1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangladesh Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by MattW, Feb 1, 2015.

1. MattW Administrator

MattW
    PlanetCricket Award Winner Melbourne Stars Big Ant
    National Team:
    Discussion thread for the Bangladesh Cricket Team

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Radical said thanks for this.
  2. SpitfiresKent ICC Board Member

SpitfiresKent
    ZIM...
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent
    Bangladesh have lost both of their warm up matches against the Cricket Australia XI.

3. Pinch hitter ICC Board Member

Pinch hitter
    RCB... Lannisters India
    AKA:
    Raghu
    I may not see Bangladesh doing good in this world cup...

4. A.R123 Max Guest

Bangladesh team requires a talented XI. All the problem they are facing is talent. I hope Bangladeshis get that talent soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 15, 2015 ---
    Well Shakib was supposed to be the cap.

5. IceAgeComing Retired Administrator

IceAgeComing
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Sussex and Union Saint Gilloise
    so to be good at cricket you need a good team. thanks for the radical insight!!!!!

Rabbit Hood, Simon, shravi and 1 other person thanked this.
  6. A.R123 Max Guest

Team Work....

shravi said thanks for this.
  7. Radical Club Captain

Radical
    National Team:
    Bangladesh
    Domestic Team:
    Abahani Limited, Barisal Burners
    Talent is not the problem. We have talents. Problem is the mindset and teamwork. Our cricket infrastructure has a lot to blame for that.

8. SpitfiresKent ICC Board Member

SpitfiresKent
    ZIM...
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent
    You have a very good bowling coach in Heath Streak, it will be interesting to see how your seamers go in the WC, especially Taskin.

grkrama and Radical thanked this.
  9. Radical Club Captain

Radical
    National Team:
    Bangladesh
    Domestic Team:
    Yes, I guess that paid off today. All three front line seamers have done well to wrap up the Afghans. That was a comfortable victory for us. A great way to kickoff the World Cup. Good luck to Zimbabwe for their match against the West Indies.

SpitfiresKent said thanks for this.
  10. Karachi Club Captain

Why so serious here? :D

The propagator of the Big-3 Plan undone by the team that the plan aimed to undo.

Even lot of Pakistanis were jubilant. Congratz BD !!! :)

11. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    I was absolutely delighted to read BD pulled it off this morning. More power to them

12. Simon Keep Austin Weird

Simon
    The Amigos
    We got lucky in literally all the matches except the Scotland one because the middle order batsmen were able to clean up the crap Tamim left over. I think it really is a time to think of a different opening pair - I know there aren't many alternatives but I think it's worth a try to give Soumya and Imrul a go together in the New Zealand game. I mean, there's nothing to lose because we already qualified, and Tamim made a point of how worthless he is with that dropped catch.

I can see us having more of a chance of extending our winning run against NZ without Tamim than with him. Not a big chance but still a comparatively bigger one when we're playing with 11 instead of 10.

13. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    Didn't Tamim score a 100 ball 95 against Scotland ?

Radical said thanks for this.
  14. Radical Club Captain

Radical
    National Team:
    Bangladesh
    Domestic Team:
    Sometimes we forget this not a national but an international website. Our emotional talks won't have any impact here.

15. Simon Keep Austin Weird

Simon
    The Amigos
    Those are not "emotional talks", lol. I acknowledge the fact that there aren't many alternatives for Tamim in that position, but someone needs to get stuff done up there instead of scewing things at the top every single game.

Taking a look at his most recent ODIs:

2 (7) vs England
    95 (100) vs Scotland
    0 (2) vs Sri Lanka
    19 (42) vs Afghanistan
    10 (15) vs Zimbabwe
    16 (34) vs Zimbabwe
    40 (63) vs Zimbabwe
    76 (98) vs Zimbabwe
    5 (15) vs Zimbabwe

He just got two fifties, averaging 29.22. I'm not saying he should get a fifty in every match, but look at how many deliveries he has wasted. Including those two innings, he has a strike rate of 69.94. As an opener, if you're going slow, you should be building a big score but Tamim hasn't even gotten close to that, mostly getting out before his 20s.

Even before that, if you take a look at the entire calendar year of 2014 till today, he just had 3 50s, the strike rate is slightly higher at 70.25 and the average at 27.50. That's not the kind of figures you'd want to see for an opening batsman. Anamul, in the same time frame, has had an average of 36.26 and a slightly lower strike rate, but he has had two more 50+ scores which he has converted to hundreds, that too against West Indies and Pakistan. He also tends to waste balls like Tamim, but he still has a few decent 20-50 scores. He has had several poor innings too, but has also done quite well on several occasions. Tamim hasn't.

Also, look at the manner in which Tamim has been dismissed. Most of them have been due to poor execution or shot selection of his own - to me it doesn't even look like he's trying as hard as he should. His performance today (including today) was just the tip of the iceberg - he has consistently even disappointing and I think it's high time we tried something new.

With nothing to lose in the next game, I don't see why that can't be now.

SixerBoy11 said thanks for this.