England's tour of India - 2021

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I came online two or three times but didn't post to not Jinx Sharma Ji. Bit disappointed he didn't kick on and Rahane needs to really stop pre meditating. That was just poor! I don't think this is some insane performance by India. We should have piled on 600 to just hammer England into the ground but it seems as if we will be fortunate to get near 400.

I definitely don't think India are miles ahead but ya, nose slightly ahead. Bloke in the opposition has made almost three consecutive doubles. England will miss Buttler on this track.

Kohli's dismissal and denial today is a fine example of his personality in a good way and his delusional traits as a captain. I personally found that hilarious! We now need a third umpire for bowled out. Just remove these umpires.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think this pitch is going to be much harder to bat on than the first test pitch. Whereas 450-500 was a first inns minimum then, I think anything over 300 is par and 350+ is good.

England have had a decent day but need to be excellent with the new ball tomorrow then bat very well. Given the balls going through the top of the surface already I’d be happy enough if I was India.
Kohli said as much as that toss. 'Pitch will fall apart on day 2 so obviously we are batting first.' Or something to that effect.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
International cricket in India and with crowds. Felt so good, while watching the highlights.

Cant fault the pitch much. Well 300-6 on Day 1 says everyone had their moments, both batsman and bowlers. I know the expectation is that this pitch will disintegrate faster, but lets see it before we train our guns on it. Read somewhere that 'they rolled the middle of the pitch really well to ensure it holds up, but didn't roll the front and backend areas enough so that it gives turn from Day 1". Fair enough, to create the home advantage. If India had lost the toss, I think England would have batted similarly too.

Great knock from Rohit and a very good one from Rahane. Boy, Rahane really needed it in times where pressure is being put on his spot by people who are worried that he could take up full time captaincy in test matches after that epic showing in Australia. Kinda wish he went on to a hundred, but that 67 on this track is already invaluable.

I came online two or three times but didn't post to not Jinx Sharma Ji. Bit disappointed he didn't kick on and Rahane needs to really stop pre meditating. That was just poor! I don't think this is some insane performance by India. We should have piled on 600 to just hammer England into the ground but it seems as if we will be fortunate to get near 400.

I definitely don't think India are miles ahead but ya, nose slightly ahead. Bloke in the opposition has made almost three consecutive doubles. England will miss Buttler on this track.

Kohli's dismissal and denial today is a fine example of his personality in a good way and his delusional traits as a captain. I personally found that hilarious! We now need a third umpire for bowled out. Just remove these umpires.

True... What made Kohli even think that he was not clean bowled? How the heck did they even go upstairs for it? It felt like Kohli in his mind was way too confident that he was going to feast on the runs and when he got bowled without scoring, he couldn't take it.

aitorita12

Club Cricketer
Once again, Pant has been reckless. He could just have easily been dismissed in single figures. Problem is, if Pant scores runs tomorrow then he'll be backed unconditionally for 5 years. God knows hes been backed long enough.

Any bets on him dropping 10+ catches? Though I'm Indian, it was a pleasure to Foakes keep. I hope Pant drops a few tomorrow, we're winning this game anyway. His poor keeping has to be shown up. I'd go for Saha or even Kl Rahul over him, if we want batting, as KL is easily a better Test batsman

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Once again, Pant has been reckless. He could just have easily been dismissed in single figures. Problem is, if Pant scores runs tomorrow then he'll be backed unconditionally for 5 years. God knows hes been backed long enough.

Any bets on him dropping 10+ catches? Though I'm Indian, it was a pleasure to Foakes keep. I hope Pant drops a few tomorrow, we're winning this game anyway. His poor keeping has to be shown up. I'd go for Saha or even Kl Rahul over him, if we want batting, as KL is easily a better Test batsman
He saved India's ass couple of times in the past weeks.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
umpire asked for replay. Kohli stood there, looking bemused and asked what happened. didn’t leave... can only assume he thought keeper must have whipped the bails and claimed a stumping, which as we know the umpire wouldn’t have given

Ah I see. Glad he was bowled then :D

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
International cricket in India and with crowds. Felt so good, while watching the highlights.

Cant fault the pitch much. Well 300-6 on Day 1 says everyone had their moments, both batsman and bowlers. I know the expectation is that this pitch will disintegrate faster, but lets see it before we train our guns on it. Read somewhere that 'they rolled the middle of the pitch really well to ensure it holds up, but didn't roll the front and backend areas enough so that it gives turn from Day 1". Fair enough, to create the home advantage. If India had lost the toss, I think England would have batted similarly too.

Great knock from Rohit and a very good one from Rahane. Boy, Rahane really needed it in times where pressure is being put on his spot by people who are worried that he could take up full time captaincy in test matches after that epic showing in Australia. Kinda wish he went on to a hundred, but that 67 on this track is already invaluable.

True... What made Kohli even think that he was not clean bowled? How the heck did they even go upstairs for it? It felt like Kohli in his mind was way too confident that he was going to feast on the runs and when he got bowled without scoring, he couldn't take it.

His ego and stature led to that referral. Honestly, it's really pathetic. I still rue that damned Sydney test and how we were treated like second class citizens on that tour and now it's just so damn obvious with Kohli that any call related to an Indian in a crunch situation is at least verified to ensure India doesn't get hard done by. It's absolutely pathetic.

I think the way England reacted and dealt with everything today was very very classy and the sign of a great side and very reminiscent of the Indian side in the 00. I don't blame Kohli for this. I blame those door knobs on the field and the power we have given to Kohli. I remember Dharmasena once literally told Bopara in the champion's trophy final to almost fuc/< off and today was 10x worse.

I see a lot of posts on various platforms now saying Kohli hasn't made a ton in 32 odd knocks and as usual the hardcore SRT fans derive some sick joy in it. I think they're in for a rude time ahead because Kohli can reel off 8-10 tons in no time if he gets one. This pathetic lust for numbers in our country will never allow us to be like the Aussie sides of 00 because we are too damn focussed on the personal achievements even if our very own is already on the top!!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
umpire asked for replay. Kohli stood there, looking bemused and asked what happened. didn’t leave... can only assume he thought keeper must have whipped the bails and claimed a stumping, which as we know the umpire wouldn’t have given

Kohli's instant reaction to every time he gets out is always that he's not to blame. It's like his PC when India loses. I don't remember his reaction in the first innings of the first test but he made it very clear in Adelaide that Rahane was to blame for the run out. He was right, but the way he behaved piled the pressure on Rahane and he immediately got out. Compare that to Rahane being run out in Melbourne by Jadeja and his reaction towards it and Kohli looks like a fool. I think his reaction in the second innings of the first test of this series was understandable, but still a reaction. Today was simply abominable.

It's a consistent theme with him. He also wastes a lot of reviews because of this sort of attitude and the only other batsman I can think of is Shane Watson. Australia always started a review less thanks to him.

If I post this on twitter I'll have me a million Indians abusing my family and wishing I die.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
One thing I don't understand and I hope my fellow posters have seen the PC.

Why has Rohit given a verbal PPT on how to bat on this track? I mean, I just don't get it. And does this management sleep? Should they not brief Rohit that he is not to reveal his plans before the test match is over? Does this even need a briefing?

This English side has come very well prepared and now instead of them having to make up their minds and get out while trying (some of them) the mindset for the batters should be very simplified. It just mystifies me how this happens in this day and age.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Most of Rohit's dismissal are due to his uncontrolled aggression and his questionable shot selection in pressure situations.
No doubt you have seen more of him than I as he has likely played much of his cricket on your shores where he averages a whopping @83 but a measly @22 abroad. The fact he has only played 36 Tests since his 2013 debut tells me he has never cemented his spot due to his inconsistency over his lack of a solid technique against the moving ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread