England vs Sri Lanka - First Test :: Sponsored by Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since there are 78 players, you need to have the right players in all spots.

I don't have Strauss, Vaas, Jayawardene and Mahmood, so it's looking pretty bad for me now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well you can have one mistake like not picking the right batter. Not everyone will have Mahmood. Strauss has canceled out Collingwood for me. Jayawardene will be the problem, I'll need Upul to bat again and make a big one.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
go mahmood!!!!!

im defintely bleeding over leaving out Petersen to take samaraweera though, i hope that the SRL batsmen put up a better fight in the next innings..soon to follow on .

although if jayawardena and maharoof put on a big partnership ill be in the running.

Dont ya just love it when a risky pick pays off Aussie? :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sure do :) I just hope my punt of picking Upul over Jayawardene doesn't come back and bite my on the ass. Hopefully SL get rolled quickly or the tail bat it out. I definitely don't need maharoof getting runs along with Jayawardene.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
Ok, I'm done in this one. I don't have Pietersen and I have Samaraweera. :crying

Mahmood will get to bowl again so we arent written off yet!

also a lot of people do not have jayawardena AND petersen, or they dont have strauss or cook, so that minimises the KP damage a bit. but yes, it does make things tougher.

i originally had dilshan and samaraweera because i felt SRL would bat twice to englands once, but i luckily dropped dilshan for Strauss when i saw england were going to bat first.

however i have never like petersen as a player and it affected my judgement i have noone to blame but myself.

aussie1st said:
Sure do :) I just hope my punt of picking Upul over Jayawardene doesn't come back and bite my on the ass. Hopefully SL get rolled quickly or the tail bat it out. I definitely don't need maharoof getting runs along with Jayawardene.

Yes i considered both SRL openers too young/new/inexperienced against the second or third best bowling attack in the world (Hoggard and Flintoff along with Mahmood, who i have been watching develop), its a great fast swing attack.

i always felt the only batsmen who might get runs for SRL would be jayawardena (has 200+ at Lords), samaraweera (bats too low) and Sangakarra (is unpredictable, but bad to leave him out..and theres no way im picking Jones who shouldnt even be in the England team)

sid_19840

International Coach
Ive had a decent game so far,Cook and Pietersen fired for me even though I missed out on Tresco and with the ball all six wickets were taken by the SL bowlers were selected by myself,but I think the big miss personally would be Mahmood,I didnt expect him to do so well.But there's still a slim chance for me to atleast make it to the top 5.

irottev

School Cricketer
FLintoff shoulda batted longer :( hes my captain. lol. I hope he and Plunkett gets some wickets and Mahmood gets none. I hope Jaywardene gets a nice score above 50 and then I hope Sangakara gets a better score in seconed innings along with Kapugadura, who was my rough selection.

Man I wish I took Cook instead. I didn't really believe that every batsmen in England's line up would make 50 odd.

I need Plunkett to at least give me a few points, 0 or negative would be very annoying. Then Hoggard and Flintoff need to clean up the rest.

I am in pretty good poisition I rekon, but to win the grand prize I will need Plunkett and Kapugadura to perform. Plus my captain Flintoff.

I'd be pleased with a second or third :)

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
I'm doing fairly well so far Pieterson, Trescothick in with the runs. Mahmood and Murali both taking 3 wickets, Vaas and Hoggard chiming in with a couple. My only downfall so far is that I picked Samaweera who got a duck.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
I'm kicking myself for picking Bell :p

But I picked Pietersen with a bonus. Why did I pick Plunkett, I really must of been on something then :p

Monty and Hoggy better not let me down today, I have bonuses on both of them :D

Sureshot

Executive member
I told you on about the second page Bell wasn't playing, that was known on Tuesday he wouldn't play!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Plunketts the one letting me down at the moment. Mahmood instead of him and perhaps Jayawardene instead of Samawarene and I don't think I could have improved on that. As it is, regretting those two decisions. Ah well :p

irottev

School Cricketer
Mahmood isn't bowling so well now. Plunkett just got an edge and Strauss dropped it.

Simple chance really. Thats a poor miss. Plunkett could of done with the conferdance and I could of done with the points. Grrr! lol

Users who are viewing this thread