MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
General Discussion thread for the England Cricket Team.

Last edited:

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Incredibly, there is nothing to talk about leading in to a WC. The starting eleven picks itself and everyone in the camp seems content. Only real dilemma will be deciding whether or not to go for Tredwell ahead of Finn in places like Sydney or Adelaide.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Strange, before/during the Sri Lanka tour we were probably the most up in the air squads around not even having a clue who would captain, now we've probably got the most set team around :D.

D

Dutch

Cant see England going far: once again. We dont know what to do in limited overs cricket....

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't get to the quarter finals to be honest, and at least we've made an attempt to improve recently. Once you get to the quarters it can be anyones game on a good/bad day and I wouldn't rule us out really against India, Pakistan or the WI. South Africa may be a tougher ask though.

bigred

Club Captain
I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't get to the quarter finals to be honest, and at least we've made an attempt to improve recently. Once you get to the quarters it can be anyones game on a good/bad day and I wouldn't rule us out really against India, Pakistan or the WI. South Africa may be a tougher ask though.

Agree. I think we'd be favourites in a quarter against anyone but SA. Unfortunately, I think we're the fourth best team in the group, so may end up playing SA. If we could win 4 group games it would be very handy.

bigred

Club Captain
Good performance from England today, but WI look embarrassingly bad. Another leap in the right direction for Woakes.

Really glad Bopara got some decent bowling time. That's just what he needed.

bigred

Club Captain
Bopara and Morgan are saving their runs for the actual thing. No point in dress rehearsal runs.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bopara and Morgan are saving their runs for the actual thing. No point in dress rehearsal runs.
Bopara's going to be brilliant then, as long as he saved the runs from the Tri-Series for the World Cup too. :p

Buttler being made Vice Captain I see. Probably says more about the lack of options, but I like it. He's got a cricketing brain in him, which is more than can be said for a lot of the squad.

bigred

Club Captain
My word, the host nations look strong. England have no chance of chasing this.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Just awoke to headlines "FINN TAKES HAT-TRICK!"

Celebration!

Scroll down...

.... Australia score bucket-loads though.

Back to bed I think.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My word, the host nations look strong. England have no chance of chasing this.
Australia 342/9 (50.0 ov)
England 80/5 (19.4 ov)
England require another 263 runs with 5 wickets and 30.2 overs remaining
^ Shows it all. :D

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Why did they bring in Ballance?

Why is Morgan captain? I got shot down by a few people on here for doubting Morgan and for saying Bell isn't an opener. If Bell was lower down the order, he'd probably still be in. Surely Morgan has to be dropped?

Fair play to Aus, punished poor bowling.

bigred

Club Captain
Embarrassing performance this. Will be hard to recover mentally. Could struggle from here.

Users who are viewing this thread