England In India - October 2011/12

P

pcfan123

Don't forget that after we get the number 1 ranking we will hastily arrange 2 match Test series to ensure that we stay on top.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Desperately waiting for India to start touring foreign grounds. if we still manage to win a series outside sub-c, we deserve the no.1 title.

the fabulous 3? Sachin? Dravid? Laxman? in 2011?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Presuming India lose in SA before this series. Once England are @ full-strenght i fully expect ENG to win this series, if the conditions next summer are seamer friendly like this summer.

P

pcfan123

Last time India won in England RP Singh was bowling beautifully for English conditions. They really don't have anyone right now who seems capable of repeating that effort. ZAK might but he might also not be around by then.

Also will be interesting to see if Tendulkar retires after 2011 WC, whether or not he comes will probably define the series for India. I was sure that the 2006 series would be the last we saw of Sachin in England.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Last time India won in England RP Singh was bowling beautifully for English conditions. They really don't have anyone right now who seems capable of repeating that effort. ZAK might but he might also not be around by then.

Also will be interesting to see if Tendulkar retires after 2011 WC, whether or not he comes will probably define the series for India. I was sure that the 2006 series would be the last we saw of Sachin in England.

If Sachin retires after World Cup, it will be from the ODI's and T20's. I am confident he will continue playing tests till his body repels and I dont see him retiring from tests until 2012-13.

Hopefully we have some swing bowlers by the time this tour starts. Dont want RP again. The guy is absolute crap when the conditions dont favor him. Hope Irfan strikes back into the team as a bowler by then.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
India to win 4-0. Zak, Ishant, Bhajji will get atleast 1 five-fer each (Zak probably 2). Sachin will get a 200.

You heard it here first.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hopefully we have some swing bowlers by the time this tour starts. Dont want RP again. The guy is absolute crap when the conditions dont favor him. Hope Irfan strikes back into the team as a bowler by then.
This doesn't make sense. The conditions will probably favour him, so why wouldn't you take him. Anyways, haven't heard of RP in a long while so he's probably out of the picture.

I just hope that Ishant hasn't played any ODI/T20 cricket for a while and is raring to go. And you should give up on Irfan too, Sai, his career is pretty much done, imo.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Please, just stop talking about Irfan. It depresses me... :(

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
On the bouncers issue I don't see it being a necessary tactic for an England home series. There's usually enough swing and seam around (as Pakistan found) without needing to resort to short-stuff. Maybe once Sachin reaches 100 we'll bowl him some bouncers...

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
India to win 4-0.

Wow thats one hell of a good joke by the legend himself . These matches are not scheduled at the dead wickets of subcontinental teams where the indians bag results with their batting, these are probably the best sporting tracks a nation can afford . Almost every match is guaranteed a result here but for rain. I expect the poms to beat india 3-1 .
And some things i am pretty much sure to see after the completion of this tour :

Viru & Raina been shown the exit door to Test Cricket (If at all not viru, definitely raina)
Dravid retiring from test cricket on a high
MSD feeling the heat for inconsistent performances with the bat

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I expect the poms to beat india 3-1 .

now that looks like big joke to me and you're not even legend.:p

These matches are not scheduled at the dead wickets of subcontinental teams where the indians bag results with their batting

Another great one, I always thought one team needs 20 wickets to win the match. Argh!!! I was wrong, Just post 600-700 and you win the match.:sarcasm

Viru & Raina been shown the exit door to Test Cricket (If at all not viru, definitely raina)
Dravid retiring from test cricket on a high
MSD feeling the heat for inconsistent performances with the bat

Definitely not, I can't say much about Raina but Sehwag is most likely to rip the England Attack.
You can be right on the case of Dravid.

and yeah, even though we don't see Dhoni to play big innings regularly, he won't feel the heat until unless India will lose the series.

As far as this series is considered, If India will be going with all the senior players fit which is not happening from some time, then India will have clear chance of winning this. They have beaten the poms in 08-09 too, Gambhir was awesome last time around, Pujara and Rahane have a experience England conditions, Sehwag need to improve and Dravid and Tendulkar are always great in England.
Zaheer Khan has been hell to impressive on dead wickets, so what he is supposed to on a bowler friendly pitch. High expectation, Ishant Sharma was great last time too.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
ehwag is most likely to rip the England Attack.

Last time I checked England games weren't played on roads.

Ollie_H added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Just to back that up in England he averages 31, whilst in NZ he averages only 27. Considering New Zealand is usually known as a 2nd England, he could find it very difficult.

EDIT: Whoops, that's vs. each county, in the actual countries he averages 39 & 20 respectively.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah people used to over rate this umar akmal guy until before he got banged in by the england seamers at home soil . Its gonna be a similar story with viru for he is going to face a mighty new ball attack led by jimmy who simply devastated the pakistani openers with some deadly inswingers .
So far, the new ball bowlers he has been facing have not proved their worth like Welegedera , malinga but he definitely did stuggle against bollinger and hilfenhaus even on those dead wickets . And they are somewhat ranked outside the top 15. On the other hand,if you consider the england bowlers , jimmy is world number 4, swanny is 2nd , broad is 11th and finny is the emerging talent of 2010 . So i dont find any reason to be afraid of viru as long our bowlers keep continuing their good form .

Users who are viewing this thread