England Team Discussion

D

Dutch

Embarrassing performance this. Will be hard to recover mentally. Could struggle from here.

Cue the "we have to show charachter and move forward and take the positives from this game" lines..,,

The only positive is that it has become quite clear that Finn should be nowhere near a cricket ball

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Cue the "we have to show charachter and move forward and take the positives from this game" lines..,,

The only positive is that it has become quite clear that Finn should be nowhere near a cricket ball

But he got a hat-trick! ;)

Woakes was pretty terrible as well, along with Broad, who should be better. Much better.

Looking forward to the tosh that Morgan will come up after the match.

I reckon the Afghani's will fancy beating us.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Gotta feel for Taylor being shunted down the order. Nice to see Woakes batting well though. No way we're ever chasing down 340 more than once a decade, so we need another bowler in there, because as we saw today, Root is not an option with the ball.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Oh and even better to see Taylor hitting a straight six when the Aussie commentators have been ripping into him for not hitting it hard enough. :D

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors

Fast bowlers tend to be unfairly tarnished with not being the sharpest tools in the box but his bowling intelligence is practically non-existent. Yet somehow he manages to fluke a hat-trick which will be highlighted instead of his 71 run buffet bowling!

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Fast bowlers tend to be unfairly tarnished with not being the sharpest tools in the box but his bowling intelligence is practically non-existent. Yet somehow he manages to fluke a hat-trick which will be highlighted instead of his 71 run buffet bowling!

Would never have got the hat-trick if it wasn't the last few balls. Awful bowling.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Gotta feel for Taylor being shunted down the order. Nice to see Woakes batting well though. No way we're ever chasing down 340 more than once a decade, so we need another bowler in there, because as we saw today, Root is not an option with the ball.

I think Root can be an option in Test matches, but not in ODI and especially not on Aus pitches! I really like Taylor, yes he's a bit on the slow side, but he can hang around and support people like Butler while they wallop it. I'd have said Morgan as well but, ya know! Pleased Woakes got some runs after that insipid bowling performance. I think he has a birght future. I just can't understand why Ravi wasn't played. At least he gives you a different option with the ball.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I think the good thing about Taylor is that he's good at targeting different areas of the field. He knows he's not going to clear a deep mid-wicket for a six, but he can work it and find the gaps in strange areas. Just needs to be at 3 or 4, because as he's showing today, he can accelerate, even if he starts slowly. I just think if you want to bring Ballance in, then shift everyone down one, rather than moving him to 6, because he looks a lot better than Root or Morgan at the moment.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Wow, James Taylor has been absolutely robbed there. Shocking Umpiring. Dead Ball every day of the week.

EDIT: The Umpire even takes back his decision (Arms across the chest) and then signals dead ball. Yet, then gives the run out. :D

bigred

Club Captain
Wow, James Taylor has been absolutely robbed there. Shocking Umpiring. Dead Ball every day of the week.

EDIT: The Umpire even takes back his decision (Arms across the chest) and then signals dead ball. Yet, then gives the run out. :D

Think the umpires confused themselves after talking. Obviously an error.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
I don't always agree with Boycott, but the below (from BBC Cricket) is spot on:

"England have been preparing for the World Cup for the last few months and then they switch things around in the first World Cup game. Gary Ballance came in, Ravi Bopara went out, James Taylor went from three to six and Stuart Broad took the new ball over Chris Woakes. They wait for the biggest match they've had to make these changes. Surely they had plans in place before today."

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Eion Morgan played brilliantly for Ireland today.

Users who are viewing this thread