Story England's tour of the Caribbean

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
GEOFF BOYCOTT: As my mother used to say the proof is in the Yorkshire pudding. I didn't get to where I am today by giving up my wicket cheaply and I will be waiting to see if Michael Vaughan can let his cricket do the talking. Good to see Goughie in the one day squad, he plays his cricket with plenty of heart and guts and there's not enough of that in English cricket today.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
"Welcome to Trinidad for the 3rd game of England's tour. This is the tour game against Trinidad and England have rung the changes. Simon Jones and Ricky Clarke have been given a run in the middle, taking over from Harmison who is being rested, and Anderson, whose place is questionable. Clarke should strengthen the batting line up and is looking to grab an all-rounder's place.

"Andy Strauss comes into the side to open, with Trescothick working on his game in the nets. The final change is Jamie Foster behind the stumps. The keeper's place is undecided here with Chris Read working on his batting. If Foster puts in a good performance he may sneak in to the test side.

"The pitch looks normal, but it is blisteringly hot here for the first day's play. A good toss to win and I'm sure a bat is in order.

"Vaughn calls Tails... and the coin comes down heads. Trinidad will bat so no surprise there. I have a feeling both sides will toil here on a slow, low pitch."

Attachments

• squads.jpg
    squads.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 50

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
"At lunch on the first day, England's bowlers are glad to be off the pitch and in the showers. England will probably feel reasonbly pleased with Trinidad reaching 72/3 at lunch. Runs were hard to come by even though the ball was doing nothing at all. The openers looked comfortable reaching 24 when Jackson went for a huge heave through the covers and fell to an excellent catch from Strauss in Freddie's first over. Giles came on for a brief spell before lunch and got the wickets of Jan, edging to Thorpe in the slips, and Bravo who fell to the last ball of the session trying to bash Giles through the covers. Thorpe again with the catch."

Jackson is out to the "Kitchen Sink Shot"

Attachments

• giles dive.jpg
    giles dive.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 51

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
"Its now tea, and thank @*$? for that.

"34 runs and 1 wicket off 27 overs.

"Roberts got so bored out there he padded up to a straight ball. LBW to Giles.

"Trinidad 106/4.

"Crowd bored to tears!"

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
I know the feeling. The worst thing is that their confidence meter builds up and then they just start smashing everything!!

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
"Back to the cricket and Aggers..."

"Its 11:30 here in Trinidad and the home side have finally been dismissed for 265. A splendid session after tea yesterday certainly woke the crowd up. As predicted by Tigerdes, all the blocking and leaving before tea filled the batsmen with confidence. Ali, in particular may have played himself into a 1-day side with some furious clubbing including two massive sixes. He finally fell going for one cover drive too many and was caught by Giles from Freddie's bowling for 88.

"Trinidad reached 244/8 at the close with Ramnarine and Black batting strongly. A bizarre dismissal for Rampaul who was LBW ducking a short ball from Flintoff that did not bounce. Freddie bowled well to claim his final wicket bowling Black for 23 and England will be glad to get off the field in this perishing heat."

Black falls to Flintoff:

Attachments

• black bowled.jpg
    black bowled.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread