World Cup Group B - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

PokerAce

Banned
Should I bet on B'desh to win ... suggestions guys pls. 288 on small ground kiwis should still win. However B'desh have those slow spinners t tie down the scoring.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Correct me if am wrong but Amla was appointed the test captain last year, had his head steady in the series against the WI.
Many people wanted ABD as the Test captain as well, in the end it seems they made the right decision, yes he had the home series loss vs Australia, but these 2 teams have an habit of doing this to each other, going as far back to 2009 I believe and ofc I give him a pass on it being his 1st series captaining the side.

And I second those calling for Faf.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Big opportunity for West Indies to boost their NRR to pip Pakistan. If they can do that, then Ireland vs Pakistan will be a knockout. And luckily, the games are the last of the league and happen one after the other.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do you guys think Binny, Axar, Rayudu, Bhuvi will get a look in against ZIM ? I think MSD will stick with the current lineup - maybe Axar in place of Ashwin or Jadeja and Bhuvi for one of the seamers.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Do you guys think Binny, Axar, Rayudu, Bhuvi will get a look in against ZIM ? I think MSD will stick with the current lineup - maybe Axar in place of Ashwin or Jadeja and Bhuvi for one of the seamers.

I don't think so. Maybe Bhuvi will get a game, but I dont see any other changes being made.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
In order to test the batting further, India should try to bat first today. Eden Park should be challenging for the batsmen and India want to test their batting strength out on this pitch.

And for god's sake, get the likes of Raina, Rohit and Jadeja more batting time than Dhawan/Rahane/Kohli. Raina and Jadeja need to get into some sort of flow before the knockouts begin.

PokerAce

Banned

Perhaps one or two changes are likely, and perhaps Ashwin and Shami could get a rest. However short of thse two alterations, I don't really see any changes. Perhaps the batting order could be rotated a little bit to give Jadeja a bit of a hit and perhaps even Raina. Those are the changes really.

PokerAce

Banned
In order to test the batting further, India should try to bat first today. Eden Park should be challenging for the batsmen and India want to test their batting strength out on this pitch.

And for god's sake, get the likes of Raina, Rohit and Jadeja more batting time than Dhawan/Rahane/Kohli. Raina and Jadeja need to get into some sort of flow before the knockouts begin.

Don;t u think the Test side is quite different from the ODI one fr this to really serve as a meaningful test practise session. I do agree the lower order getting some batting would be a good idea.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Don;t u think the Test side is quite different from the ODI one fr this to really serve as a meaningful test practise session. I do agree the lower order getting some batting would be a good idea.

For the pressure of the knockouts, I would like our batting to get a good test. Barring Pakistan and SA, we have not really been pushed as far as batting goes in this tournament. And even against Pakistan and SA, we made it look too easy.

Most importantly, I want the likes of Jadeja and Raina to get a good hit. I wouldn't mind at all if Dhoni promotes Jadeja to No.3 and Raina at No.4

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
bowling first after winning the toss

interesting

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Disappointing that India have chosen to bowl first. India need batting practice more than bowling practice. Yes we had two 300+ games at the beginning of the tournament, but after that its all been about chasing mostly low totals (due to India blowing out teams with their bowling). Even the last game, the top four finished it off crushingly and the rest didn't get enough opportunities.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This thrashing for Ashwin has probably come at the right time for him. Hopefully he shrugs it off quick. Once they started consistently hitting him, his pace went up and as a consequence, his bowling became more blunt. Hope its not a recurrence of his old days.

India's intensity looks off today, and I hope its deliberate to reserve energies for the knockouts.

Could Zimbabwe be the first team in this tournament to not lose all 10 wkts to India?Can't say but as of now it looks possible.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
300+ chase on hands. @SaiSrini you will be happy with this for sure .. batsman will get to have a go at it

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is where India struggles. When the spinners are attacked and don't take wickets in the middle overs. It was excellent to see Sean Williams taking on an in form Ashwin and put him under pressure. Also this is a brilliant inning by Brendan Taylor.

Users who are viewing this thread