England National football team thread

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Redknapp is also interested in the English reins.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Redknapp is also interested in the English reins.

Show some evidence? Give some back up? Seriously all you do is post 1 line things that shows that you do know something but obviously not enough to actually post about it properly.

War

Chairman of Selectors
The thing with Lampard and Gerrard is that they need a 3rd midfielder to work properly. Gerrard recently has shown to improve his positioning quite a lot and work in a 2 man midfield but before that he needed to be in a 3 man midfield. To play them together you need a holder. At Liverpool under Benitez, Gerrard was afforded the luxary of roaming with Masch (fantastic destroyer) and Alonso (fantastic positioning), and Lampard had Makelele and then Mikel as a holder.

It shouldn't be the job of the national team to give youngsters playing time to develop them - that's the job of the clubs. Once they are ready, then they should be brought in. Ashley Cole is the best left back in the world, and Baines is in the best form of any fullback in the league at the moment so he'd be behind them in the pecking order anyway.

Redknapp has proved himself to be quite an astute tactician this season, even if he doesn't "like tactics". How many times have Spurs come back to win games this season? It's no coincidence, it's because of the decisions that he's made. Having said that, I just don't see him as England manager, I don't know why.

Well said as usual mr.pepper. But how come you dont see Harry as an ENG manager though?.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
I heard it from Wikipedia, where an article says that Harry Redknapp is indeed interested in the English reins, if Capello retires.

England needs to improve with Goalkeepers. Robert Green, David James, Joe Hart, Ben Foster are some guys who come to my mind. Also recently saw two new guys, Scott Loach and Scott Carson.

How about giving Berbatov English citizenship and making him play for England.:D
Lol, will never happen.

JBlues08

Club Captain
England needs to improve with Goalkeepers. Robert Green, David James, Joe Hart, Ben Foster are some guys who come to my mind. Also recently saw two new guys, Scott Loach and Scott Carson.

Unless I'm mistaken with someone else but Scott Carson a new guy? You do know he played for England before right? And Robert Green is hardly reliable. The best that England got now for a goalkeeper is Joe Hart.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Unless I'm mistaken with someone else but Scott Carson a new guy? You do know he played for England before right? And Robert Green is hardly reliable. The best that England got now for a goalkeeper is Joe Hart.

Scott Carson had a disastrous game versus Croatia in the Euro 2008 qualifier - and we all know about Green (!) The shame of it is, before that Green was looking a solid enough keeper. The best we have now is Joe Hart - but I'm worried he might blow a bit hot and cold.

We haven't had a truly solid keeper since Seaman - although Robinson did a good job; he had a few bad games and the coach lost faith in him. What could he have done with that bobble against Croatia? That goal was Neville's fault - he shouldn't have passed it back straight to the goal - kids are always taught to pass it back to one side of the goal so if the keeper does miss it, it doesn't go in!

----------

Well said as usual mr.pepper. But how come you see Harry as an ENG manager though?.

There's been talk of a Redknapp/Beckham dream - team. Not too sure about that, but if we're talking English, Redknapp has to be the number one pick. People were talking about Roy Hodgson - not too sure now, eh guys? ;)

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah, Robinson was a good guy, too sad Capello did not use him properly. ATM, England has loads of good midfielders and the stadium fans are booing against many English players. Even English fans. Now England will need a good goalkeeper if they want to play even better. Another important fact is, very rarely English players go and play in overseas leagues. This puts their outside experience a bit low. Players like Robert Green should move to clubs like A.S. Roma.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Scott Carson had a disastrous game versus Croatia in the Euro 2008 qualifier - and we all know about Green (!) The shame of it is, before that Green was looking a solid enough keeper. The best we have now is Joe Hart - but I'm worried he might blow a bit hot and cold.

Scott Carson still makes a couple of mistakes along the way with the most recent against Fulham. And I do agree with you on Joe Hart about him blowing hot and cold. Some of his notable mistakes this season was against Blackburn in the league and Leicester City in the FA Cup match yesterday but he is the best England got at the moment.

Bevab

Staff Member
I feel Robert Green should be given another chance to showcase himself. Goalkeeping is not a very easy issue but his mistake was completely idiotic.

Ben Foster with number #1, lol.:lol

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Hmmm suppose he deserves it. Was the only english player who deserved to be nominated for the ballon d'Or. Not been in much form recently though, then again none of the chelsea team have.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Kevin Nolan in mood for a cap

Having a good season, but deep down i dont think he is international quality & is not the type of mid-fielder England need to be fair.

His teammate Joey Barton maybe is though.

----------

Hmmm suppose he deserves it. Was the only english player who deserved to be nominated for the ballon d'Or. Not been in much form recently though, then again none of the chelsea team have.

Ye fair point.

----------

Boy wonder Alex Chamberlain will sign for Arsenal: Arsene Wenger wins ?10m chase for teenager | Mail Online

Another hyped young attacking mid-fielder i see.

Users who are viewing this thread