Story England's 2010/11 Ashes Tour-ENG vs AUS - 1st Test - ENG 91/2 Lunch

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
England need to improve alot if they want to stand a chance in the ashes, personally I think this Chater guy should be dropped ;) :p

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England need to improve alot if they want to stand a chance in the ashes, personally I think this Chater guy should be dropped ;) :p

bit harsh if you ask me ;).... but i suppose he may have to if he doesnt improve, especially with Broad back

6ry4nj

International Coach
England used their second-string bowling lineup (Shahzad, Bresnan, Tremlett, Panesar) for this game in real-life. Their first Test bowlers were already selected and in Brisbane getting used to the conditions.

Roofrom50

International Coach
The English batsmen need a big match here. The top 4 batsmen have a big role to play in this match. Most of those 4 batsmen need a big score here, ecspecially Pietersen as i see him being the key for England in this up-coming Ashes Series.
How about Jonathan Trott making 1 run in 3 innings. That is astounding! :eek:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England batsman should play better in this match then they did in their last match against Redbacks. Loosing to Redbacks would have been a little shocking for the England team but now it's sure that we will see a better performance from them in this match against Australia A.

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Ashes Tour - ENG vs Aus A - Match Drawn

SkySports.png

Match Drawn in rain affected match

EngvsAASummary.jpg

Text-5.png

Match Highlights with Scorecards

Australia A 1st Innings

England 1st Innings

Australia A 2nd Innings

Last edited by a moderator:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Australia A's second innings was much better then their first. Hughes played well in the second, and Tim Paine played a helping hand in both innings. It would of been better to see a result, but the rain washed away the game. Damn mother nature :rolleyes

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Ashes Tour - ENG vs AUS - 1st Test - Teams Announced

SkySports.png

England vs Australia 1st Test Teams Announced

ashes-with-strauss-ponting3_jx4Jd_17022.jpg

Selectors announce teams for first Test in Brisbane

text5.png

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both the sides have named their full strengthened squad. Looking forward to the 1st Ashes test.

Keep up the good work, Chater. :)

6ry4nj

International Coach
Half of England's attack (2 of 4 bowlers) only debuted this year? There's nothing in my research that indicates either of them should be in the team. Why can't England at least just make one mistake at a time?! :(

just_cricket

Club Captain
Just one question, why do you post the bulk of the writing as a picture file rather than just typing it out? In the latest update it looks a little blurred, you can tell it isn't normal text...

That aside, it will be interesting to see how this first test goes. Australia have a strong side but I'm tipping England to play better cricket and shade the key moments, enough to win the match.

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Just one question, why do you post the bulk of the writing as a picture file rather than just typing it out? In the latest update it looks a little blurred, you can tell it isn't normal text...

in the earlier updates, the sky sports banner at the top, was smaller than it is now. So when I would type normally on here, the writing would look way out of sync with the picture, but ive only just noticed that the banner is back to its full size now. Thanks for showing me lol

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
England need their top order to fire, unlike in the warm up games if they want to stand a chance in the test match.

Chater1703

School Cricketer
SkySports.png

England vs Australia Day 1 Morning Session

Siddle.jpg

England reach lunch at 91/2 after late wicket of Strauss

The first session of this Ashes series ended with both teams in an even position, with England 91/2. However, Australian will perhaps be the slightly happier side as they were able to get the wicket of the England captain in the over before lunch.

After winning the toss, the England Captain took no time to announce his decision to bat on the dry looking pitch. With the anthems played and the ground full to its capacity, Strauss,Cook and the Australian team took their places in the middle. With echos of Steve Harmison's first delivery 4 years ago the job of bowling the first ball was giving to Mitchell Johnson which was left well alone by Strauss. Strauss didn't waste any time in showing his attacking mentality as he struck his first 4 with just a few deliveries on the board. The bowling of Johnson was very much what the opening batsmen wanting as most of his deliveries were far to wide of the stumps with both Strauss and Cook capitalising on any wide ball and hitting it towards the ropes.

While Johnson was leaking runs at one end, Ryan Harris was bowling economically as he was able to restrict the free scoring batsmen. It was a suprise that when the first bowling change was made, Harris was replaced by Siddle while Johnson continued to bowl tamely. Strauss and Cook looked in brilliant form as they were in full control of any shot they played and with England's top order not been in the best of form lately, it was up to them to get a good start for England. The running between the wickets was constantly putting pressure on the Australian fielders as England were able to score quickly run 3's and force the Australians into conceding overthrows.

The first wicket to fall of this Ashes series was that of Cooks as he played onto his stumps of the bowling of Siddle, it was unfortunate for Cook as he had just began to look in good touch but had to depart the field for 34. It was a good opening partnership for Strauss and Cook as they had made 74 before Cooks departure. This meant that the player under most pressure in the England squad walked to the middle. Jonathan Trott hasn't had the best tour so far with scores of 0,0,1 and 12, but because of his fine form in the summer, the selectors decided to stick with him. If he had any nerves at all, they would have gone with a fine strike to the boundary to get him off the mark. There was however, a nervy moment for him as a ball from Hauritz jst missed both the edge of his bat and the stumps. With England looking comfortably going into the lunch break for just the loss of Cook, Harris was able to just give Australia a slight boost ahead of the next session as he made Strauss edge a ball behind into the waiting gloves of Haddin. Again the batsmen would have been slightly disapointed with himself as he was looking good to get his half century but feel for 37.

The next session of play will be intresting as Australia will have two relatively new batsmen at the crease to bowl to, with one out of form and the other one been a major wicket.

Morning Session Highlights

Scorecards

EnglandBattingScorecardvsAustralia1stInnings.jpg

AustraliaBowlingScorecardvsEngland1stInnings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roofrom50

International Coach
England have gotten off to a good start, but this is where i think the Australian's went wrong. Don't have Mitchell Johnson open the bowling in tests matches. Ryan Harris and Peter Siddle should of opened the bowling as they seem to be a better bowling pair. Johnson should have come in now to start bowling to a new batsman, as i believe Johnson has more variety and can surprise the batsman more then the first 2 bowlers.

Anyway good update mate, loving the work, keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread