England Team Discussion

D

Dutch

Sorry for repeating this here but the mind just boggles......Just listened to Morgans answer to the question as to why Ballance was bought in...... Because he had shown such good form in Test Cricket...... Feck me, we are doomd, utterly, utterly doomed...

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, the way the forum is dealing with the World Cup is really breaking my mind, so I can understand feeling the need to post something twice, considering there's a couple of places to discuss a match.

It's a shame though, because with a new coach coming in, we had a chance for a fresh start, yet it's just the same, if not worse than before. In that decisions don't seem to make much sense.

bigred

Club Captain
I think England should stick with Ballance at 3. Southee and Boult are swinging the ball around corners at the moment so we just need to make a solid start and keep wickets in hand.

One thing that has confused me is why they pushed Taylor so low down the order. Morgan is the most out of form and is very good in the last 10 overs, so he should bat 6. Root bats 5 in test cricket and could easily do the same in ODIs. If you do that, Taylor can come in at 4.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's depressing because you see most other teams smashing their way to 300+ from their 50 overs and then there's us struggling to conjure up 250! :noway

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I love Morgan's statement 'I feel a lot better after today. I have struggled these last couple of innings. Having some time in the middle has certainly helped. I am probably further along than I was earlier this week.' He scored 17 chuffing runs from 40 balls! :facepalm. Glad I slept through it all plus I put money on NZ to win!

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
What's going on with the England team? This is as spineless a performance can get.

Some stupid decisions at the time of WC squad selection and another set of stupid decisions in selecting the playing XI is paying of real good I think.

Before the tournament began, I considered England as the one of the top 4 teams because of the familiar conditions and now really shocked to see performances like this.

One positive is that both of their difficult matches are over now and they can now start building their confidence up by winning against the weaker teams.

bigred

Club Captain
What's going on with the England team? This is as spineless a performance can get.

Some stupid decisions at the time of WC squad selection and another set of stupid decisions in selecting the playing XI is paying of real good I think.

Before the tournament began, I considered England as the one of the top 4 teams because of the familiar conditions and now really shocked to see performances like this.

One positive is that both of their difficult matches are over now and they can now start building their confidence up by winning against the weaker teams.

England certainly won't win all four remaining games. I can see them losing two. Probably against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well, erm...... looks like Woakes bowled ok. :(

It was in the middle or the night for us, we'll just pretend it didn't happen and move on I think.

D

Dutch

I love Morgan's statement 'I feel a lot better after today. I have struggled these last couple of innings. Having some time in the middle has certainly helped. I am probably further along than I was earlier this week.' He scored 17 chuffing runs from 40 balls! :facepalm. Glad I slept through it all plus I put money on NZ to win!
Yeah the quotes and reaction coming out of the Engalnd camp is just incredulous: Moragn saying : we wont panic....FFS lads, panic fecking panic......do something, do something, anything.........they just have no plan whatsoever......what other top international coach says after beeing routed by Australia....we will certainly be looking in how to adapt our death bowling......we have known for years, years that that what we do doesnt work.......

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
I've had a falling out with the Pakistan side and I'm having one with England, toothless, hapless and with zero cricketing brains, the match against NZ was a joke but at least they have lost to an exceptional ODI team. England should qualify, possibly 3rd or 4th.

bigred

Club Captain
I don't really know what changes will make a difference. The talk is that Hales will come in as he's impressing in the nets. The only way I'd see that working is if he opens, they demote Ali down to 6, Taylor bats at 3 again and Ballance gets dropped. If that happens, it's another 4 changes made all of a sudden. Might be worth doing though. I'm not sure Ballance is an ODI player. Test success isn't also converted into one day success.

Other than that, they could bring Tredwell in. He's definitely been our most economical bowler in the last 12 months. That would mean we'd need to get rid of a seamer, and play with just 3 quicks. Given how low Finn's confidence must be right now, he'd have to be the man to make way. I know Finn's had his recent problems, but I don't know why he seems to have lost all his pace.

So my team for Scotland game would be

Bell
Hales
Taylor
Root
Morgan
Ali/Bopara (depending on pitch)
Buttler
Woakes
Broad
Tredwell
Anderson

bigred

Club Captain
I know he's the opposing coach, I thought Collingwood's comments about England were out of order. Lost a lot of respect for him. Think he must have his eye on Peter Moore's job, hence his criticism of him.

Users who are viewing this thread