand up to save a game for your country takes real grit.
And my retarded argument should hold good. We shall wait and watch.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Gautam Gambhir hasn't played much cricket outside subcontinent, very few tests that too against Zimbabwe and NZ but he has performed good. We can just wait and watch in this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread