India Team Discussion

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Has Jasprit Bumrah taken over as the Greatest Pacer of All Time for India?

Or does someone else still make it on the top?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Has Jasprit Bumrah taken over as the Greatest Pacer of All Time for India?

Or does someone else still make it on the top?
Probably in a year. For me its still Jaydev Unadkat

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The only others in contention are…

Kapil Dev

…and that’s about it.
Zaheer Khan? That man was instrumental in getting us the world cup in 2011. Single handedly carried the entire bowling lineup for years.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zaheer Khan? That man was instrumental in getting us the world cup in 2011. Single handedly carried the entire bowling lineup for years.
With due respect, I would say he was good or even among the best at one time but certainly not the greatest. To term one as "great" you need the world to sit up and take notice. ZK, I would say, made full use of his potential and served India well - that's for sure. But it wasn't like he was a generational talent.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
With due respect, I would say he was good or even among the best at one time but certainly not the greatest. To term one as "great" you need the world to sit up and take notice. ZK, I would say, made full use of his potential and served India well - that's for sure. But it wasn't like he was a generational talent.
But in respect to that while Bumrah has made the world to sit and watch but what is his impact on Indian Cricket team trophy cabinet?

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Zaheer was good and I grew up watching him bowl but he is no Bumrah. I feel like Bumrah could be argued to be the best pace bowler in cricket history if he gets more tests under his belt… Zaheer as good as he was is someways off that level.

But in respect to that while Bumrah has made the world to sit and watch but what is his impact on Indian Cricket team trophy cabinet?

Plenty of great players have nothing to show for in terms of trophies won either, don’t think that should impact his legacy when he’s a trailblazer for Indian cricket as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread