English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
United conceded 22 shots against Chelsea, 22 at Bolton, 20 against Arsenal, 21 against Spurs and 16 against West Brom. (they?ve allowed more shots than any other Premier League team)
But Still All The Five Teams Lost

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's an interesting stat. Are Utd playing too open or are opposition teams just trying to test De Gea as much as they can as they know he's under pressure?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can't believe Chelsea's boss compared Torres' miss to Rooney's! Rooney's was a penalty miss, caused by a slip - that can happen to anyone. Torres' miss however was in a class of its own! Bloody hilarious though! :lol

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
It's an interesting stat. Are Utd playing too open or are opposition teams just trying to test De Gea as much as they can as they know he's under pressure?

Seems the latter to me.

OptaJoe said:
35% - David de Gea has a made a PL-high 28 saves this season, already 35% of Van der Sar's total of 81 in 2010-11. Busy.

JBlues08

Club Captain

It's probably a bit of both IMO. There have many occasions this season where the opposition have sliced open the United's defence a little bit too easily and also, them testing De Gea with long shots from distance. That was fairly evident against Spurs as all they did that night was shooting from distance!

----------

I can't believe Chelsea's boss compared Torres' miss to Rooney's! Rooney's was a penalty miss, caused by a slip - that can happen to anyone. Torres' miss however was in a class of its own! Bloody hilarious though! :lol

Be careful of what you say there. ;)

Auwais

International Coach
Utd are playing very open this season, even more than their last open, attacking side of 2006/07 which was pretty secure in the middle with Carrick and Scholes.

Add in the fact that Rio and Vidic have been mostly unavailable so far this season and stats like that are no surprise.

It's very entertaining to watch though!

Auwais

International Coach
At least Rosenthal hit the woodwork, Torres fluffed his wide completely.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Keep 'em coming, Mancini. First, he reckons they can go to Bayern Munich and win, and now this little gem:

Manchester City - Roberto Mancini thinks side is short in midfield | Give Me Football

After how much they've spent this Summer? ?100m? ?200m? More? Absolutely priceless. Keep 'em coming. :lol :lol :lol

Torres' goal was one of the worst misses I've ever seen, partly because he could've actually taken a touch and just passed it into the empty net. He should've stayed with Liverpool. :yes

Edit: Fair enough - Rosenthal's miss was worse given that he was right in front of the goal. Both were bloody terrible though - I don't understand what's happened to Torres. Personally, if I was him, I'd get the hell out of Chelsea this January - and go back to Spain.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I thought he played well and he's going to get a lot better. Whenever Chelsea passed the ball quickly he looked good (which is what he was saying in that supposedly controversial interview). Mata is going to be a fantastic player for Chelsea and he'll get more out of Torres.

Lampard is the weak link though. Lacks the engine which made him so effective. His passing, creativity and defensive skills were never brilliant. It was his physical excellence that meant he did so well.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Torres for a bit looked back to his old self. The miss was horrendous though but we still deserved the points.

Its interesting we have played 3 potentially top 6 teams in our first 5 games winning all of them, but all of those games have been at home, which means the second half of the season will definitely be challenging.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
MasterBlaster76 said:
Personally, if I was him, I'd get the hell out of Chelsea this January - and go back to Spain.

Where to? He won't got to Real and Barcelona won't go for him. He won't go back to Atletico and play Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread