England Team Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think I would rather see Brook tried at three than Pope right now. Based on his frankly ridiculous form and the fact that he's not had 30 Tests to show he's a cardboard cutout against anything that resembles spin
Will be a shame to not see Brook get a chance to be honest, I suppose they could go with Bairstow taking the gloves.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Will be a shame to not see Brook get a chance to be honest, I suppose they could go with Bairstow taking the gloves.
Brook at five and Bairstow at seven definitely makes most sense. Possibly also with Bohannon at three...

I like Foakes and think he'd be hard done by to get dropped, but his biggest point of difference is as a keeper to spin, so if England aren't planning to pick a wicket-taking spinner then I don't think he makes the strongest case to be picked

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Brook at five and Bairstow at seven definitely makes most sense. Possibly also with Bohannon at three...

I like Foakes and think he'd be hard done by to get dropped, but his biggest point of difference is as a keeper to spin, so if England aren't planning to pick a wicket-taking spinner then I don't think he makes the strongest case to be picked
Was interesting to learn that Bohannon was also in the fewer county centuries than Ben Compton club.

Aislabie

Ireland
Was interesting to learn that Bohannon was also in the fewer county centuries than Ben Compton club.
Yeah, Ben Compton has really exposed a bunch of people for the frauds they are. It would be interesting to know how close he is to the front of the queue

Aislabie

Ireland
Here's to 100 more tests...

View attachment 266950
It's also worth noting that the 84 (scores were 62 and 84, not 64 and 82) came against the likes of Emilio Gay, Ricardo Vasconcelos and Ben Curran (who eventually got him out). Closest thing you ever get to free runs.

I am very disappointed in Northants for not helping commit to the sub-30 average meme

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
It's also worth noting that the 84 (scores were 62 and 84, not 64 and 82) came against the likes of Emilio Gay, Ricardo Vasconcelos and Ben Curran (who eventually got him out). Closest thing you ever get to free runs.

I am very disappointed in Northants for not helping commit to the sub-30 average meme

First thing I though of was that he'd crushed your dreams

Aislabie

Ireland
Would have been considerably more likely if Northants had just done their bit and got him out cheaply though

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 267109

I thought Jamie Porter "doesn't have the pace to trouble international batsmen"
Back to back T20 scores for Brook as well, 72 (48) last night and 60* (27) against Worcestershire.

Just put him all 3 England teams for the next 10 years and forget about it, anything else just looks silly at this point.

Great stuff from Porter as well. Got a proper soft spot for him after a fabulous three year stint for me at Yorkshire in Cricket Captain 2019. Him and Ben Coad absolutely destroyed teams!

Users who are viewing this thread