Epic - New Indian browser based on Firefox's engine

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would try IE8 if it didn't crash every time I browsed to a new page. Out of the box.

Are you on Win 7? Try the "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" and see if you experience the same problem. I disabled my add-ons and the crashing of IE8 stopped. Now I have re-enabled only three add-ons, one for the Shockwave/Flash, one for Java and one for Microsoft Silverlight (for Netflix Instant streaming). And IE8 now works very well for me. A little quick now too)

@ sid: I agree with you. Firefox suddenly started acting wierd on me too after sometime. Had personas enabled and it kept changing itself automatically. A few times while reading some website, the browser closed automatically with no errors, warnings, etc. Decided to dump it and got back to IE, the most reliable. Disabled add-ons on IE (Except the flash/shockwave and the Java ones) and now no crashes on IE yet.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have no need to spend time trying to get IE to work for me. Firefox does the job and since I'm not an add-on whore I rarely see a crash.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry for bumping this up, but a new version (update) is available for Epic.
Makes the browser thousands times better than the previous one.

Must try it out at least once. :)

Users who are viewing this thread