England Team Discussion

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If we had batted like this against Scotland we'd have got 400.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Going absolutely nowhere at the moment and Bell has gone back to the turgid stuff from the rest of the tournament. We need to make something happen here.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am a big Gary Ballance fan but he doesn't suit the one day game. Hales simply has to be at three for the next game.

bigred

Club Captain
I was pretty supportive of Ballance being in this side at the beginning of WC. However, I have to admit I was wrong. His footwork seems to be all over the place. Think he'll end up being a terrific test player, but one dayers might not be for him. I'd personally bring Bopara back over Hales and let Taylor go back to 3.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Root is probably England's best asset right now - doesn't do anything flashy but bats well for the middle overs and seems to have gained the ability to accelerate at the right time.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I feel sorry for y'all english supporters... your bowlers looked like the could give a shit out there. Broad and Woakes bowling 130-40 dibbly shot-pitch waist high bouncers to two guys on over a hundred in the 45th over is tantamount to match fixing. You guys got any young hungry bowlers coming up through the domestic scene? Because these guys all need the axe. Finn maybe gets it... maybe.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Overton was good, then he got picked for the England ODI squad last year, then only bowled in the nets and played shit last year and ended up playing minor counties cricket (although he might have gotten injured, I'm not entirely sure)

England have a habit of taking exciting fast young bowlers and ruining them: Finn is a prime example of that. It leads to this; all of our bowlers are doing the same thing and we have no real other options.

e:
8h5TOhI.png

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As Biggs said,

I didn't expect this from the English after the awesome tri-series - till now they've just beated Scotland..

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
england could still qualify for the quarters which is frankly ridiculous

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
The real question is why are you drawing the tournament two bloody years before its supposed to take place; and before four of the teams have qualified for it

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Rankings are such incredible horseshit I just can't even begin to walk that road of insanity... You simply can't "Rank" teams on a global scale when 4 of those teams play over 50% of the cricket in their own conditions, or at home and almost-never tour to places like Zimbabwe, New Zealand or South Africa (and when they do, they get murdered more often than not). Australia haven't played in NZ for over 5 years (or more, I can't remember) and we live THREE HOURS away. Australia play in PERTH more often than they do in Auckland. Pakistan roam the globe and never play at home, Zimbabwe barely get out for a coffee with most countries, let alone an India or England... who go down 7 wickets for 11 runs more often than they do tour New Zealand. My list goes on... and then India, England and Australia play more International cricket than Zimbabwe, Ireland, New Zealand, West Indies, Bangladesh and Pakistan so they get more "points" of whatever devil science and entrail reading the ICC does to stick teams on a list for these tournaments. By comparison the associate cricket ranking system is a Stephen Hawking approved science of fairness.

Rankings are a joke.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
So we lose a wicket with 15 overs to go, which is the perfect time to get Jos Buttler in. Yet we send in James Taylor? Leaving Buttler until the 45th over? I'm a big fan of James Taylor, but in that situation it's got to be Buttler every day of the week.

So much for England being flexible. It's just so, so poor from the management.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
After seeing todays game it seems that it is now totally impossible for English to qualify unless they win simultaneously upcoming matches

Users who are viewing this thread