MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A thread to discuss the progress of Group A, who's likely to make it out of the group, and the matches involved.

Group A:
Afghanistan
Australia
England
Bangladesh
New Zealand
Scotland
Sri Lanka

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well that was an interesting inning from New Zeland. They started brilliantly but then they were restricted for sometime by Lakmal and then again ended with a boom with Corey Anderson. Corey Anderson is absolutely ridiculous at the end of the inning. The amount of power he has is incredible. It will be difficult for Sri Lanka to chase this one.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea, its really very hard for Lankans to chase out 331 but cricket is a game in which we can't decide the winer untill the last ball bowled. Though the Aussies have lolst 3 quick wickets they are still the firm favourite to win this match.

Group at on 18th March may look similar to this:
New Zealand
Austrtalia
Sri Lanka
Englamnd
Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Scotland.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Vettori is bowling really well. Good to see his fitness after almost 2 or3 years

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
NZ are in some form! The batting is clicking and so is the bowling. Wow. Love how they go out and express themselves. This might well be their cup!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
You just dont drop Finch on 0 do you ??

Australia 342/9 50.0 ov

1st Century in ICC CWC 15: Aaron Finch
1st Hattrick in ICC CWC 15: Steven Finn

Highest Succesful Chase at the MCG is 297

3.40:Australia's win-loss ratio since the start of 2014, the best among all teams in that period. England's is 0.58

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So I guess we're hoping to finish 4th. No way are we beating NZ and Sri Lanka will be tough!

Didn't see the NZ game but sounded like they were great. Can anyone fill me in on what happened?

D

Dutch

Its not fair that England have to play in a group that doesn't consist of other third rate asscociate wannabe's

PokerAce

Banned
So I guess we're hoping to finish 4th. No way are we beating NZ and Sri Lanka will be tough!

Didn't see the NZ game but sounded like they were great. Can anyone fill me in on what happened?

McCullum went nuts at the start, and then Williamson and Guptill Consolidated. there was a bit of an issue when Kiwis lost 2 quick wickets around 180s or so, but then Anderson stepped up and delivered a good finish at the end.

With the ball the Kiwis just ran away with it. Kiwis, were emphatic really.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
McCullum went nuts at the start, and then Williamson and Guptill Consolidated. there was a bit of an issue when Kiwis lost 2 quick wickets around 180s or so, but then Anderson stepped up and delivered a good finish at the end.

With the ball the Kiwis just ran away with it. Kiwis, were emphatic really.

I've always liked NZ because I used to love Vettori when I was younger, so I will be supporting them once England get knocked out!

Sounds like a great match from the Kiwis.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
NZ and Australia got off to the start they were supposed to. England have been made to look bad but I think they'll beat just about everyone in this group except NZ and Aus.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Regarding the James Anderson run out, what was Taylor on about? It was so straightforward. After being hit on the pads, Taylor took a run and when the ball was still live, Anderson was run out. Taylor then gestured for DRS. The ball becomes dead only after the DRS is gestured for.

So Anderson was indeed out. But this was a very interesting scenario where you have to do multiple reviews (one for DRS and one for the run out).

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Regarding the James Anderson run out, what was Taylor on about? It was so straightforward.

Kind of ironic that it is so straight forward that you haven't grasped it. The ball went dead when the Umpire gave him out for LBW.

D

Dutch

Just listened to Morgans answer to the question as to why Ballance was bought in...... Because he had shown such good form in Test Cricket...... Feck me, we are doomd, utterly, utterly doomed...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Disastrous start for Scotland

Users who are viewing this thread