World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pre-seeded teams have been allotted quarter-final venues. Irrespective of the positions they finish in, they will be playing at that respective location on the given date.

Sri Lanka on 18th March (Sydney)
England on 19th March (Melbourne), now Bangladesh
Australia on 20th March (Adelaide)
New Zealand on 21st March (Wellington)

The position at which the above teams finish shall dictate their opposition from Group A. This has been done to ensure that people supporting their favourite teams do not have to wait until the last moment to book their tickets. So a Sri Lankan fan will book the Sydney match on 18th March.

You mean "Group B", right? Coz the above teams are from Group A.

Its actually wierd that Group A teams get to pick their venues well in advance. Group B has the big teams like India, Pakistan and South Africa (esp. India) which have a large fan contingent and they cannot tell where India is going to play its QF and/or SF.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yes, my mistake- Group B

The ICC has always allotted venues on the basis of 'team-seedings'. So,doesn't come as a big surprise to me at all.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They've done it this way because both the hosts are in group A

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Could this be the breakout tournament for Bangladesh just like '96 was for SL? For too long they have flattered to deceive, but now they have made it to the knockout stage for the first time. And suddenly they seem very solid and confident.

Not many teams have been able to stand up to New Zealand like the BD have. The way Mahmudullah and co. took apart the bowling in death will definitely flutter a few feathers in the kiwi camp. I cant support BD if they meet India for obvious reasons, but I am quite delighted to see them throwing solid punches and performing to the best of their abilities

Users who are viewing this thread