MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thread to discuss Group B, who will make it out of the pool and the matches.

India
Ireland
Pakistan
South Africa
UAE
West Indies
Zimbabwe

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thopugh the men in blue are in worse of their form and its my feeling tjhat they gonna finish on no.1 followed by South Sfrica, Ireland and Pakistan. Yea, Ireland on no 3 as they are looking good as we've seen the warm-ups and the Paks are not all going to do something extraordinary an may go out in the pool matches. Zimbabwe too can qualify over Pakistan and Carrebians. The Winduies are in worse of their form + they haven't done a perfect selection on leaving ot Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Polard and the suspension of Sunil Narine.

This group would look similar to this:
India
South Africa
Ireland
Zimbabwe
Pakistan
West Indies
UAE.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'd predict:
South Africa
Pakistan
India
Zimbabwe
Ireland
West Indies
UAE

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not really sure about India. But, I agree about Zimbabwe. The way they have performed in the warmups, they might actually make it to the top 4. West Indies' form isn't that great and it won't be a surprise if they crash out. India might make way for Ireland or even Windies. I have zero faith in our bowling and with the Aus/NZ conditions, our batting isn't going to put up 300 everytime. Really preparing myself for our first round exit.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not really sure about India. But, I agree about Zimbabwe. The way they have performed in the warmups, they might actually make it to the top 4. West Indies' form isn't that great and it won't be a surprise if they crash out. India might make way for Ireland or even Windies. I have zero faith in our bowling and with the Aus/NZ conditions, our batting isn't going to put up 300 everytime. Really preparing myself for our first round exit.
No bro, please don't think that. Be Positive.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Zimbabwe are actually off to a spectacular start here, pulling SA down to 22-2. Let's see how they go here. Can follow this until the big one starts in a few hours. :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe's bowling is better than us.

I was about to post that. our bowlers could learn a thing or two from these guys. Very disciplined. Even after getting hit for a six, chigumbura kept his length intact. And prized with a wicket

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well, well, well

Catches win matches, they say .. hmm ..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I see that Dav Whatmore is the coach of Zimbabwe. Maybe a reason why Zimbabwe look better than expected?

What a catch that was!! Should most definitely feature in the best catches list for this World Cup.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Heard that India won the toss and are batting first. Hmm, that's a brave decision considering the kind of bowlers we have. But based on our warmup game vs Australia and vs Afghanistan (both in Adelaide), the team batting first has the ability to rake up big totals and also win the game.

Let's hope the batsmen of India click big and get a big score. Edit: The team for India is as I expected. Kumar doesn't play and Mohit Sharma plays along with Yadav and Shami.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Very unsurprising team for India. Pitch report says its a flat track. Batting first makes me nervous

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
There's something too special on today in commentary box which usually had been a ordinary thing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread