Epic - New Indian browser based on Firefox's engine

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just now heard about a new web browser "Epic" released by India, which is based on the Firefox web browser but which has a lot of own add-ons and skins that are completely customized for Indian users. It has 1500 Indian skins based on cities, region, sports, cultures, etc.

Epic Browser

Right now, typing this from the Epic browser. So far, I am loving it. It has a lot of apps on the left like orkut, twitter, gmail, facebook, yahoo, youtube etc. When you click on these, it opens the respective sites on a sidebar within the browser so that you can check these sites while browsing other pages. For example, I can watch a youtube video in the sidebar while I am reading news on Cricinfo on the main page. It has its own antivirus that scans downloads and you can also check your system manually using the antivirus. Its using Mozilla 3.6.6. For Firefox users, not much of a difference apart from the themes, the apps, and the functionality. But for me who is a hardcore IE user, this is excellent.

Check out the screenshot of the browser (with the 'Sachin Tendulkar - batting' theme enabled).

Attachments

• epic-scr.jpg
    epic-scr.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks excellent ! the themes are so well designed, the peacock one looks marvelous!! also the icon logo :clap (Chrome & firefox inspired)

firstly i installed the required flash plug, checked out youtube videos on sidebar and browsed normally on the right. works wonder... cool man, we can search videos there itself... using chrome from time it was released and i m now switching to EPIC for some days. till time i get bored or discover bugs/crash etc.

Thanks Sai for sharing, also check out the Nana Patekar theme in Mumbai section ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Right now, I am using the 'Sachin Tendulkar - batting' theme for the browser. The theme is amazing. I love the themes that I have used so far. The skins are exceptional. Also the apps on the left that I can click and that load immediately on the sidebar is so cool. Also I can write in any Indian language on any website where I can type in text, is just so cool (let me test this - मैं बहुत खुश हूँ इस browser के साथ - this means I am very happy with this browser) .

I AM ALREADY IN LOVE WITH THIS BROWSER!!!! ITS REALLY EPIC!:hpraise:clap

There is one minor problem. When I set Google as my homepage and have it open when I open the browser, the browser does not open in maximized mode. But when I disable having any webpage open when I open the browser, the browser opens in maximized mode. But its not a big irritant.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
OMG! It has Nod 32 Integrated :banana2
+Respect to the Creators:hpraise

Yes, one of the best antivirus software is integrated within the browser and you can also scan your system manually using their integrated software. They also say that they provide special discount for users of their browser if they purchase the commercial edition of NOD 32.

Help (at those using Epic now) - whenever I visit a site that has embedded videos, I get a pop-in message in my browser that the site has an embedded video and it gives me options whether to play the video in sidebar or append to playlist. Do you guys know if I can disable this message from appearing everytime I open a site that has embedded videos?

Chennai Super Kings theme is amazing. THIS BROWSER ROCKS!!! Cant even think of closing it and move onto other parts of my laptop.

Last edited:

Bounce

County Cricketer
Amazing is the word for it.
The first ever browser I have liked after Google Chrome. :hpraise

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Downloading it, hoping to be nice :)

Bounce

County Cricketer
मुझे यह ब्रोव्सेर बहुत अच लग रहा है. सच में यह एपिक है. बाय बाय गूगल क्रोम

i am loving this browser. As the name says, its truly epic. Bye bye google chrome.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It looks pretty good. From the first post I thought the creators of Epic had copied Firefox, but I went to the site and found out that Mozilla was behind it.

I think this is the first browser with an anti-virus installed.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
The browser is awesome, just looking for ad blocker there and then Bye Firefox :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The browser is awesome, just looking for ad blocker there and then Bye Firefox :)

I think you get all the add-ons that you would get with Firefox. I have the Ad Blocker installed with Epic.

Loving the browser more and more! The themes are so impressive that I am changing to a new theme every 2-3 hrs so far:D. Right now, using the RD Burman theme (since was listening to one of his classics, "Pyar Karne Waale Shaan Se"). Also the left menu is placed and designed so effectively with all its apps that its so easy to choose an app and work with it. It also doesnt compromise much with the width and resolution of the actual browsing area.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Thanks Sai just found that too, the browser is really awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread