This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
attachment.php

Right, lets kick this off in style. I'll explain the entry process in a little bit, but as this is the FIRST time I'm running this, I want to give people plenty of time to enter and make the kit. Your deadline for final submission is SEPTEMBER 9th 2012 No entries will be accepted after this date. Now... what are you making?...

Cricket Australia T20 Kit 2010

I've tried to find a kit that hasn't been made in this forum, and to my knowledge there is only ONE that I could find here made by a user here. So I'll know if you've ripped/copied it. It's a really difficult looking kit for newbies and a good challenge for the more experienced. I've highlighted some elements in the splash graphic that you may or may not want to include.

Now, on to the rules:

1. Must be a 100% Original creation, made by you*
  2. You're welcome to interpret elements of the kit, but the main design elements MUST be included
  3. You can make it as detailed or as simple as you like
  4. The idea is you make the whole kit, what/any accessories you provide may/may not increase how many people vote for your kit
  5. Submissions MUST be made to me (Biggs) directly. You are NOT to post your kits here in this thread. Teaser images of your submissions are allowed before the voting round.

How to enter:

Send a PM to me (Biggs) with ONLY a screen-grab of your final kit in-game. Do NOT send me attachments of the in-game files for Cricket09. JUST you splash-image for entry. When the winner is announced, his files will be uploaded and you can download the winning kit to use in-game. Those who don't win, are then welcome to upload their kits to their own threads if they wish.

You can present these screen-grabs however you like using as MANY as you like. The better looking your presentation, the more likely your kit will get votes. I would suggest highlighting the elements you think make your kit the best within the image. BE CREATIVE with both the kit AND your presentation.

Included in the PM should be a short sentence on what makes your kit special. What have you done that is different to someone elses submission, or an element you changed or included that should get you more votes.

Take your time making the kit, there is no rush as submissions are not due until August 31st.​

Once I have received the submissions, I'll post them in this thread for people to vote on. Depending on the entries, this will either be done in-thread or as a poll. I'll see how many people enter before I decide on how to do this. Want to make it as interactive as possible, get people to provide feedback and their thoughts/reasons as to why their voting for a particular person.

What you win:

• Your Cricket 09 Mod Thread stickied for the month of October
  • Winner 'Medal' as seen in the splash image for your use as a signature, icon or however you wish (PSD files will be provided to the winner)
  • Medal will be "Unique" each month, you can only win it once
  • Your user-name will have a special colour-change for a month**

I thought a medal would be a neat "prize" to win first off, given the Olympics have been on. I may change it again for the next month to something different. Really don't know! If it's a success, I might get other people to submit an "award" to be won, perhaps the winner gets to make the next award?

I've included a few images to help you out making the kit, Feel free to post below any other supporting images you find if you want to help others out. As this is a competition, how you guys share information with each other is TOTALLY up to you. Any questions regarding the kit, or contest elements feel free to hit me up here in this thread...

NOTE: You're ALSO welcome to post TEASER images of your final kit in this thread as well, to get people talking about your entry. PROMOTE your work. Don't include the FULL KIT IMAGE, just a SNEAK preview perhaps of your work. Totally up to you guys how you want this to work. Open to any and all ideas

HAVE FUN :D

....and good luck!

* Note; Forum rules apply. If you submit a kit that has copied/ripped elements from someone else, you'll be banned. No excuses.

** To be confirmed

Attachments

• Mod Of The Month (September).jpg
    Mod Of The Month (September).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 623
  • Supporting Image.jpg
    Supporting Image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
great idea, hopefully it'll get more people interested in the modding of this game and hopefully improve quality too.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Really working hard..BTW;THAT CLOSING DATE IS MY BIRTHDAY.. :lol

...now that, is genuinely funny :lol

I'll have to delete your submission by "accident" as my gift to you :eek:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
What!?!?!?! Mate, I am already done with my shirt, it looks similar.. You're kidding right?

....guess you'll find out on your birthday. :spy

No rush to enter, you've got plenty of time to finish the Kit and get it right. It's gotta be good to win, the idea is to get really good quality entries and help improve the quality of the mods. So don't rush it.

I might even make the Kit myself, just for fun and to compare to see what y'all come up with.

Aggz

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Haah, yeah! No rush, just tried one and it looks very similar but still not there so just seeing trying to improve. :)

bahawkes

Club Cricketer
Looking really good mate. One suggestion though, the yellow bands around the arms/shoulders could do with being a bit thicker I reckon. Just a thought. Super work though!!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Already received two submissions! Plenty of time to get yours in. Aiming for at least 6. Come on forum, get to it. Spread the word!

_________

Although I won't be entering, I still wanted to give this a crack just to see how hard this kit is to pull off... I'm a day in and I've only got as far as almost finishing the shirt, still needs a bit of work. See a hint of my progress below, original on the left, in-game on the right...

99563d1345029565-open-entries-official-planet-cricket-mod-month-contest-biggs-t20-teaser.png

I'll need a day or so more to tidy it up and then start the rest of the kit! It's a challenging one, that's for sure! Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

Attachments

• Biggs T20 Teaser.png
    Biggs T20 Teaser.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Maybe! If I get enough people entering... Hope you're making one dude.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Got a few really good submissions already... this is going to be tough to decide, that's for sure! Keep em coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread