Epic - New Indian browser based on Firefox's engine

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What Epic has done is now develop a liking for Firefox. Epic needs more work. I agree with sohum and those who agreed with him, in that it gets cluttered with lot of stuff onscreen (for me, it was new but after sometime I too started feeling the clutter).

I am now onto Firefox 3.6.6 and its awesome! With IE on Windows 7 Home Premium, many times the browser kept crashing (most of the time when I close the browser). And Firefox has almost everything that Epic has (though the skins are not Indian, there are really good skins with Firefox too). So till Epic release their next version, I am now with Firefox 3.6.6. Firefox should thank Epic for that!:p:laugh

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What Epic has done is now develop a liking for Firefox. Epic needs more work. I agree with sohum and those who agreed with him, in that it gets cluttered with lot of stuff onscreen (for me, it was new but after sometime I too started feeling the clutter).

I am now onto Firefox 3.6.6 and its awesome! With IE on Windows 7 Home Premium, many times the browser kept crashing (most of the time when I close the browser). And Firefox has almost everything that Epic has (though the skins are not Indian, there are really good skins with Firefox too). So till Epic release their next version, I am now with Firefox 3.6.6. Firefox should thank Epic for that!:p:laugh

I am still sticking with IE8.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I've heard that but personally I don't think I have experienced more than 3-4 crashes since I upgraded to IE8.

Ofcourse I don't like or run all those additional add-ons, extensions or webslices or whatever it is you call them. Just my Internet Security's Page Rating and Wi-Fi advisor. Like I said before - minimalistic is how I like it.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will it work on Win98SE?
Firefox 3 dumped support for Win 98, it is more than likely this hideous looking browser is based on Fx 3. Your best choice for browser is probably Opera, which I believe is the only one still being developed at least slightly with 98 in mind.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Firefox has been behaving very poorly for some time for me. I will try version 4 to see if gives improvements.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Firefox has been behaving very poorly for some time for me. I will try version 4 to see if gives improvements.

What OS you use? I have just switched to Firefox 3.6 (some 3 days back) and its like a charm for me. Fantastic experience!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What OS you use? I have just switched to Firefox 3.6 (some 3 days back) and its like a charm for me. Fantastic experience!

Its same everywhere. Office or home. :facepalm

I may well get back to IE based browser like Avant.

Users who are viewing this thread