Your Cricket Ever been out on...

Absolutely gutted at getting out on 49 this Saturday. Would have been my first ever 50. Got bowled in the penultimate over of the innings with no clue that I was on 49. If I had known I would have just defended that ball instead of heaving across the line at the opposition's best bowler. Ahh well, I continue to break my highest score with 37* the week before and now a 49. A fifty is, hopefully, not far away.

That's so mean :(

Although before I made a 50 I had my off stump rooted on 49.

Never been out for 49 nor 99 although I have been dropped on 99 once before, not that I realised I was on it at the time.

Sounds like our game kinda.. this guy was destroying us and hit a slog sweep across the line, straight down deep square leg's throat... and he dropped it, with the batsman on 98. Was kind of entertaining as a fieldsman, these two blokes were hitting us everywhere. The other guy made 130 off 60 balls before yours truly took a quality diving catch at deep midwicket.

Anyway, getting a bit off topic here so I'll just casually end my post now

I almost never take quality catches, mine are either basic or I drop diving ones.

I almost never take quality catches, mine are either basic or I drop diving ones.

This one was a quality one, I was right on the boundary and he got a huge top edge and it went miles into the air. I didn't trust the rest of the fielders on my team so I sprinted in for it calling it and managed to dive forward just at the right time, caught it clean as a whistle. Was a lot of pressure to take that catch though, I didn't want him scoring any more runs but I was just pretty relieved once I caught it.

Also in the 6 a side competition I played at January, some guy was hitting sixes all around the park and I was at square leg.. he hit a bullet slog sweep, I ran in and caught it a few centimetres off the ground.. didn't want to drop that!

I pride myself on my fielding though so if I dropped it I would've been disgraced.

I pride myself on my fielding though so if I dropped it I would've been disgraced.
Same here, it's sort of sad that fielding is the best part of my game. If I drop a catch, even a really difficult one, I get pretty dark at myself :laugh
But saying that, I only dropped one last season but it was quite the sitter. I rarely drop catches but I'd give up my fielding for decent batting any day :laugh

And er, been out on 49 once.

I have been dismissed several times in the 40s.
Then, I guess around three or four times in the 90s.

The worse moment for me was when I was given LBW (correct decision by the umpire) on 197. It would have been my first double hundred. Now 197 is my highest score. The incident took place 6 to 7 months back. :)

I have been dismissed several times in the 40s.
Then, I guess around three or four times in the 90s.

The worse moment for me was when I was given LBW (correct decision by the umpire) on 197. It would have been my first double hundred. Now 197 is my highest score. The incident took place 6 to 7 months back. :)

Backyard champion?

What kind of backyard rules do you guys have? Our ones definitely favour the bowlers....

Same here, Average would probably be in the 20's for BYC.
We do use a stick as a bat though, or else it's just no fun.

Bats are just to easy to use if you use a tennis ball.. Do you?
I wouldn't go thicker than a wicket, but we have a classic BYC stick. Perfect length been around for years now :p. A half taped tennis ball vs a stick on an uneven wicket makes great contests, dominated by the ball, rightly so.

We occasionally use a taped ball but mostly tennis. Like I said our rules assist the bowlers in a big way. Run scoring is hard, just gotta grind it out.

Users who are viewing this thread